Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All we really need is to maintain those differential rates indefinitely. 20, 30 years of that and we solve a lot of problems.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Huh. It's almost as if vaccines work or something.
      ^^^Huh go figure, sounds like another Covidian who doesn’t know that the CDC only updates breakthrough infections if it results in a hospitalization or death. Geeze how that might skew the data.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

#Covidians

Comment

• Private school in Florida to make vaccinated students stay home for 30 days as a “precautionary measure…”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...at-home-for-30
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          You watch, eventually the vaccinated vs unvaxed will become closer in terms of per 100k as the number of dip****s who got immunity the most dangerous way begin to approach vaccination rates.

They'll start to claim it's not effective.
          Seems like they are already playing that game. I'm quite sure the math of odds of getting COVID will be totally lost on them- since it is already.

Immediately, they got onto the breakthrough cases and pretended then it was ineffective. Even though all of the data coming from the public was exactly what the vaccine data said it would be- it's not 100% perfect, and it's more about reducing deaths and hospitalizations. Infections are 6-1, hospitalizations are 16-1, and deaths 11-1 pretty much follow the expectation. And if enough get the vaccine then the odds of infection will snuff the virus out.

I thought of a theory of some reluctance- people don't want to be forced to make a choice where the choice may give them harm, but they accept the higher odds of a worse outcome when it's not their choice. The "what if I'm the unlucky one" for "1/1,000,000" compared to the odds of getting covid and effects if you don't. As if fate is more acceptable than choice, even when fate = much higher odds of a worse outcome.

One indicator of that is "we don't know the long term effects", which is very true and accurate, but we know the long term effects from COVID. Even though there are no real indicators of a long term risk to the vaccine due to the technology used for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Private school in Florida to make vaccinated students stay home for 30 days as a “precautionary measure…”

I don't see how they could enforce that. You can prove you're vaccinated if required. You can't prove someone isn't vaccinated if they don't want you to know. This is pure virtue signaling. As much as I hate that term.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I don't see how they could enforce that. You can prove you're vaccinated if required. You can't prove someone isn't vaccinated if they don't want you to know. This is pure virtue signaling. As much as I hate that term.
              "We aren't Anti-vaxxers...we just believe everything they say even though science and common sense say otherwise!".

My kid would be out of that school so fast...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Private school in Florida to make vaccinated students stay home for 30 days as a “precautionary measure…”

jfc
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I knew immediately it would be THAT particular school. If I had any kids attending that school, I would've pulled them this past summer after their nonsense.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Nick Rolovich giving up a $3 million salary and one of the most coveted jobs in his profession so that he can put himself and people around him at heightened risk of dying. Really one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. All-time bag fumble, medical fumble, reputation fumble
                    I am sure the fans feel owned ;^)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Best response of the thread.

I think someone else put it best- I’d let them inject cheese whiz into me for $3 million
                      3 million a year. Three million. Of course if they can't do the ****ing math on the shot, they can't do the ****ing math on their finances either. Do we teach Math anymore? I think we're failing at teaching math. Apparently we're teaching too much critical race theory and not enough math (massive sarcasm).
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Best response of the thread.

3 million a year. Three million. Of course if they can't do the ****ing math on the shot, they can't do the ****ing math on their finances either. Do we teach Math anymore? I think we're failing at teaching math. Apparently we're teaching too much critical race theory and not enough math (massive sarcasm).
                        Yeah, but the problem is, it's *another* three million. If I already had $10M in the bank, $3M is a lot less incentive to do anything. I doubt he's got that much, but his Hawaii Contract was $2.1M for 5 years with plenty of incentives. Throw in endorsements, camps, etc, and I suspect he's already covered for a comfortable life.

Totally different situation than a normal paycheck-to-paycheck wage slave turning down that money.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• In general if you live in Pullman it's a good idea to get any vaccine you can get your hands on.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Yeah, but the problem is, it's *another* three million. If I already had $10M in the bank, $3M is a lot less incentive to do anything. I doubt he's got that much, but his Hawaii Contract was $2.1M for 5 years with plenty of incentives. Throw in endorsements, camps, etc, and I suspect he's already covered for a comfortable life.

Totally different situation than a normal paycheck-to-paycheck wage slave turning down that money.
                            Well, that's true I guess. But it doesn't jive with the greed of rich people currently. I mean, look at it this way. It's ok for him to throw 3 million away over this but he has a problem paying more taxes? It just doesn't jive.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              In general if you live in Pullman it's a good idea to get any vaccine you can get your hands on.
                              Pullman/Spokanistan = Meth Capital of the West

Or so I hear.

Comment

• I have no idea who that person is, but anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated (vs. is recommended by their doctor not to) is a moron. Regardless of what they're giving up.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X