Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Is it really a surprise that the anti vaxxors, anti maxors are not as grown up as a 2 and 4 year old?
    A Covidian’s dream come true.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEconom...91639528968193

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

SCSU family in front of us was bleating like eild animals in between stuffing food into their fat faces. No mask at any time. Student section? I think I saw like 3 masks total
      Student section I'm less worried about since students needed to be vaccinated q
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

And, those who didn't die, how much work did they miss? Are they still out of work with long term effects? Are they back at restricted duty? What industries have seen their sector hit harder by Covid illnesses?

Jebbers, there's more impacts from Covid than just getting better or dying from it.
        This is something anyone who studies Public Health has beaten into them. I witnessed this many times in my patient population even before COVID.

The impact any serious illness has a massive ripple effect. The vast majority of our population has no coverage for long term care and there is no way to afford it without some sort of insurance. THe person gets sick and it disrupts the precarious balance between members- all of them need to be capable to make things work. One member gets sick. They cannot afford in home care and the person doesn't qualify or can't afford admission to a facility. That means a family member needs to decrease hours or quit to pick up the pieces, care for the person. Now they've lost more income. They make enough they don't qualify for help but do not have liquid assets to pay for anything. Many times one of those people was involved in the patchwork of folks that manage to cover childcare. Another nightmare.

Take home- our country is backwater, third country when it comes to survival of living with a serious chronic illness. A person has to bankrupt them self in order to qualify for assistance and in most cases the entire family's financial standing is diminished. It usually doesn't recover.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          This is something anyone who studies Public Health has beaten into them. I witnessed this many times in my patient population even before COVID.

The impact any serious illness has a massive ripple effect. The vast majority of our population has no coverage for long term care and there is no way to afford it without some sort of insurance. THe person gets sick and it disrupts the precarious balance between members- all of them need to be capable to make things work. One member gets sick. They cannot afford in home care and the person doesn't qualify or can't afford admission to a facility. That means a family member needs to decrease hours or quit to pick up the pieces, care for the person. Now they've lost more income. They make enough they don't qualify for help but do not have liquid assets to pay for anything. Many times one of those people was involved in the patchwork of folks that manage to cover childcare. Another nightmare.

Take home- our country is backwater, third country when it comes to survival of living with a serious chronic illness. A person has to bankrupt them self in order to qualify for assistance and in most cases the entire family's financial standing is diminished. It usually doesn't recover.
          But that's how capitalism works- if you can't afford it, sucks for you. I'm sure that's what jebbers and sic thinks. Helping each other is clearly communism. Unless, of course, you all pool your money together and cover other rich people like you- insurance is communism for profit, and that's ok.

Which is to say, I feel for people who really try, but for the deniers or any person who actively tries to keep this going- that does really suck for you- since you did it to yourself.

Comment

• Yeah republicans don’t give a **** about DALY, the hallmark of any public health 101 class

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Student section I'm less worried about since students needed to be vaccinated q
              Was proof of vaccination or negative test not required to get in?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Was proof of vaccination or negative test not required to get in?
                They don’t require proof of anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

SCSU family in front of us was bleating like eild animals in between stuffing food into their fat faces. No mask at any time. Student section? I think I saw like 3 masks total
                  Cornell student section at tonight's Princeton exhibition was the opposite. All the kids were in masks and I was proud of them. In all honesty I assumed they would be YDFC as per us 1981 but apparently they are much more mature than we at their age.

It helps not to have conservatards. God bless admissions standards.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2021, 10:03 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Also, what about the families of those who've lost a loved one? What's been the impact on their lives? How much work have they missed? Have they taken leave? Just quit? Been fired for missing work, or not being as productive?

How are they coping, or managing to? Are they managing to? How are they able to drag their *** out of bed every morning and head off to their ****ty job every day?

Or has their world just effectively ended?
                    Les captured my own thoughts well, but I absolutely did not mean to imply that death only effects the dead.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      Les captured my own thoughts well, but I absolutely did not mean to imply that death only effects the dead.
                      Wasn't directed at you, more of a continuation of where I was going toward Sic.

He, like Jebbers, feels the only consequences from Covid are you either get sick and recover, or get sick and die. There's a whole lot more to it than that. as can be seen in the current issues with the supply chain.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Right wing media already using Powell death to scream that vaccines aren’t working

he had cancer. It weakened his immune system.

matt gaetz with a hot take

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/st...930394120?s=21
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 10-18-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ents-children/

To that point:
                          A new study published Thursday in the journal Pediatrics attempts to quantify the vast hole left by these deaths, estimating that roughly 140,000 children under 18 may have lost parents or caregivers from March 2020 to June 2021 due to covid or other causes classified as pandemic-related. Those numbers take into account both official covid deaths and deaths from other causes, such as homicides and drug overdoses, beyond those expected in a typical yearbefore the pandemic.
                          This indicates that this number of 140,000 children does not include the Delta wave.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ents-children/

To that point:

This indicates that this number of 140,000 children does not include the Delta wave.
                            Republicans don't care.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Family member has now come down with Covid and is stuck in Europe on a trip now because of the positive test. Was vaccinated, no booster.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• On Powell.
                                He was an 84yr-old prostate cancer survivor battling multiple myeloma = cancerous plasma cells accumulate in bone marrow, crowd out healthy white blood cells, & the cancer cells produce abnormal proteins instead of helpful antibodies thus making mRNA vaccines much less effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X