Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Many companies are allowing time off after shot ans not have it come from pto or sick time so that seems entirely reasonable
    But they’d better make it retroactive for anyone who got the vaccine voluntarily and then had to take a day off. Holdouts shouldn’t get special treatment.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• So at least 100 yahoos with signs and flags protesting outside our maim security gate this morning, with requisite flags and signs with non-sequitor freedom slogans. There’s no nearby parking, so they even had a sign directing people to park at a nearby mall and “take the shuttle.” Several police cars nearby, but nobody was impeding traffic in any way.

My department (~600 engineers) sent out an email clarifying the company’s position on the vaccine and the protesting (everything legal is allowable, but keep it off company time and property). Only one knucklehead replied all accusing our CEO of being an enthusiastic accomplice. I was bracing for the email storm, but I guess IT got it shut down before it really got going.

Back to normal tomorrow, I suspect.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        outside our maim security gate
        I'm picturing a giant nail-studded death gate.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Did they cheer "Let's go Brandon" also? ;-)
          And here I thought it was going to be for that NoDak alumnus and felon, Brandon BUCKS Bochenski.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

On that very specific thing? Sure. Otherwise I think the union is totally right demanding non-sick-time-use for adverse reaction-caused time off. I'm entirely with the union on that, and think that if that is, in fact, the sticking point then SWA management is dead wrong. Most other good companies figured that out 10 months ago.
            On that specific thing, yes.

Otherwise, I think you figured SWA out --> "Most other good companies figured that out 10 months ago."
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

And here I thought it was going to be for that NoDak alumnus and felon, Brandon BUCKS Bochenski.
              I was SO waiting for that Saturday night; but, also, no joy. ;-)

PS - Bochenski was a minor when he misused a printer and paper.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I was SO waiting for that Saturday night; but, also, no joy. ;-)

PS - Bochenski was a minor when he misused a printer and paper.
                That’s irrelevant. He was charged and convicted with a felony charge of counterfeiting money, and then trying to pass the fake bills at his hometown hockey rink. Upstanding character.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'd say Covid mandate was another drip in a drip-drip-drip eroding relationship between SWAPA union and SWA.

https://www.swapa.org/news/2021/lead...ccine-mandate/

The SWAPA filing:
                  https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...52616.11.0.pdf
                  Either that or the airline is run like crap and they scheduled far too many flights without enough crew to do the flights
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Allan West must post here under the handle Chuck Murray.

Comment

• Imagine heckling, belittling, dare I say laughing or cheering, when someone contracts a virus that could have been stopped via available measures and testing that were not used or followed.

But instead of the 2020s and Covid, imagine it's the 1980s and AIDS.

Not a great look is it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Imagine heckling, belittling, dare I say laughing or cheering, when someone contracts a virus that could have been stopped via available measures and testing that were not used or followed.

Not a great look is it.
                        When in the 80's was there an AIDS vaccine? I don't recall there being an AIDS vaccine....

And testing was only so good- as people still got in from blood transfusions.

One other thing- in the Reagan era, when was there an worldwide effort to actually figure out what it was, how to treat it, develop better ways to deal with it long term, and even develop a vaccine??? I very much don't recall that.

You may see it as the same, but reality shows that it very much was not.

But thanks for playing.
                        Last edited by MichVandal; 10-11-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Imagine heckling, belittling, dare I say laughing or cheering, when someone contracts a virus that could have been stopped via available measures and testing that were not used or followed.

Not a great look is it.
                          It's National Coming Out Day, I have to imagine you're trying to tell us something...

Comment

• Also, other than blood transfusion, imagine acquiring the AIDS disease through no action of your own.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Jesus sic, that was really bad
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by the sicatoka View Post
                                imagine heckling, belittling, dare i say laughing or cheering, when someone contracts a virus that could have been stopped via available measures and testing that were not used or followed.

But instead of the 2020s and covid, imagine it's the 1980s and aids.

Not a great look is it.
                                jfc...
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X