Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still can't believe we're pushing the six feet thing two years into this.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I still can't believe we're pushing the six feet thing two years into this.
      What is the actual safe distance? 6 meters?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What is the actual safe distance? 6 meters?
        Cigarette smoke is an aerosol. How far away until you don't smell it in a room?

I personally don't believe there is a safe distance unmasked in anything less than a gymnasium. Or where air changes are significantly higher than a standard office.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I still can't believe we're pushing the six feet thing two years into this.
          I’ve never agreed more strongly with something posted on this board.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Cigarette smoke is an aerosol. How far away until you don't smell it in a room?
            Me? The next county.

Meanwhile, things get... darker.

Popular patience with the covidiots has run out.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Maybe but is it any worse than a cross country flight? I would have thought by now we would have a plane load of folks getting covid from one sick passenger.
              Planes have filtration systems for the air...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Planes have filtration systems for the air...
                So do ships.

Comment

• I'd read that while 6 feet was not sufficient for the OG Covid and other variants, it was a vaguely ok guideline for reducing infection. But Delta came in and crapped all over that, and unfortunately the only distance that will reduce Delta's spread is "another room entirely".
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So do ships.
                    Yeah but ships have way more contact between people and for much longer durations of time. Not to mention buffets, ports of call...etc.

Put it this way, you hardly ever hear about planes leading to mass outbreaks of things (it does happen but not very frequently) but you always hear about cruises having outbreaks. There is just too many factors at play.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I'd read that while 6 feet was not sufficient for the OG Covid and other variants, it was a vaguely ok guideline for reducing infection. But Delta came in and crapped all over that, and unfortunately the only distance that will reduce Delta's spread is "another room entirely".
                      Yeah the 6 feet wasn't a guarantee of safety, it was an action that was supposed to help promote better overall behaviors. Like wearing masks outside. In reality it didn't really make you much safer (since outside was proven to be pretty safe) but if you wore it outside you would likely do other things to keep yourself and others safe.

It is why, even with vaxxes on the rise the CDC didn't want to say anything about masks at first. Masks are a good way to keep your behaviors in check. The last thing we needed (and got cause people are selfish ****wits) was people to pretend the world was back to normal because they got their shot.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/tbtduluth/status...461006/photo/1

Lead singer of Trampled By Turtles. Not much of a fan of their music but Dave is pretty good people and he friggin nails it!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah the 6 feet wasn't a guarantee of safety, it was an action that was supposed to help promote better overall behaviors. Like wearing masks outside. In reality it didn't really make you much safer (since outside was proven to be pretty safe) but if you wore it outside you would likely do other things to keep yourself and others safe.

It is why, even with vaxxes on the rise the CDC didn't want to say anything about masks at first. Masks are a good way to keep your behaviors in check. The last thing we needed (and got cause people are selfish ****wits) was people to pretend the world was back to normal because they got their shot.
                          But that's exactly what we got in May, when Biden's CDC said that vaccinated people didn't need to wear masks.

No way to verify who was and who wasn't, so everyone just quit wearing masks, and we got Delta, and here we are.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

But that's exactly what we got in May, when Biden's CDC said that vaccinated people didn't need to wear masks.

No way to verify who was and who wasn't, so everyone just quit wearing masks, and we got Delta, and here we are.
                            But at this point, Delta is targeting the stupid. Those of us that have been smart about things once the picture became clear in late Summer have been able to keep the numbers low. It's blatantly clear how this works since the infection maps basically mirror an election map of the past 10-12 years. There will be collateral damage at this point, and that sucks. But just letting COVID rage through the stupid is pretty much the only way we can beat this. This has become a war of attrition.

It's sad, but I really don't see any other option at this point. I keep looking for one and am absolutely open to hearing educated opinions, but I feel the writing is on the wall here. It's gonna take 1m+ deaths from the DERP side of the line at minimum to MAYBE get the point across. The hope is that MAYBE the DERPs will use their 4 functioning brain cells to realize that they didn't have to lose their Mom, Dad, Cousin, Best Friend, and whomever else they care about. For some of these people they will need to lose 2, 3, 4 close, interpersonal relationships to get the point across. I still believe that concepts will turn some heads (think about the Nuke debate and result in 1945). Yes, some will never learn. But I still hold out a slight hope in humanity. And shame on me for that belief.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• If Dumpies want to off themselves, let them.

Conservatives live in a world of make-believe and when that intersects with fact the result is PAIN. Nature doesn't care about their bullsh-t. This is the Correspondence Theory of Truth saying, "**** your metaphysics, let's dance."

In real life, you don't float just because you never studied the law of gravity.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2021, 11:06 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If Dumpies want to off themselves, let them.

Conservatives live in a world of make-believe and when that intersects with fact the result is PAIN. Nature doesn't care about their bullsh-t. This is the Correspondence Theory of Truth saying, "**** your metaphysics, let's dance."

In real life, you don't float just because you never studied the law of gravity.
                                Pretty much. Momma Nature and Darwin will find a way. They are the ultimate purveyors of F-A-F-O.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X