Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

And this begs the larger question: How many people are "all in" on the Anti-Vax bandwagon and will give up their job? I mean, very few people can go an extended time with no income. How many R's live paycheck to paycheck. What's gonna happen when they are asked to buy into COBRA with COVID still raging?
    Boo hoo. They’ll be living (what they’ve been telling us is) the easy life, collecting those free government checks without a care in the world. That’s how welfare works, right?
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Boo hoo. They’ll be living (what they’ve been telling us is) the easy life, collecting those free government checks without a care in the world. That’s how welfare works, right?
      Especially if you secede ;^)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        The news here showed a website of smaller companies who will not require vaccines. So *some* of those fools may find jobs. I'm pretty certain that none of those small companies will also offer healthcare. And since vaccine is not a pre-existing condition, it's a choice, then the open market healthcare companies can charge more for coverage- noting the cost data of dealing with unvaxord sick people.

But seeing the pretty high population of people who are vaccinated, and there's going to be a decent chunk who will probably get it- the ones who are petulant children may end up being pretty small.
        I work for a medium sized company and they’re more than willing to hire unvaccinated people. They think it will help get more people through the door but I think it’s penny wise pound foolish.

One thing that I’m going to be interested to see play out is shortage of essential goods and services. It seems like almost overnight(it’s really a crisis 20+ years in the making) we have run out of housing and cars are really tough right now as well due to the chip shortage. I’ve noticed at the grocery store a lot of stuff is out of stock as well. Covid is likely going to make healthcare and education that much tough/expensive too.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I work for a medium sized company and they’re more than willing to hire unvaccinated people. They think it will help get more people through the door but I think it’s penny wise pound foolish.

One thing that I’m going to be interested to see play out is shortage of essential goods and services. It seems like almost overnight(it’s really a crisis 20+ years in the making) we have run out of housing and cars are really tough right now as well due to the chip shortage. I’ve noticed at the grocery store a lot of stuff is out of stock as well. Covid is likely going to make healthcare and education that much tough/expensive too.
          For the latter, I'm hoping that business actually learn the flaws of their system, and fix it. But that would mean companies look really long term, and assume that interruptions actually will happen. The very delicate supply chain needs to be fixed, including diversifying where stuff comes from. Maybe the US auto industry can get chips made in the USA, like we were when I started my career 30 years ago.

There are always flaws in the rush to the bottom of the cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

For the latter, I'm hoping that business actually learn the flaws of their system, and fix it. But that would mean companies look really long term, and assume that interruptions actually will happen. The very delicate supply chain needs to be fixed, including diversifying where stuff comes from. Maybe the US auto industry can get chips made in the USA, like we were when I started my career 30 years ago.

There are always flaws in the rush to the bottom of the cost.
            The factory in Indiana where GM is currently parking their "Built Shy" pickup trucks awaiting chips was once a former chip factory for GM until they offshore'd their manufacturing.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

The factory in Indiana where GM is currently parking their "Built Shy" pickup trucks awaiting chips was once a former chip factory for GM until they offshore'd their manufacturing.
              I'm sure the irony is missed by Mary.

We did the same thing, removing the electronics part of our company about 25 years ago, and since then, they have shrunk over time. And now we are stuck with too many single sources that are not on this continent. Hardly shocking that we also have thousands of vehicles waiting for computers.

Comment

• I see some R's in Michigan congress are trying to prevent any covid related actions- including masking and vaccine mandates. Might as well remove all drunk driving laws, so that people can make their own personal choices without regard to the rest of the state.

Seems like that should just be the easy challenge- if they want to prevent all actions related to covid, should we also just eliminate all drunk driving laws, since they cost society so much less- fewer deaths, fewer hospitalizations, less burden on insurance companies, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Is that why Jim Breuer was trending?
                  I always mix him up with John Byner. But John Byner was cool and one of the great bar bets of all time:

He was cast in Happy Days as Mork from Ork but found the premise ridiculous, so he declined the role days before filming began. Robin Williams was called in at the last minute
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Health minister of Trinidad and Tobago had to address the Nikki Minaj enlarged balls claim.

Jfc

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Health minister of Trinidad and Tobago had to address the Nikki Minaj enlarged balls claim.

Jfc
                        lmfao
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I always mix him up with John Byner. But John Byner was cool and one of the great bar bets of all time:
                          [Johnny Carson voice]I did not know that.[/Johnny Carson voice]

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Health minister of Trinidad and Tobago had to address the Nikki Minaj enlarged balls claim.

Jfc
                            Was T&T the country where Wyclef Jean ran for President, or was that Haiti?

I have the impression Caribbean politics is "handcrafted."
                            Cornell University

Comment

• COVID is about to become a crisis. It is inconveniencing business travelers.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                COVID is about to become a crisis. It is inconveniencing business travelers.
                                Business travel is still a fraction of what it was before March 2020. I still have not flown for work since then, and very few people at my firm have been approved to fly. They'll mainly be inconveniencing Ma & Pa Kettle trying to visit the Grand Canyon or escape the snow this winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X