Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I should have read this thread yesterday. I was feeling pretty alone in this sentiment.

One of the pilots came from where we live. I lost patients in the first plane. I also cared for the spouses, children, someone who lost a pregnancy after the partner died, and knew people who scrambled not knowing what they were getting into.

The superficial theatrical production happening now grates me. All the drama, no deep thinking. And the a55hats with the memes about people not caring now make me want to puke. Almost all of them on my feed are from younger white men who weren't born when it happened but are happy to baa-aaa like a sheep in outrage. GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No use trying to hold them accountable. I grieve privately. Not on display for effect
    I saw someone on Twitter who posted what the NYT did 20 years after Pearl Harbor. It was two short stories that didn't even make the front page I don't believe.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I should have read this thread yesterday. I was feeling pretty alone in this sentiment.

One of the pilots came from where we live. I lost patients in the first plane. I also cared for the spouses, children, someone who lost a pregnancy after the partner died, and knew people who scrambled not knowing what they were getting into.

The superficial theatrical production happening now grates me. All the drama, no deep thinking. And the a55hats with the memes about people not caring now make me want to puke. Almost all of them on my feed are from younger white men who weren't born when it happened but are happy to baa-aaa like a sheep in outrage. GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No use trying to hold them accountable. I grieve privately. Not on display for effect
      While we are on that tangent- one thing that is always missed in this whole thing is the question- "how did people get so mad at the US to attack them?"

We didn't support Afghanistan, we fought the Russians. If we supported the country, we would have helped out after the Soviets left. Just like how we don't support the middle east, unless they are the small group that lets our companies have their oil- letting most people suffer. And just like we've pretty much destroyed South and Central American democracies due to greed of companies who want control- whenever there was any sniff of human rights being part of a government, we went in and messed it up in the name of "red fear". (Banana Republics, and sugar companies, let alone how we get cheap labor from Mexico, only to bash it just to keep costs low)

Nobody wants to accept the things our country has done that is the exact opposite of what we pretend we are for. Like freedom and liberty.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I think it still needs Unit on the end, but thanks for finding the K that I couldn't see.

In other news, who knew that a uniform, nationwide policy could actually be divisive?

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson: Federal mandates fuel resistance to vaccinations (msn.com)

Also, up is down and water is dry.
        He may even be right, and I'm not sure we should care anymore. If your only argument is "nuh uh!" then I'm not interested in any kind of discussion on the matter. Enjoy life, excluded by society.
        Last edited by Swansong; 09-13-2021, 08:22 AM.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Huge Q-Anon supporter in Chicagoland succumbs to COVID. Is hailed as a martyr by fellow Q-Anon followers. Followers who are harassing the hospital where she died at for not giving her Ivermectin.

This is the same woman who camped out regularly on a pedestrian bridge over I-90 (Kennedy Expressway) on the northwest corner of the City of Chicago. She would hang homemade banners from the bridge during the afternoon rush hour.

Side note, she was a Bernie supporter in 2016 before going full Trump/Q these last few years.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Huge Q-Anon supporter in Chicagoland succumbs to COVID. Is hailed as a martyr by fellow Q-Anon followers. Followers who are harassing the hospital where she died at for not giving her Ivermectin.

This is the same woman who camped out regularly on a pedestrian bridge over I-90 (Kennedy Expressway) on the northwest corner of the City of Chicago. She would hang homemade banners from the bridge during the afternoon rush hour.

Side note, she was a Bernie supporter in 2016 before going full Trump/Q these last few years.
            How does one become a martyr for dying of something they think is fake?

Just because they didn't give her pretend drugs?

It's interesting how they are doubling down even though more and more people are dying. And they are their own people.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1437435691584180226

Family says Alabama man was turned away from 43 packed ICUs before dying
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And even though it was a covid related death, it won't be counted as one.

Not that it matters anymore- if people are dying due to lack of care, there's really no point in worrying about numbers.

Comment

• "But......but the Rolling Stone article!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• 25% of positive covid cases in Minnesota last week were breakthrough cases (so about 3000 cases). That is exactly what I was expecting to happen about a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

How does one become a martyr for dying of something they think is fake?

Just because they didn't give her pretend drugs?

It's interesting how they are doubling down even though more and more people are dying. And they are their own people.
                      This is becoming a grim example of When Prophesy Fails.

tldr: When a cult's prophesy fails, they don't wise up. They double down and become more and more irrational in defending their adherence to it. It's like a psychological form of the sunk cost fallacy. These people will kill themselves and their loved ones in order to shirk facing their having been swindled.

Other studies have shown conservatives are particularly vulnerable to this effect since their personalities are conditioned by closed-mindedness, fear and faith rather than open-mindedness, curiosity and reason. We are seeing a subculture kill themselves to avoid facing that they were duped by their con artist "leaders" in the GOP and rightwing media. They are so incapable of assuming adult responsibilities that they would rather die.

This would be sad, except their selfishness has killed hundreds of thousands. So...

Last edited by Kepler; 09-13-2021, 03:27 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So I work at NYS DOL, and a question was posed to me today. If you get fired for refusing the vaccine, do you still get UI. They want their cake and eat it to, even though it clearly says “if you get fired, <b> through no fault of your own</b>…
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          So I work at NYS DOL, and a question was posed to me today. If you get fired for refusing the vaccine, do you still get UI. They want their cake and eat it to, even though it clearly says “if you get fired, <b> through no fault of your own</b>…
                          It depends on the company and state. Some have specifically noted that if you refuse the corporate rules that you are resigning for refusal to adhere to company policies. Others are "firing with cause" for the same reason and have threatened to challenge the application for UI. Others are firing people and not challenging.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Jeff bridges, who has cancer, spent five weeks in hospital with covid.

dude is a *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Jeff bridges, who has cancer, spent five weeks in hospital with covid.

dude is a *****
                              And he hates the Eagles.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                So I work at NYS DOL, and a question was posed to me today. If you get fired for refusing the vaccine, do you still get UI. They want their cake and eat it to, even though it clearly says “if you get fired, <b> through no fault of your own</b>…
                                I've seen people posting things from their nutball reddit forums asking if they secede... do they still get social security..
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X