Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Parents volunteering their children for vaccine trials is just interesting to me. I didn't know if there was a monetary incentive involved like some kind of trust for that kid down the line. Don't get me wrong, I will get my kids vaccinated when it's good to go but I don't think I would volunteer them for a vaccine trial.
    The vaccine has already been tested in animals and adults for safety and efficacy, now they're testing for efficacy/dosage in kids. The parents signing their kids up for the study know it is relatively low risk, that their kid may get a beneficial vaccine far before it is available to the general public, and they know that they are doing something to help humanity as a whole (this last point is apparently a foreign concept to some).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
      https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/JVI.00794-21

SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Induces Paracrine Senescence and Leukocyte Adhesion in Endothelial Cells

you said it was just a cold, right?

btw

A nonreplicable form of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein is used in the vaccines for immunization. Therefore, viral spike protein expression and duration of antigenic stimulation to the immune system in the injected tissue (although expected for a brief period) may not be sufficient to exhibit significant senescence or deleterious effect to adjacent endothelial cells.
      sounds like getting vaccinated would be preferable to catching the Trump cold

Comment

• I should not have to post this but we have a facebook moron here spreading lies.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...-viral-claims/

All of the COVID-19 vaccines currently approved in the United States are designed to instruct human cells to make harmless spike proteins — mimicking a viral protein that’s used by the SARS-CoV-2 virus to enter cells. When the immune system recognizes the proteins, which aren’t normally there, it starts generating antibodies and building an immune response against them. The process prepares the body against future infection.

These vaccines have been found to be effective and safe in clinical trials with tens of thousands of participants, and in real world conditions with over 325 million doses administered.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• There is a pretty good documentary that premiered on HBO last night called In the Same Breath by a woman born and raised in China, but who now lives in the U.S. She was in Wuhan at the beginning of the pandemic and has a lot of film footage, some taken surreptitiously, in hospitals, funeral homes, etc...

Sort of the money shot of the movie is when a Chinese citizen critical of the government's response there says that tens of thousands of Chinese died because they don't have any freedom in China, particularly freedom of speech, and that if such freedoms had existed, all of those people wouldn't have died. The filmmaker than juxtaposes that with the U.S. demonstrations by people proclaiming their freedom, and the idea that expression of that freedom has probably resulted in the losses of tens of thousands of lives here.

Worth a look.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            There is a pretty good documentary that premiered on HBO last night called In the Same Breath by a woman born and raised in China, but who now lives in the U.S. She was in Wuhan at the beginning of the pandemic and has a lot of film footage, some taken surreptitiously, in hospitals, funeral homes, etc...

Sort of the money shot of the movie is when a Chinese citizen critical of the government's response there says that tens of thousands of Chinese died because they don't have any freedom in China, particularly freedom of speech, and that if such freedoms had existed, all of those people wouldn't have died. The filmmaker than juxtaposes that with the U.S. demonstrations by people proclaiming their freedom, and the idea that expression of that freedom has probably resulted in the losses of tens of thousands of lives here.

Worth a look.
            Actual freedom and perceived "freedumbs" are two very different things, with the latter being the cause of the plague currently ripping through the south. I agree with your point, but I put the latter closer to anarchy than I do to being "free".

Think back to Will McAvoy's famous rant from the pilot of THE NEWSROOM. He lists a bunch of countries that have "freedom" and specifically notes that it's not exclusive to the US.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

The vaccine has already been tested in animals and adults for safety and efficacy, now they're testing for efficacy/dosage in kids. The parents signing their kids up for the study know it is relatively low risk, that their kid may get a beneficial vaccine far before it is available to the general public, and they know that they are doing something to help humanity as a whole (this last point is apparently a foreign concept to some).
              If that last part was directed at me, I don't think being hesitant to volunteer your child for a vaccine trial means you are somehow against helping humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I should not have to post this but we have a facebook moron here spreading lies.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...-viral-claims/
                So jebbers is trying to make people afraid of the virus because of a specific reaction that's actually part of why the vaccine works in the first place?

Go figure.

Pick and choose all you want, but like the problem with the data a year ago, vaccine data overwhelmingly shows that it's effective.

Feel free to not take it, but it's funny that the spreaders of bad ideas can't see that the anti-vaxxors are the ones using up hospital resources and dying in a far, far higher percentage than ones that are vaccinated. Data is data.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  There is a pretty good documentary that premiered on HBO last night called In the Same Breath by a woman born and raised in China, but who now lives in the U.S. She was in Wuhan at the beginning of the pandemic and has a lot of film footage, some taken surreptitiously, in hospitals, funeral homes, etc...

Worth a look.
                  One side is the freedom of speech to tell the truth, the other is the freedom of speech to not.

Comment

• Ignore the troll. Would we bother to respond to a flat earther beyond mockery?
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

But in the end, that is the grand experiment. Do you accept an experiment to prevent your child from getting sick, or do you take the chance of them getting sick? I'd wager that the Delta variant has changed how parents look at that balance equation.

Ignore the "attack" on you, and looking at the big picture- this is honestly a balance between risks, for all of us. So far, the adult data shows that the effectiveness is far better than w/o, assuming the hospital data is accurate. And noting the increase in younger people getting sick, it appears that the same balance will apply to kids.

Now if the 3rd dose reduces the ability to spread the virus, that's really good news. We have to remember the goal of the vaccine was to reduce the need for hospitalization and death. It was never going to be perfect, but considerably higher than w/o. If a 3rd then prevents others from getting infected by a person, that will help the doubters quite a bit- without them actually having to get a vaccine.

That being said- what would be better- the US getting a 3rd dose, or country X getting their first 2? I would suggest the latter.
                      Your last paragraph was my thought process. I don’t want to get sick, but if the first two doses prevent me from going to the hospital, I’m okay with that. Now, if the third dose significantly lowers the chances of me transmitting it to my unvaccinated children, yes, I’ll take it.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...43498586996737

Gov. Ron DeSantis's (R-FL) new anti-mask line: “Politicians wanna force you to cover your face as a way for them to cover their own asses.”
                        https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1428363875510931458

President Biden on governors trying to block mask mandates in school: "We're not going to sit by as governors try to block and intimidate educators for protecting our children."
                        I do like how DeathSantis has Regeneron on stand bye...what a remarkable coincidence that his biggest political donor is a major investor in Regeneron. If only Citadel would invest in Pfizer or Moderna Flo(R)ida might not be the Alabama of Mississippis!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I believe I read that it’s costing a **** ton to use regeneron- so this all makes perfect sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            I believe I read that it’s costing a **** ton to use regeneron- so this all makes perfect sense
                            It's all about the Benjamin's. Always has been.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I believe I read that it’s costing a **** ton to use regeneron- so this all makes perfect sense
                              Yep and he has it ready by the stadium load if what I read is true.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Violating Nuremberg you say?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nathanTbe...53036754178069

Comment

Working...
                                X