Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    But shouldnt that process have started months ago? (like when it got approved for all other ages) I mean they knew school was coming and anyone with a brain knew half the states would not let schools mandate masks. Shouldnt they have been shooting for a timeline that matched up? Just seems off but I am obviously just a random dude with no expertise.
    It had, and was supposedly on track for EUA approval this summer (and possible ages 2-5 EUA approval by fall). But then the FDA requested more information and we're delayed.

The main question for the yoots is dosage. It's the same vaccine, but in other vaccines given to adults and children, the kids typically get much smaller doses. And now with the potential for heart inflammation (though that potential is a pale shadow of what actual COVID does), they're trying to get it right. But to me it seems like we're letting the perfect be the enemy of the good and needlessly delaying things.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
      I could walk circles around you all day.
      Nobody who mattered ever squealed "I matter!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• don't quote the troll

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          don't quote the troll
          The troll who called boosters well before the first “vaccine” was even on the market.

Comment

• I think Jeb meant he could run a train all day. It's a skill he learned from his mom.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It had, and was supposedly on track for EUA approval this summer (and possible ages 2-5 EUA approval by fall). But then the FDA requested more information and we're delayed.

The main question for the yoots is dosage. It's the same vaccine, but in other vaccines given to adults and children, the kids typically get much smaller doses. And now with the potential for heart inflammation (though that potential is a pale shadow of what actual COVID does), they're trying to get it right. But to me it seems like we're letting the perfect be the enemy of the good and needlessly delaying things.
              The problem is, they can't **** this up. They get once chance. If this thing goes off and somehow injures a bunch of kids, especially if state and local govs are going to mandate it, it better be right.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Fair point.

I had declared Jubillee and forgiven all crimes but it's time to start putting the derps back on Ignore one by one.
                One thing we know, they have not changed message- COVID is still the same mild illness as the flu is. The tiny problem that well over an order of magnitude people have died, let alone the billions spent in full hospitals is of no consequence.

At least we know facts don't get in the way.

Comment

Nobody who mattered ever squealed "I matter!"
                  40% of all positive “cases” asymptomatic.

For healthy people or even remotely healthy it is a cold or nothing at all.

Half of all deaths 6+ comorbities. 1/4 over 10 comorbities.

Average age of Covid death older than average life expectancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The problem is, they can't **** this up. They get once chance. If this thing goes off and somehow injures a bunch of kids, especially if state and local govs are going to mandate it, it better be right.
                    Treating innocent children who are healthy, showing no clinical signs of illness, as if they're always infectious, All the time, is both scientifically incorrect and morally repugnant.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I think Jeb meant he could run a train all day. It's a skill he learned from his mom.
                      I hate myself for laughing every time you do this. I really thought I had matured past the fourth grade but, turns out...
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The FDA added to the existing EUA that those "high risk" folks should get a booster very soon. Then, yesterday, leaked rumors popped up everywhere that Biden would formally recommend, sometime later this week, that all eligible people get a booster 8-12 months after being fully vaccinated. I'm responding to this rumor.
                        To be fair they are just following the recommendations of the pharmaceutical companies’ marketing departments.
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 08-17-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Kid testing must go on with all drugs though, right? So hopefully we have a pretty good idea of how to do it without turning into Mengele.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

One thing we know, they have not changed message- COVID is still the same mild illness as the flu is. The tiny problem that well over an order of magnitude people have died, let alone the billions spent in full hospitals is of no consequence.

At least we know facts don't get in the way.
                            The obstinate refusal to adapt to facts as they develop (either ignore them and cling to what you originally thought) or simply dismiss all of them as flip flopping is a hallmark of a closed mind.

I'm sorry Jeb and others don't have the cognitive capability to learn new facts and adapt, but here we are.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I hate myself for laughing every time you do this. I really thought I had matured past the fourth grade but, turns out...
                                I'm glad I laugh...proves I'm still alive!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X