Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company just sent an email suspending in the office requirement. Only allowed to enter buildings if you have submitted proof of vaccination. Any staff who travel as part of their job must be vaccinated by October 15. Looks like initial steps are being taken to require vaccination for all staff but another message will be sent out about vaccination policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Company just sent an email suspending in the office requirement. Only allowed to enter buildings if you have submitted proof of vaccination. Any staff who travel as part of their job must be vaccinated by October 15. Looks like initial steps are being taken to require vaccination for all staff but another message will be sent out about vaccination policy.
      Do you feel your freedoms are being sucked from you and choked to death by the big hand of Dem ANTIFA Authoritarianism? ;^)

(I know you dont)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

I may have missed it but how similar are those numbers to the people getting killed by zombie meth addicts?

I mean, it seems like those odds are a bit lower and you're all for protecting one's self with a weapon. But then when it comes to the vaccine...?
        Since you asked ...

Good news: Fewer "cooks" looking for cook houses and materials lately.
        Bad news: Because the Mexican cartels have found they can make good money from meth.
        Net: Still meth-heads running around the countryside looking for money wherever they can acquire it.
        https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ural-meth-labs

As far as vaccine, have I said "don't take it"? I have not. You do you. Consult your doctor, get true and accurate information, and make the best decision for you. Me? From the start I said I'll let everyone jump in line ahead of me and accept that risk. My doctor concurs given my history and genetics and recent research*. (I never buy the first model year of a redesigned car either.)

*Some way-primary initial research, some reviewed, some not, is saying a certain genetic condition actually causes the body to not kick off a cytokine storm when faced with Covid-19. Given the gene in question, this (lack of) reaction is most surprising to the researchers. I have one copy of that gene. (Hint: You don't want it.)
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah I have to agree.

real issue is voices on Twitter sharing these studies who can’t couch the parameters of story to explain why the headlines have nineteen asterisks behind it
          100% agree.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I disagree because I don't trust people to understand. We aren't the only ones reading this thread.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I disagree because I don't trust people to understand. We aren't the only ones reading this thread.
              But we've also got commenters who have brains and have no issue calling out the flaws in these studies we find.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://twitter.com/LemieuxLGM/statu...29911394316291

Cruz and Cramer arent hiding they want people to die and they dont care.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

But we've also got commenters who have brains and have no issue calling out the flaws in these studies we find.
                  I just think you are asking for trouble, but it isnt my board so whatever.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Fair enough
                    Code:

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/statu...45650767659010

“...Within the next five to seven to 10 days, I think we’re going to see failure of the hospital system in Mississippi,” - Dr. Alan Jones, UMMC Associate Vice Chancellor for Clinical Affairs
                      They are literally building field hospitals in dirty parking ramps just to have more beds.

And just in case you are wondering...Faux is covering this wall to wall! Or they would be but they are discussing Hunter Biden's laptop and no I aint kidding.

BTW the GOP Governor of MS...left town for a GOP Governors event.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 08-12-2021, 01:49 AM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I periodically check Covid updates here and FL had been tracking very poorly for both cases and deaths the past few weeks. Just yesterday the 7-day moving average for deaths was 110. Suddenly FL has magically reduced that by half even though daily cases were not adjusted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Again, not by design or intent.

Numbers ... (just trying to wrap my head around the situation) ...

India: 4M dead; 1,366M population --> 0.3%
                          US: 600k dead; 330M population --> 0.2%

I had expected a much higher fraction in India due to nutrition, population density, access to health care, and general hygiene. I suspect India's deaths number is wrong (low).
                          Some simple math- lets put the death rate from India into the US

0.3% deaths of 330M would be over 900,000 deaths.

So the actions the US has taken has save 300,000 people's lives. Seems like a good thing we've saved that many people with actions.

Bearing in mind that the India data may be very flawed by the lack of healthcare throughout the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Some simple math- lets put the death rate from India into the US

0.3% deaths of 330M would be over 900,000 deaths.

So the actions the US has taken has save 300,000 people's lives. Seems like a good thing we've saved that many people with actions.

Bearing in mind that the India data may be very flawed by the lack of healthcare throughout the country.
                            If you look at what IHME calculated for excess mortality vs reported COVID deaths the US was about 60% higher than what was reported, India was 200% higher than reported. So it's likely closer to ~1M in the US and ~12M in India.

Comment

• It's not just deaths that are of concern although obviously that is #1. But Long Covid is a serious concern even for those without pre-existing conditions. As wealthy as this country is there are plenty of people with s**t for health care and long term hospital stays could be financially crushing, and there are other downstream impacts. Never mind we should be doing all we can to reduce the development of variants. The lack of fortitude, foresight and seeing the big picture by the orcs is never short of amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I periodically check Covid updates here and FL had been tracking very poorly for both cases and deaths the past few weeks. Just yesterday the 7-day moving average for deaths was 110. Suddenly FL has magically reduced that by half even though daily cases were not adjusted.
                                Florida DoH reported why the descrepancy.
                                https://twitter.com/HealthyFla/statu...18312748822547
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X