Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Again, not by design or intent.

Numbers ... (just trying to wrap my head around the situation) ...

India: 4M dead; 1,366M population --> 0.3%
    US: 600k dead; 330M population --> 0.2%

I had expected a much higher fraction in India due to nutrition, population density, access to health care, and general hygiene. I suspect India's deaths number is wrong (low).
    Wait, if you intentionally do nothing, that is death by intent.

And it also shows that death does not follow population density, or healthcare (saturation is a *****), and hygiene.

Comment

Quit pretending to mind read.
      You want to do nothing, right? Just let it play out. That's what you advocate.

When you do that, people WILL die. More than should of a preventable virus.

Play with words all you want, but the policy of doing nothing will needlessly kill people.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/stat...49187693535232

Anti-Maskers acting totally normal.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• India’s vaccination rate was much lower when they got hit with delta.

we had millions of doses wasted. We could have a much lower death rate if people got vaccinated , which was not an option most of India had.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You want to do nothing, right? Just let it play out. That's what you advocate.

When you do that, people WILL die. More than should of a preventable virus.

Play with words all you want, but the policy of doing nothing will needlessly kill people.
            We have no idea of what history will show was the right approach.

But we'll be able to compare Sweden and India approach to Australia and UK and US approach.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The India and Sweden model is an epic failure. The Confederacy is literally showing you that here.

Originally posted by Sicatoka's Article
              "India taught the world that herd immunity through natural infection is not an option one can afford," he said. "The price could be humongous. The learning from India—as a case study—was loud and clear to either vaccinate or face a similar dire consequence."
              edit: Plus immunity does last which is why India is buying vaccines.
              Last edited by Handyman; 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Southwest, American, and Delta* break from the United approach.
                https://thehill.com/policy/transport...d-over-vaccine

Additional articles: https://www.google.com/search?q=sout...hrome&ie=UTF-8

*there's a ton of variant one-liners waiting there.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                  Pretty much their entire policy is to take money, separate, and let people die of a preventable disease- especially if you have dark skin. I can use greedy racist, but Racist as a use for R is good enough.
                  I mean, nobody else on here will call you out for this but to say that leaders of red states are racist for not taking enough action in regard to COVID is beyond ridiculous. You are certifiably insane. They might be dumb for not taking enough action but a lot of dumb white people who won't get the vaccine have died as a result. Not everything is about race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The India and Sweden model is an epic failure. The Confederacy is literally showing you that here.
                    I thought Sweden was a little more sophisticated than just "let it rip through the population." I thought it was load balancing: allow cases up front so you don't have a spike on the back end, that way your infrastructure won't be overwhelmed.

Then Derpistan willfully misinterpreted it as somehow justifying their "die for the DOW" idiocy.

But I could be totally wrong.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought Sweden was a little more sophisticated than just "let it rip through the population." I thought it was load balancing: allow cases up front so you don't have a spike on the back end, that way your infrastructure won't be overwhelmed.

Then Derpistan willfully misinterpreted it as somehow justifying their "die for the DOW" idiocy.

But I could be totally wrong.
                      It doesn't matter the reason, it was a failure and was disavowed by the doctors who advocated for it.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought Sweden was a little more sophisticated than just "let it rip through the population."
                        Trusting memory (never good, but not searching now) I believe Sweden took a "protect the aged and vulnerable" tact, but was mainly laissez faire otherwise.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• According to the Dallas Morning News 90% of beds in the area are filled. Apparently Delta wants to mess with Texas...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Lamar Jackson of the Ravens tested positive a second time and STILL isn't sure he wants the vaccine. If he was my QB I would cut his *** for being that stupid.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Lamar Jackson of the Ravens tested positive a second time and STILL isn't sure he wants the vaccine. If he was my QB I would cut his *** for being that stupid.
                              He may have decreased organ function with each bout but he’s gaining antibodies!

Comment

Quit pretending to mind read.
                                Quit pretending to have some special insight on things.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X