Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Yes, EUA is an emergency use authorization. Did I say otherwise? Knowing it's an "emergency" authorization, and you'd only give emergency authorization to an unapproved drug*, thus my parenthetical use of "(meaning: still experimental)". Should I have said "implying it's still experimental"? Either way, we have a drug still considered experimental given the need to apply emergency status to it.

Now that we have Merriam and Webster spinning in their graves, can someone help with the original question about experimental drugs, humans, and Nuremberg. Thanks.

*There's no need to give emergency status to something already approved.
    EUA neither means nor implies experimental therefore Nuremberg is irrelevant.

Comment

Yes, EUA is an emergency use authorization. Did I say otherwise? Knowing it's an "emergency" authorization, and you'd only give emergency authorization to an unapproved drug*, thus my parenthetical use of "(meaning: still experimental)". Should I have said "implying it's still experimental"? Either way, we have a drug still considered experimental given the need to apply emergency status to it.

Now that we have Merriam and Webster spinning in their graves, can someone help with the original question about experimental drugs, humans, and Nuremberg. Thanks.

The EUA IS an approval. You're welcome.

Comment

Have you ever gotten something approved by the FDA? A friend of mine has spent half his career dealing with FDA approvals of medical equipment.

There could be lots of reasons something does not get fully approved but is not experimental, and therefore due to circumstances requires an EUA. Simple paperwork delays can be the culprit all the way to more complicated reasons (the bureaucracy for an approval is immense, thanks to lawsuits and congressional hearings, not necessarily because they haven't finished the experimentation phase), but if the FDA feels comfortable these reasons do not stand in the way for a safe EUA declaration, they will go ahead and provide an EUA. And EUAs are time limited, to make sure the formal process is completed and not forgotten about. But it doesn't mean the particular item is still in an experimental phase.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

The EUA IS an approval. You're welcome.
          There's the simple answer I was unaware of. Thank you.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I need a legal mind here to help me reconcile:
            - the vaccines are still under an EUA (meaning: still experimental)
            - the first section of the Nuremberg Code addresses consent, and coercion, during human experimentation
            - Nuremberg is considered a keystone of American medical ethics, but is not codified in US law

How can an experimental drug ethically be forced or coerced upon someone in light of Nuremberg?
            **** off.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Again, **** off, you obsequious ****.

Comment

There's a lot of **** you're unaware of. Still doesn't stop you from being a ****stick.

Comment

Lol. You typed up that whole post, but didn't even bother to find out what EUA stands for?
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I think my eyes just rolled so hard they did a full 360.

Comment

• Wooooo deathsantis is threatening to yank salaries of school officials who defy his no masking order

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Wooooo deathsantis is threatening to yank salaries of school officials who defy his no masking order
                        Yeah, teachers' union's gonna be fine with that.

Good way to get a 100% walkout of every public employee in the state, and probably a bunch of other unions in solidarity.

END the right.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I need a legal mind here to help me reconcile:
                          - the vaccines are still under an EUA (meaning: still experimental)
                          - the first section of the Nuremberg Code addresses consent, and coercion, during human experimentation
                          - Nuremberg is considered a keystone of American medical ethics, but is not codified in US law

How can an experimental drug ethically be forced or coerced upon someone in light of Nuremberg?
                          You are a terrible person.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Good way to get a 100% walkout of every public employee in the state, and probably a bunch of other unions in solidarity.

END the right.
                            Unions are bad right? Maybe Eric devos and black water can step in

Comment

END the right.
                              Aint the teachers. It's the admin.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

END the right.
                                Righties are always complaining about alleged liberal indoctrination in public schools and wanting to do homeschooling because of it. This past year has been your chance to have the little darlings home with you all day until they're 18! Sound good?

*crickets*

No one? Oh. Too much responsibility, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X