Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I have done what's right. I got the vaccine. And again I have already stated a specific issue with children wearing masks so take your bull**** elsewhere.
    Your objections are noted and dismissed. I'm sorry you're frustrated - we all are - but that doesn't give license to shirk responsibilities just because you're over it.

Children where masks just fine. It's absolutely no different than adults wearing them.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Again, some of you just refuse to read what is actually written. No, not all children wear masks just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Your objections are noted and dismissed. I'm sorry you're frustrated - we all are - but that doesn't give license to shirk responsibilities just because you're over it.

Children where masks just fine. It's absolutely no different than adults wearing them.
        Many autistic children have serious issues with wearing a face mask.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ya, wearing a shirt and wearing a mask are entirely the same thing. Regardless of a mask mandate, I think some of you should just wear them for the rest of time.
          And you wonder why people lash out at you and may not take your arguments seriously...
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            No one who is saying "everyone should get vaccinated" and "everyone should be wearing masks" has every meant literally 100% everyone, to the extent they would ignore those who cannot do either for legitimate medical or special needs reasons. While both activities are helped by getting as close to 100% as possible, so every bit helps, both can still be very effective just short of 100%, so legitimate exceptions can of course be made. But the issue has never really been those legitimate exceptions; we would not be here talking about it if it was only that small fraction of a percent who held out from doing either. So we can drop that straw man.

And any sort of "people are just so darn tired of masks" excuse can be thrown off to. It doesn't matter what people are or are not tired of, it matters to what extent the virus and its variants are still spreading, how fast they are spreading, and if their spread is allowing for the development of further variants and overwhelming the available health care resources. If it is still doing all of those things, it doesn't matter how tired people are of masks, there is still a need for them (in combination with vaccinations and other measures). People have been saying they are tired of stuff from the first couple weeks of lockdown last year and looking for excuses to get out of it then, and frankly if they had not jumped the gun back then it all probably would have been under control much much sooner than it was.

Also, Jeb's mom has a dirty muff.
            And all of a sudden the people who haven't complied will start to do so now? That is part of my issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

And you wonder why people lash out at you and may not take your arguments seriously...
              People lash out because I am not in lockstep. It impacts their ability to read what is being said. Oh and **** off (just trying to fit in).

Comment

And all of a sudden the people who haven't complied will start to do so now? That is part of my issue.
                No, they probably won't. Doesn't mean you don't make it a rule and you don't try to enforce it as well as you can. People still speed, it doesn't mean we get rid of speed limits.

What would you propose otherwise? If it's more vaccination and proof of vaccination for more things like you have mentioned earlier, no argument here. But with states showing no inclination to do so, how do you propose to get that enacted?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The all-inclusive "you"

And yeah, its entitlement and self-absorption, because your kids have trouble wearing masks, and its a hassle for you to keep straightening them out.

Tough titties.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No, they probably won't. Doesn't mean you don't make it a rule and you don't try to enforce it as well as you can. People still speed, it doesn't mean we get rid of speed limits.

What would you propose otherwise? If it's more vaccination and proof of vaccination for more things like you have mentioned earlier, no argument here. But with states showing no inclination to do so, how do you propose to get that enacted?
                    If there was a finish line in sight I would feel differently. But when it's variant whack a mole, that leads to how I feel about the mask situation. I do not care if a stubborn anti vaxxer gets sick.

As for vaccination, I don't know how to enact it. I am just stating we should explore every way to push that. Maybe even give employers an incentive to require it. I don't a detailed plan other than we should be going for it.

Comment

• United Airlines to require all employees to be vaccinated no later than Oct. 25.

As much as I hate "big business", I feel that this is really the only way we can get through to the DERP....
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Many autistic children have serious issues with wearing a face mask.
                        And many adults can't medically handle vaccinations, which makes it all the more important that the rest of us do the right thing. Even if we really don't want to.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

If there was a finish line in sight I would feel differently. But when it's variant whack a mole, that leads to how I feel about the mask situation. I do not care if a stubborn anti vaxxer gets sick.
                          My point is, close to the finish line or not doesn't really matter. If it's still a problem, we need to be using all tools at our disposal. How annoyed we are or not at various variants pushing the finish line further than we originally hoped has no affect on the situation, and should not factor in to our decisions on which approaches we apply. And as much as we want to say let the anti-vaxxer-anti-maskers catch it and die, we still live in a world where they can let is fester and develop and spread to the rest of us, so we can't ignore them completely, as much as we would like to cast them aside and let what happens happen (and boy would we ever).

As for vaccination, I don't know how to enact it. I am just stating we should explore every way to push that. Maybe even give employers an incentive to require it. I don't a detailed plan other than we should be going for it.
                          I don't think anyone here (other than the micro***** troll) disagrees with you on that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            United Airlines to require all employees to be vaccinated no later than Oct. 25.

As much as I hate "big business", I feel that this is really the only way we can get through to the DERP....
                            Yes. More of this.

Comment

People lash out because I am not in lockstep. It impacts their ability to read what is being said. Oh and **** off (just trying to fit in).
                              Yeah...that's not it...but you do you...
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

it won't come from blanket state mandates, but employers are starting to mandate and I think more will come. Already we see pretty big names like Tyson Foods, United Airlines, Microsoft and others. More will follow soon i'm sure. As soon as there is full FDA approval, I would think it is safe to assume this will be on the list of required vaccines for attending public schools.

It will also happen by making life more inconvenient for those not vaccinated (see NYC and gyms, shows etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X