Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again with the disingenuous arguments.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    When you live on earth for 30+ years without wearing a mask
    I must have missed the part where we've had a highly contagious airborne virus that killed 600,000+ A year for the last 30 years.

and then are supposed to wear one at all times
    No one has said this.

no matter where you go
    or this

it's comical to dismiss people who have had enough and just shrug off wearing a mask as no big deal.
    it's not. I have asthma and have done just fine with masks in hot humid environments. My 70 year old parents have done just fine wearing them as well. And the vast majority of children I've seen. So I'm not sure how to take it when you claim it's such a burden. It IS comical.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Wear the ****ing mask. Get the vaccine. And quit your crying. You ain't nothing special.
      JD Is vaccinated.

And as much as I don't want to agree with JD, I think the point you are missing that Handy (I think), and I also are alluding to is that we are close to the point of telling people who haven't gotten jabbed yet is if they are to stupid to go out and get the vaccine, then we aren't wearing a mask or doing other things to protect you for much longer so at this point we don't care if you get covid.

(And yes I understand it isn't that simple and there are mutations and a tiny percentage of people for who it does not work or cannot receive it etc)

Comment

• Ya, wearing a shirt and wearing a mask are entirely the same thing. Regardless of a mask mandate, I think some of you should just wear them for the rest of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is that what that smell is?
          I said shirts, plural!!!!
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Always the sign of a strong argument....
            Oh that's not an argument. It's a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

JD Is vaccinated.

And as much as I don't want to agree with JD, I think the point you are missing that Handy (I think), and I also are alluding to is that we are close to the point of telling people who haven't gotten jabbed yet is if they are to stupid to go out and get the vaccine, then we aren't wearing a mask or doing other things to protect you for much longer so at this point we don't care if you get covid.

(And yes I understand it isn't that simple and there are mutations and a tiny percentage of people for who it does not work or cannot receive it etc)
              then JD should that argument. Not "I'm tired of change. I need my binky"

You're all absolutely correct that we should just mandate the vaccine as part of the social contract and move on. That's the argument. We all agree.
              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                then JD should that argument. Not "I'm tired of change. I need my binky"
                So once again if it comes from someone else it's a valid point. If this is your takeaway over what I have been saying you're simply not paying attention. Now please quote Handyman next.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I never said masks don't work. But just because you have no problem wearing one doesn't mean I have to agree. When you live on earth for 30+ years without wearing a mask and then are supposed to wear one at all times no matter where you go it's comical to dismiss people who have had enough and just shrug off wearing a mask as no big deal. If that's how you feel about it, more power to you. And I already talked about children who struggle to wear masks which has directly impacted me. I don't have to give you or anyone else more details about that.
                  You said there was a problem so that you could not wear one. And I asked what the problem was- not dismissing you.

You seem to be looking for a fight, for some reason. I'm wondering if whatever problem you have can be solved, but it seems that you have a bias against masks and don't want to tell why there's an issue.

Again, seeing people wear one without problems, including athletes in a game, I honestly wonder what the issue you are having.

You have said that children struggle- in what way? Apparently in a way that you clearly don't want to try to solve it. Awesome.

Back down, dude- people are trying to help. No reason to be that way.

Comment

• The message I'm hearing is basically...

"wahhh I don't like masks so wahhh"

Grow up and do what's right.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      And the vast majority of children I've seen. So I'm not sure how to take it when you claim it's such a burden. It IS comical.
                      Well hey, let's just go off of what you've seen then. There are also kids with this pesky thing called special needs. But as long as your experience has been kids can wear masks with no problem that's cool. Who am I to have a different take.

Comment

So once again if it comes from someone else it's a valid point. If this is your takeaway over what I have been saying you're simply not paying attention. Now please quote Handyman next.
                        And that's a better conclusion than calling people that are trying to have a discussion a cult. Got it.

Clearly you have your anti-mask position and have no interest in dealing with it other than not wearing one. And anyone who wants to help is part of a cult.

Good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          The message I'm hearing is basically...

"wahhh I don't like masks so wahhh"

Grow up and do what's right.
                          I have done what's right. I got the vaccine. And again I have already stated a specific issue with children wearing masks so take your bull**** elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And that's a better conclusion than calling people that are trying to have a discussion a cult. Got it.

Clearly you have your anti-mask position and have no interest in dealing with it other than not wearing one. And anyone who wants to help is part of a cult.

Good luck with that.
                            I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. There is no discussion. If you slightly disagree on something about this just look at some of the responses. Rufus for one. I also never said I haven't or won't wear a mask. But again, some of you struggle with what is being said if it's not exactly what you want to hear.

Comment

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. There is no discussion. If you slightly disagree on something about this just look at some of the responses. Rufus for one. I also never said I haven't or won't wear a mask. But again, some of you struggle with what is being said if it's not exactly what you want to hear.
                              If you say so. For me, I've not read anything useful, other than you have issues with masks. And I just asked what that was given other people you see wearing them- you dismiss that as much as you think people are dismissing you.

Keep on the fight, I guess.. Certainly worth the effort.

Comment

• No one who is saying "everyone should get vaccinated" and "everyone should be wearing masks" has every meant literally 100% everyone, to the extent they would ignore those who cannot do either for legitimate medical or special needs reasons. While both activities are helped by getting as close to 100% as possible, so every bit helps, both can still be very effective just short of 100%, so legitimate exceptions can of course be made. But the issue has never really been those legitimate exceptions; we would not be here talking about it if it was only that small fraction of a percent who held out from doing either. So we can drop that straw man.

And any sort of "people are just so darn tired of masks" excuse can be thrown off to. It doesn't matter what people are or are not tired of, it matters to what extent the virus and its variants are still spreading, how fast they are spreading, and if their spread is allowing for the development of further variants and overwhelming the available health care resources. If it is still doing all of those things, it doesn't matter how tired people are of masks, there is still a need for them (in combination with vaccinations and other measures). People have been saying they are tired of stuff from the first couple weeks of lockdown last year and looking for excuses to get out of it then, and frankly if they had not jumped the gun back then it all probably would have been under control much much sooner than it was.

Also, Jeb's mom has a dirty muff.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X