Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Nobody ever said that. We said don't relax standards and there will be less damage as we get through it.
    Get through what? Be more specific. And don't just say "there's a pandemic!!!". It's been a year and a half. So get through Delta? We can try and hope people will wake up and get the vaccine but in the end it's like a dog chasing its tail. The decision needs to be taken out of their hands. Not asking vaccinated people to continue to wear masks. It's time to ramp up vaccine enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Get through what? Be more specific. And don't just say "there's a pandemic!!!". It's been a year and a half. So get through Delta? We can try and hope people will wake up and get the vaccine but in the end it's like a dog chasing its tail. The decision needs to be taken out of their hands. Not asking vaccinated people to continue to wear masks. It's time to ramp up vaccine enforcement.
      Given that the last major pandemic throughout the world lasted as long as it did, it's interesting that so many think that a year and a half is enough, and we should just get on with things.

If not for the other people who suffer, just let them get it, many will suffer a lot, some will die. Just that so many other people suffer as a fault of people dismissing this is the hard part.

On a side note, another irony of these morons is that they want to have final say over their bodies, but want to force their will onto other's (in multiple ways) bodies.

Comment

Get from this interval in which there is an unusually large number of cases, and in which a non-trivial portion of the population refuses basic medical treatment because they are ****tards, to the stable post-pandemic situation in which cases occur but they are manageable, and the babies have found something else to poop their pants over and just get the shot because duh basic intelligence.

In other words: "there's a pandemic!!!" and it is being exacerbated by the unfortunately not dead conservatives still among us. I'm not sure why that does not impress you.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't want to agree with J.D. but I do at this point. We have spent a year and a half crossing our fingers hoping people would do the right thing and a large enough portion have refused the entire time. They wouldn't wear masks, they wouldn't close their businesses, they wouldn't close their states, they wouldn't stop seeing people, they wouldn't get vaccines...etc. Meanwhile those of us trying to protect everyone including them have to sacrifice. This is getting ridiculous.

We can't just keep doing it this way, it is failing miserably. We are letting the Red States basically turn this virus into a superbug. And while they may be the ones dying that isn't going to keep being the case if we don't do something rather drastic. Liberty doesn't matter if you aren't able to actually use it.

We are fast getting to the point where if we don't start requiring vaccines then we are no better than they are.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I don't want to agree with J.D. but I do at this point. We have spent a year and a half crossing our fingers hoping people would do the right thing and a large enough portion have refused the entire time. They wouldn't wear masks, they wouldn't close their businesses, they wouldn't close their states, they wouldn't stop seeing people, they wouldn't get vaccines...etc. Meanwhile those of us trying to protect everyone including them have to sacrifice. This is getting ridiculous.

We can't just keep doing it this way, it is failing miserably. We are letting the Red States basically turn this virus into a superbug. And while they may be the ones dying that isn't going to keep being the case if we don't do something rather drastic. Liberty doesn't matter if you aren't able to actually use it.

We are fast getting to the point where if we don't start requiring vaccines then we are no better than they are.
            Just require vaccines to act like a human- that's legal. Just need good proof that you have one.

Want to work- vaccine, want to eat at this place- vaccine, want to go to this resort- vaccine, want to go to concerts- vaccines. Done. This is a choice, not a status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I don't want to agree with J.D. but I do at this point. We have spent a year and a half crossing our fingers hoping people would do the right thing and a large enough portion have refused the entire time. They wouldn't wear masks, they wouldn't close their businesses, they wouldn't close their states, they wouldn't stop seeing people, they wouldn't get vaccines...etc. Meanwhile those of us trying to protect everyone including them have to sacrifice. This is getting ridiculous.

I am sure since this came from you it will now be received better than when it came from me. At least it appears that's how things work on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Get from this interval in which there is an unusually large number of cases, and in which a non-trivial portion of the population refuses basic medical treatment because they are ****tards, to the stable post-pandemic situation in which cases occur but they are manageable, and the babies have found something else to poop their pants over and just get the shot because duh basic intelligence.

In other words: "there's a pandemic!!!" and it is being exacerbated by the unfortunately not dead conservatives still among us. I'm not sure why that does not impress you.
                We are never going to get there though is kind of the point. At this rate we are going to be in this Pandemic until they all die out and that will be too late.

This crap is like Congress. The GOP does everything wrong and abuses their power. They never negotiate and act like children. The Dems are expected to always do the right thing and negotiate and be the adults in the room. Well sooner or later the adults need to put their ****ing foot down and make the tough decisions.

Until we shut down the petri dish we will never be "post pandemic". I mean we haven't even gotten to the top of the curve of Delta yet and Lambda is already coming. (and I saw reference to Epsilon as well I believe) There is no light at the end of the tunnel because our country refuses to do the right thing. Well, time for the adults to make the hard decisions for the whiny children.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

These are all bad arguments.

"It's been a year and a half."
                  There is no set time frame. We're currently at 50% of pandemic highs for cases and it's still increasing. You don't schedule pandemics and move on to your next one like a Zoom call. We've only had the vaccine available to everyone for five months, it's under an EUA, and we're starting to see mandates come out. That's the end game here.

So get through Delta?
                  That's the next step, yes. And if we don't handle it, it's possible variant Mu has a lethality 10x Delta. SARS and MERS didn't just materialize from nothing. It's precisely what we're trying to avoid. Every time we have one of these waves (really, every infection), we're rolling the dice and hoping it doesn't mutate to something we're really, really not going to like.
                  =

Not asking vaccinated people to continue to wear masks.
                  No. You do what you need to protect society. If the science says, "Wear a mask" you should wear a mask. That twitter thread I posted earlier tells us why. Because even if you're vaccinated, you might not have a quick enough immune response to completely avoid illness. And since the data indicates that vaccinated people can spread the disease, it's possible you could spread it to someone who can't get a vaccine yet, or has gotten a vaccine and it doesn't provide the protection they need for whatever reason.

It's a ****ing mask, stop acting like it's any kind of burden. You manage to tie your shoes and wear a shirt without screaming into the ether (well, to be fair, I guess I don't know that).

If you don't like it, you can fly to England and scream at John Locke's grave.

The decision needs to be taken out of their hands...
                  It's time to ramp up vaccine enforcement.
                  Yes. Good post.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Now please quote and respond to Handymam

Comment

• Lol though. To try and say wearing a mask is not any kind of burden...just a ridiculous statement. Not to mention there are children who struggle to wear masks and therefore can't participate in normal everyday activities. I have personal experience with that and I'm done with it.

Comment

I am sure since this came from you it will now be received better than when it came from me. At least it appears that's how things work on here.
                        No likely ;^)

Though I will say I sometimes have to read your posts a couple times to get your point. Sometimes it reads like a Trumper screed because that is what they were saying originally. It is weird that many of my Dem friends (and even me) are saying that now because they truly are done sacrificing for the good of people who thumb their nose at the rules. We followed the rules, they ****ing whined and didn't and now we are watching half the country burn again.

I am done coddling the ****s who do nothing but take. The Red States are literally destroying this country inch by inch and sadly Delta isn't fixing that problem fast enough. Time to cut them off. Every state with a Governor who refuses to do what must be done (like say Florida) either by enforcing mask mandates where needed or ramping up vaccine info and getting people to take it gets no federal money. Zilch. I don't care if a hurricane and a tornado along with all 10 plagues happen...you get nothing. They hate the Fed anyways, well time to pay the piper mother ****ers. You want liberty, you can ****ing pay for it.

Oh and hospitals should be allowed to turn away patients who refuse vaccines for any reason other than a doctors recommendation. If religion says you cant have it then God wants you to die so suck it up and deal.

edit: Obviously none of that will happen.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 08-06-2021, 09:46 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Lol though. To try and say wearing a mask is not any kind of burden...just a ridiculous statement. Not to mention there are children who struggle to wear masks and therefore can't participate in normal everyday activities. I have personal experience with that and I'm done with it.
                          I don't like having to wear a mask, but to say it is a burden is definitely an exaggeration.

I also understand that younger kids are not always able / don't have the wherewithal to use them properly, but a mask is not really a barrier to most everyday activities.

Edit: I also agree that I am closer to yours and Handy's opinion on letting the stupid ones who are unvaccinated suffer.

Comment

• I will say though, I dont find mask wearing any sort of issue. I support mask mandates for indoors and for school. The problem is half the country doesnt so it is rather pointless in the end.

Sturgis is going to offset all the good we do. So will the Minnesota State Fair no matter what BS provisions they put in place.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Why is wearing a mask such a burden for anyone not doing hot, sweaty manual labor?

I don't like them either but if you think wearing a mask into the grocery store is a burden then you've had a pretty easy life (and good for you! No shade thrown here).
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• You guys think I am a Trumper because I am not in lockstep with the USCHO cult. But no. I want employers requiring the vaccine. Hell I wouldn't care if the government went door to door and jabbed people at this point. Proof of vaccination to get into an establishment? I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                                X