Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Yeah, nothing about the ADA prevents Acme, Inc. from requiring vaccinations as a condition of employment if they believe going unvaccinated will harm the employee, other employees, or customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Governments != private businesses
      Of course. Just pointing out the absurdity of a governor using his legal authority/leverage to force ANY entity (public or private) to become a public health hazard.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Just like that, three cases at the plant.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Flo(R)ida has almost 12k people hospitalized with COVID apparently. We really do owe Ron DeSantis an apology...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I had no idea you were in the Philippines. Tell us all about, please. I want to know more.
            Jeezuz you really do treat at us as flyover people. I've been here 7 years and this is the first time you've picked upon this? ; ^ P

Moved here with the family in 2014 for a great job opportunity as well as to be closer to Thailand and my wife's family. We live in a province of about 2.4m people, my city is Angeles about 2 hours north of Manila and next to the former Clark military base. My eldest boy just graduated from HS and is moving back to MN for college, when his brother graduates in May. We're still deciding if at that time will we stay here, move back to MN, move to Thailand or possibly Panama, Costa Rica or England.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/st...73958919041026

According to @swin24, people around Trump have raised the idea of him using his platform to urge diehard fans to get the vaccine, but “he doesn’t want to do it, he doesn’t want to do Joe Biden any favors, and he doesn’t think his fans really want it.”
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Killing your followers to own the libs. Great idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yeah, nothing about the ADA prevents Acme, Inc. from requiring vaccinations as a condition of employment if they believe going unvaccinated will harm the employee, other employees, or customers.
                  Well, I don't think that's technically true either, if there is a medical reason for no vaccination, or a legitimately held religious belief.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Since when do companies need a reason to lay off or fire someone?
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Since when do companies need a reason to lay off or fire someone?
                      For an at-will employee, you don't. On the other hand, if you impose a rule that you have to get vaccinated, an employee tells you they can't because of a medical reason, and they are then immediately fired, good luck with that at-will defense.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Did someone here mention that NYC is going to require all establishments require proof of vaccination or negative test?

That might work.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Did someone here mention that NYC is going to require all establishments require proof of vaccination or negative test?

That might work.
                          I don't really think it will be effective....

I mean, my VAX Card is partially hand written and the dosage info is random letters/numbers to an untrained eye. I doubt a bartender or host is going to be able to tell a forgery. DERPs already don't give a ****. Spending 20 seconds on the computer and printing one out will be nothing for them.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Also, thanks to Aparch, I now have a term for the unvaxxed: "Spreadnecks"....

That term just jumped into heavy use, ha ha ha....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

For an at-will employee, you don't. On the other hand, if you impose a rule that you have to get vaccinated, an employee tells you they can't because of a medical reason, and they are then immediately fired, good luck with that at-will defense.
                              I think we both can figure out ways around that.

And you can always make exceptions but unless it is documented get bent. The Karens tried that crap with masks. If you can prove you have to not get vaxxed fine...if you can't well...bye!

And no religious exemption that is bunk.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, I don't think that's technically true either, if there is a medical reason for no vaccination, or a legitimately held religious belief.
                                /rolleyes/

Acme can have a general policy of requiring vaccinations, and the 30% of the country that isn't vaccinated because they're morons can't claim an ADA violation when they're fired for not getting one.

For those small percentage of people who medically or religiously can't, Acme only has to provide a reasonable accommodation, which means guess what, requiring them to wear masks and be regularly tested instead. And they can fire them if they refuse that accommodation to avoid vaccinations.

Also, the employee needs to trigger the interactive process by mentioning their need for an accommodation prior to any disciplinary action being taken. If they never let Acme know vaccination is an issue until after the fact, then too bad for them.
                                Last edited by unofan; 08-03-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X