Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I don’t think anyone disagrees with osterholm.
    I'm just stunned by Osterholm's stark honestly:

- Calling for humility.

- Saying, “We’ve ascribed far too much human authority over the virus.”

- Saying, “We’re not in nearly as much control as we think are."

Dare I say, refreshing.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Honestly I am sick of the option to decline to answer. **** that. It should be "Yes" and "No" with a spot to explain why and input exemption. Stop coddling this ignorant jerkoffs.
      I don't think you want to push that position. There is a good reason for laws that limit an employer's right to demand answers to your medical situation.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't think you want to push that position. There is a good reason for laws that limit an employer's right to demand answers to your medical situation.
        Yes and no. We have to have medical testing for some of the functions we perform. They include fit testing for respirators. If you don't agree to submit that information, you don't get fit tested, and you can't perform that task. If that task is required for your job, well...
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The capital region here is under a fairly strict quarantine at the moment and a modified one is coming to my province on the 6th. For my location:

Starting on Friday night, non-Pampanga residents are prevented from entering Pampanga unless they present negative results of RT-PCR or antigen tests done 48 hours before they enter Pampanga.

Local officials are expecting an influx of non-residents as the National Capital Region (NCR) has been declared under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) beginning Aug. 6.

The EO reactivated barangay checkpoints and border controls under the supervision of the Philippine National Police, and banned residents from going from one village to another.

A curfew has been imposed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., with the governor exempting workers and business people.

People aged 18-60 years old are allowed to go out of their homes. Senior citizens and minors should stay home.

The governor also imposed a liquor ban that stops the selling and buying of alcoholic drinks.

Holding social gatherings in resorts, function halls and covered courts require written permits from mayors/IATF chairs and is limited to 30 percent of the venue capacity.

Residential gatherings are limited only to family members of the same households. Guests in swimming pools in resorts and hotels are required to take RT-PCR or antigen tests.
          No end date has as of yet been noted.

Comment

• New York City will soon require vaccinations for workers and customers for indoor dining, indoor fitness facilities and indoor entertainment facilities, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday.
            BUT MA FREEDUMBS!!!! a
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              The capital region here is under a fairly strict quarantine at the moment and a modified one is coming to my province on the 6th. For my location:

No end date has as of yet been noted.
              I had no idea you were in the Philippines. Tell us all about, please. I want to know more.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Tyson Foods, the largest meat producer in the US now requiring vaccines for all employees.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Tyson Foods, the largest meat producer in the US now requiring vaccines for all employees.
                  Given their track record with worker safety (it's non-existent if not actively hostile) that's really telling.

We won't even need laws. Eventually all companies will just take care of it. If you want a job you get vaccinated.

We need:

WalMart, Amazon, and the DOD.
                  Cornell University

Comment

There are also many jobs that require you to pass a physical fitness requirement, or drug tests, in order to work it.

I see this as being no different.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Here is the thing, if the people who are against the vaccine were willing to do the right thing besides that we could all probably live with it. If they stay home as much as possible, mask up all the time and sanitize they aren't the high end threat to everyone.
                      Spot on. At this point, getting the vaccine should be considered part of the baseline social contract - like driving on the right or stopping at red lights. Imagine if 35% of people insisted that those rules infringed on their freedoms? If you don't want to get the vaccine - fine, but you are no longer entitled to participate in society. Isolate yourself and have a ball in your 800 sq ft apartment. See you when you get the vaccine.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The law limits their ability to discriminate based on disability. It doesn't require them to be public health hazards, nor does it prevent reasonable inquiries into general health. HIPAA is not nearly as far reaching as most Holiday-Inn Express legal scholars think it is.
                        Last edited by unofan; 08-03-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The law limits their ability to discriminate based on disability. It doesn't require them to be public health hazards.
                          ....except in Florida: Florida district drops mask mandate after DeSantis threatens funding cut (msn.com)

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The law limits their ability to discriminate based on disability. It doesn't require them to be public health hazards, nor does it prevent reasonable inquiries into general health. HIPAA is not nearly as far reaching as most Holiday-Inn Express legal scholars think it is.
                            Wasn't referring to HIPAA.

https://www.eeoc.gov/pre-employment-...s-examinations

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Governments != private businesses

Comment

Actually I do. Well, maybe not. **** the "exemption" line it is yes or no. The exceptions no longer matter. If they click no...well...

Private business can choose to not hire the unvaxxed or no longer employ them. They are not a protected class.

As unofan said, businesses are not barred from reasonable health inquiries. In the middle of a public health crisis that is killing hundreds of thousands checking if they got a free vaccine that is readily available on demand that helps prevent spread said disease is more than reasonable unless you live in Flo(R)ida.

Put it this way...lets say you were going to a restaurant tonight and it comes down to 2 choices.

A) company requires proof of vaccine for employment
                                B) recommends the vaccine but does not require it

All things being equal where you going to eat?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X