Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Osterholm isn't saying anything that contradicts what anyone else is saying. We aren't saying if the Red States hit 70% this is over or that masks fix everything...we are saying the odds are in your favor SIGNIFICANTLY if you get the vaccine and take precautions.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/EricTopol/status...931724810?s=19

Interesting graphs. If you follow the comments other states are shown as well.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Not getting the vaccine is not limited to just Republicans.
        It might not be limited but it's the lion's share. The vast majority of those speaking out publicly against vaccines are conservative, the states that lag the most behind as a % of vaccinated are red states (AR, FL, LA, MO and NV) and then there is this: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...ont-want-shots

Democrats are far more likely than Republicans to say they’re at least somewhat concerned about someone close to them being infected, 70% to 38%.

And overall, Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to say they have not been vaccinated and definitely or probably won’t be, 43% to 10%.

Comment

• Welp, back to masking at work.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• One of the hypotheses about the sudden so-far unexplained reasons for outbreaks to grow, explode and fizzle is based on known functioning of literally any virus. It infects as long as there are targets (people without any immunity) and opportunity (areas with little to know restrictions). We can fairly obviously measure the opportunity, so the other variable is level of infection/immunity (aka seroprevalence). The CDC has varied its projections on "missed" infections, with estimates ranging from 2-3 to 5+.

We've taken for granted that we're missing a substantial amount of infections due to the high level of asymptomatic spread. The assumption/hope/working theory is that between known infections, vaccinations and unknown infections (all of which grant at least some level of immunity), we're reaching that critical mass where spread is just ... less possible.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Yeah Osterholm isn't saying anything that contradicts what anyone else is saying. We aren't saying if the Red States hit 70% this is over or that masks fix everything...we are saying the odds are in your favor SIGNIFICANTLY if you get the vaccine and take precautions.
              I have a good friend who I play golf with regularly, and is also the first person I know who received the vaccine (due to his work). However, is wife is a hardcore anti-vaxxer for the covid vaccine, so he has to publicly take some weird positions for purposes of peace at home. I told him this, last night, after golf. Think of it this way. You are handed two revolvers. One has 1000 chambers, with only one bullet. One has a million chambers with only one bullet. You have to choose one, pick it up, spin the wheel, put it to your head and pull the trigger. Which one do you choose?

I told him that I understand. There will be people who will pick the 1000 chamber revolver. Maybe they're not so good at math. Maybe they like the thrill of the danger. Maybe they've been lied to by someone they trust who has told them there really isn't a round in the 1000 chamber gun, or maybe there are a hundred thousand rounds in the million chamber gun. Maybe they just like to be a contrarian. However, in the end it really doesn't matter to me, because it simply proves Darwin was correct.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• But maybe next time don't marry an idiot.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Welp, back to masking at work.
                  Me, too. After our company was beginning to announce plans to return to work, they have now completely backtracked. Vaccination badges (which I have) no longer matter. Everyone now has to mask again, fill out the health survey, and go through a temperature screen.

I still work from home, but occasionally have to go in. Vaccinated or not, we're back to full mask protocols.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Me, too. After our company was beginning to announce plans to return to work, they have now completely backtracked. Vaccination badges (which I have) no longer matter. Everyone now has to mask again, fill out the health survey, and go through a temperature screen.

I still work from home, but occasionally have to go in. Vaccinated or not, we're back to full mask protocols.
                    I was going to just plus another to scooby- but we got the gamut of survey and temps back earlier this week, and 100% masks today. Looks like the nominal "return to work" is put on hold for a much longer time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I'm waiting for a similar announcement. One of the big projects I'm working on is our return to office programs and how we will be welcoming employees back (new signage, giveaways, etc.) and I have a feeling it will be all for nothing as they push back till maybe late October. I think they should just say January 2022 and we can work from there.

Comment

• My company just required us to report vaccination status. You could answer "Decline to answer" which I'm sure is being treated as "No".

I'm also hearing that several of our facilities are back to 100% masking. No one at the plant I'm at now, except for me, is wearing a mask. Seems crazy.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I have a good friend who I play golf with regularly, and is also the first person I know who received the vaccine (due to his work). However, is wife is a hardcore anti-vaxxer for the covid vaccine, so he has to publicly take some weird positions for purposes of peace at home. I told him this, last night, after golf. Think of it this way. You are handed two revolvers. One has 1000 chambers, with only one bullet. One has a million chambers with only one bullet. You have to choose one, pick it up, spin the wheel, put it to your head and pull the trigger. Which one do you choose?

I told him that I understand. There will be people who will pick the 1000 chamber revolver. Maybe they're not so good at math. Maybe they like the thrill of the danger. Maybe they've been lied to by someone they trust who has told them there really isn't a round in the 1000 chamber gun, or maybe there are a hundred thousand rounds in the million chamber gun. Maybe they just like to be a contrarian. However, in the end it really doesn't matter to me, because it simply proves Darwin was correct.
                          I can honestly say I don't think I could live with an Anti-Vaxxer. That man probably has a lot of pent up aggression.

Here is the thing, if the people who are against the vaccine were willing to do the right thing besides that we could all probably live with it. If they stay home as much as possible, mask up all the time and sanitize they aren't the high end threat to everyone. (yes they are still problematic but at least they are mitigating) The problem is they don't do that either so they are basically walking petri dishes...

I like the explanation you used.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            One of the big projects I'm working on is our return to office programs and how we will be welcoming employees back (new signage, giveaways, etc.)

Money.

These initiatives always make me chuckle. Don't make an Office Space sign or give geegaws or any of these other patronizing and obviously cynical insults to employees.

They're there for money. So give them money. They aren't family, they're slaves. Give them just a little bit more towards their freedom.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              My company just required us to report vaccination status. You could answer "Decline to answer" which I'm sure is being treated as "No".

I'm also hearing that several of our facilities are back to 100% masking. No one at the plant I'm at now, except for me, is wearing a mask. Seems crazy.
                              Honestly I am sick of the option to decline to answer. **** that. It should be "Yes" and "No" with a spot to explain why and input exemption. Stop coddling this ignorant jerkoffs.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Honestly I am sick of the option to decline to answer. **** that. It should be "Yes" and "No" with a spot to explain why and input exemption. Stop coddling this ignorant jerkoffs.
                                BUT MA FREEDUMBS!!!

And like OP said, "Decline to answer" = "No," so it doesn't matter.

All these are ways of getting morons to self-ID, like bumper stickers. It helps the humans avoid the apes.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X