Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to love trying to find new "rounding the corner" gifs now it just seems sad :^(
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So I assume Obama's party would be full of vaccinated people that have also been recently tested, but it is still a bad look. At least Biden has come out and said he isn't going.

I assume he's pulling for a "See what you can do if everyone gets vaxxed?" message, but it will be missed by far too many people.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Is that the same Israel Study that some are saying was sloppily done? I honestly can't keep them straight anymore. (and I am obviously not a doctor I just follow some on twitter)

In other news the US passed the 70% getting first dose today. The problem of course is that the divide still exists between the Blue and Red States. Until the Red States get close to 70 we are gonna have issues.

How ****ing selfish is this country. There are countries that would beg, borrow and steal to get their hands on the amount of vaccine we have and we can't even bribe these ignorant ****s to get it.
        Not getting the vaccine is not limited to just Republicans. Minorities (typically democrats, no?) are coming in at much lower numbers as well.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

I am not sure what the solution is but I sure as hell know the messaging and scare tactics of "breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people is not going to lead to more unvaccinated people getting the vaccine. They will be thinking "see, you people got the vaccine and are still getting COVID!".

Comment

Is that the same Israel Study that some are saying was sloppily done?
          Not sure, but that one admittedly has a large margin of error because it was a small sample size over a short time period. But that's kind of the balance that has to be made to get any info out in a timely manner. You want good you have to wait, you want it now it isn't so good. Dunno which is better...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Not getting the vaccine is not limited to just Republicans. Minorities (typically democrats, no?) are coming in at much lower numbers as well.

I am not sure what the solution is but I sure as hell know the messaging and scare tactics of "breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people is not going to lead to more unvaccinated people getting the vaccine. They will be thinking "see, you people got the vaccine and are still getting COVID!".
            Very few. And, even fewer are getting hospitalized and dying for catching it.

Can't say the same for the unvaccinated.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• By Wednesday the world will pass 200M cases.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Very few. And, even fewer are getting hospitalized and dying for catching it.

Can't say the same for the unvaccinated.
                I know this.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Yeah well **** them too. Sorry but the "Tuskegee" argument is no longer valid White People are getting the vaccine and not being killed off.

And yes the scare tactics hurt more than help. They need to be put in context or no one will get the vaccine going forward.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Not sure, but that one admittedly has a large margin of error because it was a small sample size over a short time period. But that's kind of the balance that has to be made to get any info out in a timely manner. You want good you have to wait, you want it now it isn't so good. Dunno which is better...
                    The more data the better. Even if the study is found lacking later it is still better to do what is feasible given constraints and go from there.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

It's the same and needs to be taken with a substantial grain of salt, as literally no other study has shown results nearly that bad.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Lindsay g has the covfefe

https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGr...71969165201412

Comment

• Oh please tell me he met with the House GOP during their mask tirade...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/b...mysteries.html

Consider these Covid-19 mysteries:
                            • In India — where the Delta variant was first identified and caused a huge outbreak — cases have plunged over the past two months. A similar drop may now be underway in Britain. There is no clear explanation for these declines.
                            • In the U.S., cases started falling rapidly in early January. The decline began before vaccination was widespread and did not follow any evident changes in Americans’ Covid attitudes.
                            • In March and April, the Alpha variant helped cause a sharp rise in cases in the upper Midwest and Canada. That outbreak seemed poised to spread to the rest of North America — but did not.
                            • This spring, caseloads were not consistently higher in parts of the U.S. that had relaxed masking and social distancing measures (like Florida and Texas) than in regions that remained vigilant.
                            • Large parts of Africa and Asia still have not experienced outbreaks as big as those in Europe, North America and South America.

How do we solve these mysteries? Michael Osterholm, who runs an infectious disease research center at the University of Minnesota, suggests that people keep in mind one overriding idea: humility.

“We’ve ascribed far too much human authority over the virus,” he told me. ...

We are certainly not powerless in the face of Covid. We can reduce its risks, just as we can reduce the risks from driving, biking, swimming and many other everyday activities. But we cannot eliminate them. “We’re not in nearly as much control as we think are,” Osterholm said.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Oh please tell me he met with the House GOP during their mask tirade...
                              He did meet with senate at least, and mask less

Comment

• I don’t think anyone disagrees with osterholm. We aren’t claiming to eliminate just take some basic effing public health precautions.

like vaccines.

Comment

Working...
                                X