Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is rather high. So far I know of only one who has even shown symptoms which is my dad and he tested negative.

Of the six how many were asymptomatic?
      None so far. All at least have cold symptoms, most losing smell and taste with chills

Comment

• Latest data from Israel has dropped to Pfizer being 39% effective against breakthrough infections. Can't find the actual data but it's reported multiple places without linking the source data. Smaller data set than previous round that found it 64% effective. One other thing I've read on comparison between UK and Israel effectiveness is that Israel vaccinated like we did, 3 weeks to 2nd dose and UK was more like 12 weeks between doses because they prioritized getting more people 1st doses. That longer gap is believed to give greater protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The CDC isn't tracking breakthroughs unless they're hospitalized. That might explain the 0.007%. They stopped tracking in May.
          I am not sure that is true but the number is out there of all the breakthrough cases on record. Numbers were released of how many breakthrough cases have been found so far which is what started the bruhaha in the press. Well that is not entirely true, the Israel numbers were what started it even though I am pretty sure the Israel study has lots of issues. I think Nate Silver posted an article about it.

Either way the vaccine is as effective as advertised. Wasn't Pfizer like 95%? I think the most pessimistic number I saw (which was roundly criticized) had likely breakthroughs well below that and hospitalizations even lower. The only thing that is going to fix this now is for people to die or get vaccinated. Locking down won't fix the problem because half the country won't do it. We can't just shut down our lives and cross our fingers. We have to keep living we just need to use our brains to make ourselves safe. Mask, double mask, sanitize and avoid the Stupids when possible.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am not sure that is true but the number is out there of all the breakthrough cases on record.
            This is wrong. Direct from the CDC:
            As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause.
            The number out there being reported is ONLY breakthrough cases resulting in hospitalizations and deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Latest data from Israel has dropped to Pfizer being 39% effective against breakthrough infections. Can't find the actual data but it's reported multiple places without linking the source data. Smaller data set than previous round that found it 64% effective. One other thing I've read on comparison between UK and Israel effectiveness is that Israel vaccinated like we did, 3 weeks to 2nd dose and UK was more like 12 weeks between doses because they prioritized getting more people 1st doses. That longer gap is believed to give greater protection.
              I think it has more to do with time passed since "fully vaccinated"

Israel was very early in getting high vax rates. Months before UK. What the data seems to indicate in my dumb-a-ss interpretation, is that six to seven months is the vaccine life for Delta.

It seems far more likely that immune response is waning after six months given the virus hasn't changed a whole lot to nearly completely evade the vax. Which brings me to the next point

this is an extremely good thread:
              https://***********/boulware_dr/stat...602290689?s=20

Has a lot of good info about vaccines, immune system response, and why you should be wearing a mask, and why we might be having breakthroughs with Delta.

It's more to do with antibodies vs. memory cells. Read the thread. It's good.

Edit 2: Suffice it to say, boosters are coming faster than any of the experts have been saying. Especially for the mRNA vax recipients. I still think October.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-02-2021, 11:18 AM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think it has more to do with time passed since "fully vaccinated"
                Thanks I'll read the thread. I think the answer is probably all of the above. Here's the study that found a longer gap provided a stronger response (but also a weaker long term T cell response).

Comment

• Is that the same Israel Study that some are saying was sloppily done? I honestly can't keep them straight anymore. (and I am obviously not a doctor I just follow some on twitter)

In other news the US passed the 70% getting first dose today. The problem of course is that the divide still exists between the Blue and Red States. Until the Red States get close to 70 we are gonna have issues.

How ****ing selfish is this country. There are countries that would beg, borrow and steal to get their hands on the amount of vaccine we have and we can't even bribe these ignorant ****s to get it.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 08-02-2021, 12:29 PM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    None so far. All at least have cold symptoms, most losing smell and taste with chills
                    Interesting. I wish I knew more about this stuff cause every time I ask questions about it I end up feeling like an idiot.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is that the same Israel Study that some are saying was sloppily done? I honestly can't keep them straight anymore. (and I am obviously not a doctor I just follow some on twitter)

In other news the US passed the 70% getting first dose today. The problem of course is that the divide still exists between the Blue and Red States. Until the Red States get close to 70 we are gonna have issues.

How ****ing selfish is this country. There are countries that would beg, borrow and steal to get their hands on the amount of vaccine we have and we can't even bribe these ignorant ****s to get it.
                      USA Today headline said over 1m doses were tossed due to expiring.

Comment

"I'd get a third dose if I could"

https://***********/asteadwesley/sta...196275203?s=21
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Honestly Biden should just announce that we are sending them to other countries. What better way to **** off the morons and force their hand than by putting a clock on it. **** em.

Speaking of that...

https://***********/MikeDelMoro/stat...83974399524868

The Florida Hospital Association confirms Florida reported more COVID hospitalizations than at any point during the entire pandemic yesterday: 10,207. The previous record (10,179) was set on July 23, 2020.
                          Man Politico was right...Ron Desantis won the Pandemic.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What is the expectancy of how long boosters will help? If the Dump****istanians don't want shots lets booster this up and make America Blue! (the Red States will be a different type of blue but still!)
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-02-2021, 01:04 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              The only ones of those I would consider accurate are hospitalizations and deaths. Which is still a remarkably low number for both. Shows that it works well. I can't see myself getting tested unless I got sick- and I would go if I even got a cold, given how few people we interact with.

Comment

Speaking of that...

https://***********/MikeDelMoro/stat...83974399524868

Man Politico was right...Ron Desantis won the Pandemic.
                                Rounding the corner!

Comment

Working...
                                X