Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah there is no way the State Fair doesn't happen and there is no amount of measures that will make it safe. The only saving grace is most of Minnesota is vaccinated but a lot of the red parts of the state are gonna be in for a surprise come mid September between The Fair and school opening...

Sturgis is not shocking but what the **** is Chicago thinking letting Lollapalooza go on?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I absolutely hate it, but we're skipping the fair.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• What if we bribe all the Trump Humpers from Gazelkastan with free cheese curds and Sweet Martha's Cookies if they get the shot? Maybe throw in deep fried candy bars or something...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• BTW...while Delta is scary the numbers are still vastly in favor of the vaccinated. There is a lot of heavy breathing over this and in truth those of us with a brain are still protected. We can get sick and we can obviously spread but the way some are acting is way over the top considering the available info. What's worse is that overreaction and sometimes misrepresentation is being used by the Anti-vaxxers to push their agenda making things even worse.

The vaccine is still working.

edit: Being vaccinated does not mean you should still not take precautions obviously. Going to a concert and not masking up is just braindead stupidity.
          Last edited by Handyman; 07-31-2021, 01:43 PM.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            What if we bribe all the Trump Humpers from Gazelkastan with free cheese curds and Sweet Martha's Cookies if they get the shot? Maybe throw in deep fried candy bars or something...
            Maybe the fair can have ventilators on hand for those fat asses from gazelkastan

Comment

BTW...while Delta is scary the numbers are still vastly in favor of the vaccinated. There is a lot of heavy breathing over this and in truth those of us with a brain are still protected. We can get sick and we can obviously spread but the way some are acting is way over the top considering the available info. What's worse is that overreaction and sometimes misrepresentation is being used by the Anti-vaxxers to push their agenda making things even worse.

edit: Being vaccinated does not mean you should still not take precautions obviously. Going to a concert and not masking up is just braindead stupidity.
              We're not skipping the fair out of panic or anything, it is the unvaccinated toddler. When the data came out showing that vaccinated people can carry a pretty decent load of delta and spread it, that was all she wrote.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                I absolutely hate it, but we're skipping the fair.
                I think we are too. I just don't know how to do that safely given how insanely contagious delta is.

I also don't feel like we could go in good conscience either in case we somehow pick it up and spread it
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I’m going to need to have a hard talk with my wife. I think she loves the fair more than me. Scratch that, I think she loves it more than our daughter, and certainly more than me.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I had a snarky joke here, but this isn't funny.
                    Pretty sure I had the same thought you did, as I also held back some snark.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sturgis is not shocking but what the **** is Chicago thinking letting Lollapalooza go on?
                      Quick cash grab from the gullible before we go into lockdown again...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• In the US since week 8 2021 - since there hasn’t been any significant excess deaths...

Comment

BTW...while Delta is scary the numbers are still vastly in favor of the vaccinated. There is a lot of heavy breathing over this and in truth those of us with a brain are still protected. We can get sick and we can obviously spread but the way some are acting is way over the top considering the available info. What's worse is that overreaction and sometimes misrepresentation is being used by the Anti-vaxxers to push their agenda making things even worse.

Masks don’t control the spread of respiratory viruses. How do we know? 1. Widely studied and accepted prior to 2020. 2. Studies in favor of masking are shockingly weak. 3. Oceans of data from past 18 months - if masks worked we would see it. But we don’t.

Pre-covid, the fact that masks are not effective for controlling the spread of respiratory viruses had been well-studied for decades and the near-unanimous and completely uncontroversial conclusion was that they don't help.

Here is May a 2020 CDC meta study of RCTs that concludes there is no benefit of face masks for controlling influenza:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Here is a more comprehensive list of studies of mask effectiveness, much but not all of it from the pre-covid period.

https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

On to the second main point - the studies that mask advocates put forward to show that masks do work are just incredibly weak.

Then there were the two hairdressers in Missouri who failed to infect their clients. Couldn't possibly be any other reason for that besides the masks, right!? Seriously, this is one of the most cited pieces of "research" in favor of masks.
                          https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

Finally, we have just been through 18+ months of a huge variety of masking behaviour and mandates. There are oceans of data. There is every opportunity for the efficacy of mask wearing to show itself in the data. But it has resoundingly failed to do so.

This, to me, is the most powerful evidence of all that masks make no difference. If they made a difference, WE WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE IT by now.
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-31-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think we are too. I just don't know how to do that safely given how insanely contagious delta is.

I also don't feel like we could go in good conscience either in case we somehow pick it up and spread it
                            Delta! Back in side we go!

On 7/23 I mentioned the South was in their Summer Seasonal peak and would be peaking in the next Week.

Looks like Southern Missouri is peaking. And wow look at that, their wave last summer peaked on the same exact day if this data continues in the upcoming week. Rhymes with Reasonality.

As the Southern part of the country's seasonality peaks in the next week or so I wonder what the new "Scariant" will be as seasonality begins in the north in a couple of months?
                            • “cases” are a meaningless metric because high Ct PCR is unfit for task. 70%+ of reported cases appear to be non-clinical
                            • deaths are down 71% from same time last year and are dropping vs rising then
                            • hospitalization is 50% lower
                            • the US is at or within a week or so of seasonal peak.
                            • community resistance is widespread and effective
                            • excess deaths have reverted to normal levels
                            • go live your life. new restrictions are pointless political theater

Now as "Cases" are begging to decline over the next two weeks we know exactly what is going to happen. bureaucrats will say that there sounding alarm (at the end of a peak remind you), masks, restrictions, ect. is why Cases are declining. Even thought nothing has changed.

You're just about to see 7d case averages start down in several states within the next few days. There are huge growth slowdowns in several MW/S states including Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana and Alabama. Could see many sun belt states start to turn over in 3-7 days

I was 5 days ahead of "Covid Circuit Tour" expert Scott Gottlieb, in knowing this is exactly what was going to happen.

Some of the states hardest hit by the Delta surge showing some indication that their epidemic waves could be starting to peak.
                            https://***********/ScottGottliebMD/...98811080503296

Comment

• So much sharting.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This I agree with. I am in a point financially to finally be able to play around a bit without having to think things out and cover every single possible loose end to make a (basic in the grand scheme of things when compared to RJ's trips) trip happen.

For example, the US/Mexico World Cup Qualifier (soccer) was just announced to be in Cincinnati. Without hesitation I booked a hotel for 4 nights. But there is also the realization that it's a 50/50 shot as to whether sports will be "normal" come November. I'm peeved that I did everything with this right, but I am being denied opportunities because of a special kind of stupid.
                                **** Freak Show Alert ****

Keep this chart around on this day when the CDC decided it was time to whip up disease panic yet again and thereby attempt to wreck what modicum of freedoms we managed to regain. This chart shows Covid deaths at the lowest they've been since the pandemic started.

Comment

Working...
                                X