Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/st...86882079084552

1) Good
    2) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The number of mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers that are in the U.S. is astounding. I keep telling my wife I don't want to move back and she doesn't understand why. I need to start telling people I'm from Canada when they ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

... and they cover 100% costs, no deductibles, in case of negative reaction to vaccine.
      You mean something like the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program | Official web site of the U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration (hrsa.gov) ?

That already exists?

Comment

• Per usual, Sic posting on a topic uninformed and unafraid.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I saw some stories about places advertising the vaccine "with maximum discretion."

The Right are such cowards.

But this will lead to a great new pina colada song.
          They can shed the vaccine on people who are unvaccinated. It makes total sense.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When you are a bigger as-shat than Alan Dershowitz you need to reconsider your life trajectory.

We need a Dershowitz and Giuliani Thunderdome.
            To paraphrase George Carlin...we could put it on PPV and balance the stupid ****ing budget!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...4e4e25f2e/?_=1

Whoa...CDC doc on breakthroughs and Delta paint a pretty grim picture.
              • Seems you have more viral load over a longer period of time (18 days for Delta vs. 13 days for "original" Covid). Means longer quarantine periods. 18 days is... a lot.
              • R0 is estimated at 5-9. I
              • Delta is likely more dangerous too. 1.8-2x (CI of 1.4-2.5) more likely to need hospitalization than other strains; 3.9x more likely to need ICU; 2.4x more deadly.
              • For breakthrough cases, the data is showing that your viral load is just as high as the unvaccinated. Just as contagious as unvaccinated. Yikes.
              • The efficacy is still good, but not great for symptomatic. 65-88% for symptomatic disease; 95%+ for hospitalization.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-30-2021, 03:24 PM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...4e4e25f2e/?_=1

Whoa...CDC doc on breakthroughs and Delta paint a pretty grim picture.
                • Seems you have more viral load over a longer period of time (18 days for Delta vs. 13 days for "original" Covid). Means longer quarantine periods. 18 days is... a lot.
                • R0 is estimated at 5-9. I
                • Delta is likely more dangerous too. 1.8-2x (CI of 1.4-2.5) more likely to need hospitalization than other strains; 3.9x more likely to need ICU; 2.4x more deadly.
                • For breakthrough cases, the data is showing that your viral load is just as high as the unvaccinated. Just as contagious as unvaccinated. Yikes.
                • The efficacy is still good, but not great for symptomatic. 65-88% for symptomatic disease; 95%+ for hospitalization.
                Wow. That’s some grim a-s ****ing **** right there. So basically, around 1% fatality rate, with the contagiousness of chicken pox? This fall/winter is going to be grim.
                They already have a signup sheet in my breakroom asking for volunteers for the inevitable isolation unit. They’re going to have to double my hazard pay for me to consider it.

Comment

• Yeah. We're going back to mid-2020 protocols for now. Just immediate family who are all vaccinated.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Metro Manila is going on lockdown starting tomorrow. Typically this means grocery stores will limit the # of customers, 50% seating in restaurants, no sales of alcohol, nothing is allowed to be open 24 hours, no travel into/out without a negative swab test or proof of vaccine, or if you're traveling to the airports proof you are flying but only ticket-holders are allowed. This is scheduled for 2 weeks and then they'll reevaluate after to end or extend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

You touch upon a larger issue.

I wasn't that upset in the first year of the pandemic over the stuff I missed out on, other than normal human emotion of missing things. After all, it's nature. We had no control. No different than having your life turn sideways if a natural disaster hit your area.

But now, at this time of the pandemic, we do have absolute control over our destiny, and can overcome nature. I repeat that again. We turned the tables. We have the control. But absolute morons want to concede that control and give it back to nature. Why? That's why I have such contempt towards the unvaccinated. For once, humans can control nature, and you're ****ing it away.
                      Listen to this drivel ^^^ Get a hold of yourself.

You were not alerted to a pandemic-level pathogenic disease causing agent by your own senses, observations or experience. You were conditioned by propaganda to believe in a pandemic-level pathogenic disease causing agent by the media, the pharmaceutical industry, and government.

In the US since week 8 2021 - since there hasn’t been any significant excess deaths...

Comment

• 600,000 dead isn't enough for Ron Johnson to care about.

I repeat: Ron Johnson, a Senator for Wisconsin, couldn't care less if the entirety of the Green Bay and Fox Valley metro areas were Thanos snapped off the Wisconsin map.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          600,000 dead isn't enough for Ron Johnson to care about.

I repeat: Ron Johnson, a Senator for Wisconsin, couldn't care less if the entirety of the Green Bay and Fox Valley metro areas were Thanos snapped off the Wisconsin map.
                          • Doesn’t limit “transmission”
                          • Doesn’t confer immunity
                          • only reduces symptoms
                          • new technology for humans
                          • 0 longterm safety data
                          • 0.7%/1.2% ARR, Absolute Risk Reduction
                          • manufacturers not held liable
                          • almost 500,000 VAERS reports
                          • 80% hospitalizations in obese
                          • 99.8% survival rate

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            600,000 dead isn't enough for Ron Johnson to care about.

I had a snarky joke here, but this isn't funny.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Lollapalooza and sturgis, weeeeeeeee

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNickGort...66145600892930

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Just wait until the state fair
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X