Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This I agree with. I am in a point financially to finally be able to play around a bit without having to think things out and cover every single possible loose end to make a (basic in the grand scheme of things when compared to RJ's trips) trip happen.

For example, the US/Mexico World Cup Qualifier (soccer) was just announced to be in Cincinnati. Without hesitation I booked a hotel for 4 nights. But there is also the realization that it's a 50/50 shot as to whether sports will be "normal" come November. I'm peeved that I did everything with this right, but I am being denied opportunities because of a special kind of stupid.
    You touch upon a larger issue.

I wasn't that upset in the first year of the pandemic over the stuff I missed out on, other than normal human emotion of missing things. After all, it's nature. We had no control. No different than having your life turn sideways if a natural disaster hit your area.

But now, at this time of the pandemic, we do have absolute control over our destiny, and can overcome nature. I repeat that again. We turned the tables. We have the control. But absolute morons want to concede that control and give it back to nature. Why? That's why I have such contempt towards the unvaccinated. For once, humans can control nature, and you're ****ing it away.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• I definitely have lots of contempt for anyone who is willfully ignorant of basic science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The insurance companies should mandate you get vaccinated or your premiums quadruple.
        ... and they cover 100% costs, no deductibles, in case of negative reaction to vaccine.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I wasn't that upset in the first year of the pandemic over the stuff I missed out on, other than normal human emotion of missing things. After all, it's nature. We had no control. No different than having your life turn sideways if a natural disaster hit your area.

But now, at this time of the pandemic, we do have absolute control over our destiny, and can overcome nature. I repeat that again. We turned the tables. We have the control. But absolute morons want to concede that control and give it back to nature. Why? That's why I have such contempt towards the unvaccinated. For once, humans can control nature, and you're ****ing it away.
          I may be seeing thing wrong, but I see companies trying to open back up to vaccinated. Countries as well- Canada is opening back up to vaccinated, and I expect Europe will be doing the same.

So all of the "restrictions" are just as voluntary as not taking the vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I may be seeing thing wrong, but I see companies trying to open back up to vaccinated. Countries as well- Canada is opening back up to vaccinated, and I expect Europe will be doing the same.

So all of the "restrictions" are just as voluntary as not taking the vaccine.
            At the rate we're going, I fear mandatory restrictions will be back in place. And international travel is still severely hampered.

And as far as Europe is concerned, the Netherlands just started to cancel a bunch of large public festivals, putting the much anticipated Dutch GP in jeopardy.
            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 07-29-2021, 12:21 PM.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I definitely have lots of contempt for anyone who is willfully ignorant of basic science.
              Contempt is too nice a word for how I feel towards them...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Wooo book those cruises out of Florida!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyJong...40412206166016
                You gotta figure Florida is the prime breeding ground for a virus like this.

Half their population old and probably not in the best of health, and a bunch of the rest poorer black and brown people.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Putting the "DeRP" is "DeSantis Republican Party".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

And they don't believe in Darwin.

This is kinda proving him correct, not that they can see that. "Fittest" doesn't necessarily mean physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Wooo book those cruises out of Florida!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyJong...40412206166016
                      It's like that final scene from Twelve Monkeys where they show the airlines all spreading the virus out continent to continent.

We could actually wipe humanity out if we did with anthrax what the Dumpies are doing with COVID.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is a good point. Maybe one which every space-faring species eventually faces. Insofar as you eliminate other predators you develop the instincts that will cause you to destroy yourselves. Then, insofar as you come to control your environment you develop the technology that will allow you to destroy yourselves.

The only way out of that box is to engineer the instincts out now that you don't need them anymore. So you create civilization. Then it's a race between how quickly you civilize and how quickly you technologize. If civilization wins the stars are yours. If technology wins you leave a smoking crater.

It comes down to kindness / compassion / inclusion vs fear / greed / tribalism. But the latter enjoy all the advantages of violence so the former have to be very, very careful.

Fighting the Nazis is somewhat analogous. How do you deal with the intolerant when you are tolerant, and the vicious when you are gentle?

Last edited by Kepler; 07-29-2021, 02:16 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's not that you develop the instincts. It's that the instincts you biologically have to discern such dangers to you atrophy.

Life gets too comfortable, too easy, you get lazy, you are no longer exposed to danger and predators every day, and so your instincts that warn you of such, your basic survival instincts and skills, just wither away, generation after generation, until they no longer exist.

I've said it before, our forebears went from one side of this continent to the other with nothing but the stars to guide them. Now we can't find milk in the supermarket.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            It's not that you develop the instincts. It's that the instincts you biologically have to discern such dangers to you atrophy.

Life gets too comfortable, too easy, you get lazy, you are no longer exposed to danger and predators every day, and so your instincts that warn you of such, your basic survival instincts and skills, just wither away, generation after generation, until they no longer exist.

I've said it before, our forebears went from one side of this continent to the other with nothing but the stars to guide them. Now we can't find milk in the supermarket.
                            Except this is YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL bullsh-t.

Don't buy into this narrative. Bad. Bad rufus! Bad!

I'm not talking about toughness, I'm talking about cruelty.
                            Cornell University

Comment

... and can overcome nature.
                              Bold statement.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If technology wins you leave a smoking crater.
                                When has humanity ever created tech that it didn't use against itself.

Cut to smoking crater.
                                Cut to Sun going 'nova (because nature always wins in the end).

And ... cut. Print. That's a wrap.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X