Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Can't wait for football season to get going in 3-4 weeks! That's what 'Murica! is all about!
    Yea, that's going to be interesting. One can presume that over half of the stadium will not be vaccinated, and since they are all open up... oof.

SEC and ACC are going to have interesting seasons.

Comment

• $EC will bloviate but do nothing to hurt its chances at the CFP and E$PN/Di$ney will back them. ACC will do the same.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Yea, that's going to be interesting. One can presume that over half of the stadium will not be vaccinated, and since they are all open up... oof.

I would assume an Alabama-Mississippi crowd will be about 80% unvaccinated.

Let's not be hasty. Maybe this is just what is needed.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I know a few folks who got the vax to specifically lose the mask. That has to be frustrating to them.
          I read an article yesterday talking about how the contempt of the vaccinated towards the unvaccinated is growing. That's going to be our new "war."
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Yep. 70-100K seat Petri dish. I don't think it will be limited to the $EC though. I mean, I'm sure Michigan Stadium has it's share of DERP in its 100K on gamedays. And don't forget about Friday night football, which will 100% be unregulated.

Illinois is still holding on issuing any guidance to high school officials on what to do as far as masking and what not for the Fall season. Kickoff for me is 08/27 with other Fall sports starting on the following Monday. Football will have scrimmages are the prior Friday (some do get a bit of attendance as well).

That is the biggest obstacle in the future that I see. Sure, family parties are always happening, but their scope is somewhat limited. How many people spend Friday nights together in the stands when all is said and done? Timmy's B-Day is a speck comparatively I think.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I read an article yesterday talking about how the contempt of the vaccinated towards the unvaccinated is growing. That's going to be our new "war."
              I don't have contempt, but I also have no empathy or care if they get sick. But it is interesting that the same people who wanted everything to open back up is all upset that it's not because they are still getting infected.

I feel for the doctors and nurses who have to treat people who could have done something very easy to prevent it.

Comment

• Di$ney World requiring masks.

DeathSantis Is Gonna Be MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Even the self-described “most magical place on earth” can’t quite escape coronavirus concerns: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida announced that it’s now requiring all guests to wear face masks indoors, reversing a June decision not to mandate them for those vaccinated.

The huge resort — home to four theme parks, more than 30,000 hotel rooms, golf courses and expansive water parks — said Wednesday the rules would take effect from Friday for all guests ages 2 and up. Face coverings will, however, remain optional in outdoor common areas, the company said.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  The DERP in FL is gonna have a field day with this... Sooner or later the (stupid/dumbass) masses will be pushed to the edge and it won't be pretty. It's the sad truth, but our best bet is to just let the DERPs splinter themselves over things like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    My daughter's maid of honor works at Di$ney and has immune system issues. This may save her life. She has face time with sh-tbirds from OH and AL every day.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't have contempt, but I also have no empathy or care if they get sick. But it is interesting that the same people who wanted everything to open back up is all upset that it's not because they are still getting infected.

I feel for the doctors and nurses who have to treat people who could have done something very easy to prevent it.
                      The contempt is due to the fact that things can't be opened up unless everyone gets vaccinated. I think (at least for me) vaccinated people don't give a darn if unvaccinated people die. But, we are ticked off we can't go back to living and traveling completely normal again because of the unvaccinated people.

I'm at the point of my life where I want to and can start taking those dream trips I always wanted to take. And you will appreciate what those trips I want to take are -- Monza, Spa, Le Mans, Singapore, Macau. I don't want to miss out on those because of horribly selfish people. That's where my contempt it.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

The insurance companies should mandate you get vaccinated or your premiums quadruple.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

The contempt is due to the fact that things can't be opened up unless everyone gets vaccinated. I think (at least for me) vaccinated people don't give a darn if unvaccinated people die. But, we are ticked off we can't go back to living and traveling completely normal again because of the unvaccinated people.

I'm at the point of my life where I want to and can start taking those dream trips I always wanted to take. And you will appreciate what those trips I want to take are -- Monza, Spa, Le Mans, Singapore, Macau. I don't want to miss out on those because of horribly selfish people. That's where my contempt it.
                          This I agree with. I am in a point financially to finally be able to play around a bit without having to think things out and cover every single possible loose end to make a (basic in the grand scheme of things when compared to RJ's trips) trip happen.

For example, the US/Mexico World Cup Qualifier (soccer) was just announced to be in Cincinnati. Without hesitation I booked a hotel for 4 nights. But there is also the realization that it's a 50/50 shot as to whether sports will be "normal" come November. I'm peeved that I did everything with this right, but I am being denied opportunities because of a special kind of stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The insurance companies should mandate you get vaccinated or your premiums quadruple.
                            I think something like that will eventually happen. No different than smokers having higher premiums.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sooner or later they will realize that they are paying millions in bills that were 100% preventable. It's gonna be like smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Sooner or later they will realize that they are paying millions in bills that were 100% preventable. It's gonna be like smoking.
                                Or drunk driving. **** no I'm not covering your car.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X