Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://***********/MSNBC/status/1420401429064429569

Louisiana sees highest spike in single-day Covid-19 hospitalizations since start of pandemic.
    Louisiana hit the biggest single-day increase of Covid-19 hospitalizations since the pandemic's start, its governor and health officials said this week.

As of Tuesday, 1,390 people were in the hospital with the coronavirus, an increase of 169 since Monday. The state Department of Health said it was the largest single-day increase since March of last year.

During that same time period, the state reported nearly 6,800 new cases, the second-highest single-day case count since Jan. 6, 2021.

“To see this current rise in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations is becoming increasingly scary,” Gov. John Bel Edwards said in a statement.

According to him, roughly 90 percent of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. In a series of tweets Tuesday, Edwards urged residents to get the shots.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Here's one estimate that cruising is worth $9B of "direct expenditures" to Florida businesses annually (CLIA: Cruise industry shutdown losses to surpass $32B by end of 2020 - South Florida Business Journal (bizjournals.com)). But that doesn't include the fact that almost nobody flies in, gets on the boat, cruises, and then departs on the same day they disembark. Most people will spend a night or two in a hotel on either end, and partake in Florida's other vacation amenities, dining out, etc.

Florida's GDP is ~$900B, so cruising overall probably accounts for ~2% of that.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Here's one estimate that cruising is worth $9B of "direct expenditures" to Florida businesses annually (CLIA: Cruise industry shutdown losses to surpass $32B by end of 2020 - South Florida Business Journal (bizjournals.com)). But that doesn't include the fact that almost nobody flies in, gets on the boat, cruises, and then departs on the same day they disembark. Most people will spend a night or two in a hotel on either end, and partake in Florida's other vacation amenities, dining out, etc.

Florida's GDP is ~$900B, so cruising overall probably accounts for ~2% of that.
        Again, my point isn't that cruising is this massive tourist thing, but that some tourist industries are paying attention to the vaccinated customers, and are working accordingly. While just one company is suing Florida for their anti policies, more than one would benefit.

Being a cruiser, I just pay attention to the news coming from there, but expect others are doing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I get that cruising is a legit thing in FL, but how much cash does it bring in for the grand scheme of things? Especially when compared to Orlando? Is it really that big of a chunk of Miami's tourist demographic?
          People (not all of them) will fly into the departing city a day or so early, so there’s hotel revenue, restaurants, etc., and the port fee must be pretty substantial for those cruise ships. All of that’s down because of COVID and Florida‘s asinine, short-term thinking/reaction/response/whatever to the situation.

Give them a little now and they’ll forego much more in the future. Idiots.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Small family get together this weekend cancelled as more vaccinated family members have tested positive.

Comment

• Hoping I'll be able to get the J&J shot after my arrival in MN on the Aug 22nd, but as of now the only site I know of taking reservations is at present only allowing reservations up to August 10th. We are on 3 different waiting lists here locally but I'm not holding my breath it will happen before I leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

For many, restrictions bring people in. For every- anti vax reply to cancel due to restriction changes, there are more vaxxors who are canceling due to the allowance of anti vaxxors cruising. At least for my informal look at the cruise boards.
                Disney is allowing non vaxxers on board. Not sure how that makes sense, do they want to return to Cape Canaveral early?? I still have a cruise scheduled for Sept.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Headline from WaPo on a fun one in Tajikistan

“After the Tajik president's sister died in the hospital reportedly of covid-19, her three sons attacked and beat up the country's health minister and a senior doctor, according to local media.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Headline from WaPo on a fun one in Tajikistan

“After the Tajik president's sister died in the hospital reportedly of covid-19, her three sons attacked and beat up the country's health minister and a senior doctor, according to local media.”
                    "Those moons are in your telescope."

I'm surprised Dumpies aren't murdering doctors after their loved ones die because they infected them. Something to look forward to.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Disney is allowing non vaxxers on board. Not sure how that makes sense, do they want to return to Cape Canaveral early?? I still have a cruise scheduled for Sept.
                      Since U12's still have vaccination issues, Disney makes sense for that- but they should be all in on protections. Royal Caribbean is allowing non-vaxxors on, too- but they are very restricted where they can go- no shows, only some bars, etc. And they have to wear masks. That's kind of the point for the CDC guidelines that CLIAA worked with them for. Why Florida is trying to force companies to follow their anti-rules is kind of odd considering they are supposed to hate that kind of government control.

Comment

Small family get together this weekend cancelled as more vaccinated family members have tested positive.

... some vaccinated people could be carrying higher levels of the virus than previously understood and potentially transmit it to others.
                        Good grief.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-...hot-spots.html
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          I’m not surprised. We don’t have a ton of time yet to measure how vaccinated people will react or carry virus loads with the new variant.

this is the scientific process. Get more data, test hypothesis. Where people need to calm the eff down is assuming this means the gov and docs are trying to ruin people’s lives. Wearing a mask isn’t life altering. When Unsure just take basic public health precautions.

Comment

I’m not surprised. We don’t have a ton of time yet to measure how vaccinated people will react or carry virus loads with the new variant.
                            Vaccinated superspreader <-- yesterday's oxymoron is today's reality
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

this is the scientific process. Get more data, test hypothesis. Where people need to calm the eff down is assuming this means the gov and docs are trying to ruin people’s lives. Wearing a mask isn’t life altering. When Unsure just take basic public health precautions.
                              The same people whining about Simone Biles being "weak" are too fragile to wear a mask.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Vaccinated superspreader <-- yesterday's oxymoron is today's reality
                                No it's not.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X