Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The exact wording here is going to be important, but the "contractors" piece is the endgame here. That's a huge swath of corporate America. If a "contractor" is a company, then they just mandated vaccines for >1M people in just the top ten contractors alone. Add in GE, DeLoitte, Accenture, FedEx, Verizon, AT&T... Millions.

Again, depending on how they worded it. I hope they did this right.

Edit: On top of the 9+ million employees of the federal government.

Edit 2: Even if this isn't done right, I found an article from The Brookings Institute that said 4+ million contractors were impacted by the federal government shutdown. That should put us close to the "stupid way" number. So 13+ million people. Let's assume that roughly 50% of them are fully vaccinated. That leaves 6.5 million who are now required to get it, be subject to weekly testing, or quit. That's 1.9% of the US population. Obviously some are going to take the stupid route. But it still moves us closer and closer.

If you take the blunt object approach and require it for contractors as entire corporations, that's huge. Now add in the 0.25 million employed by CA, healthcare workers in CA (2M), Cal State system (0.5), NYC (0.33)...

I imagine this is only the start of the wave of employers mandating it.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-27-2021, 05:49 PM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The internet will be a fun read on Thursday after I get settled into my hotel room.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• CDC reverses its earlier guidance and strongly encourages fully vaccinated people to wear masks inside public places where there’s high or substantial spread of the delta variant.

Comment

• Good. I'm betting on dose 3 in September
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Makes more sense to get the FDA to mandate full authorization so businesses, schools, etc can say "Do it or homeschool without a job" before pushing 3rd jabs in people who are already more careful and responsible.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Makes more sense to get the FDA to mandate full authorization so businesses, schools, etc can say "Do it or homeschool without a job" before pushing 3rd jabs in people who are already more careful and responsible.
              Supply isn't the issue
              nor is trying to get the ****wads who said no for four months
              it's protecting the people who want to be protected
              Code:

Comment

• I’m shocked my county doesn’t qualify yet as high or substantial spread. School starts next week down here in these parts, so by middle of August, I’m sure spread will be nice and uncontrollable by then.

Comment

• Does it come as any surprise that Florida has been removed from the COVID tracking system? Nice of them to track themselves and not tell anyone.

Do they really think that covering up reality will bring people to their state?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                    Does it come as any surprise that Florida has been removed from the COVID tracking system? Nice of them to track themselves and not tell anyone.

Do they really think that covering up reality will bring people to their state?
                    It will bring the stupid people to Orlando/Miami. Also remember that any sort of restriction pushes away a vocal minority. They are content with what they are getting currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

It will bring the stupid people to Orlando/Miami. Also remember that any sort of restriction pushes away a vocal minority. They are content with what they are getting currently.
                      For many, restrictions bring people in. For every- anti vax reply to cancel due to restriction changes, there are more vaxxors who are canceling due to the allowance of anti vaxxors cruising. At least for my informal look at the cruise boards.

And seeing that one cruise line is suing Florida for the vaccine passport ban AND that all of them have pledged to continue to follow CDC agreements when Florida went out of their way to eliminate the rules- seems to me that at least *some* of the tourist industry is leaning far more toward keeping people safe vs. risking them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Good. I'm betting on dose 3 in September
                        I'm thinking more like October. As long as we don't have to deal with the struggle in getting an appointment like we did in the spring, I'm all for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

For many, restrictions bring people in. For every- anti vax reply to cancel due to restriction changes, there are more vaxxors who are canceling due to the allowance of anti vaxxors cruising. At least for my informal look at the cruise boards.

And seeing that one cruise line is suing Florida for the vaccine passport ban AND that all of them have pledged to continue to follow CDC agreements when Florida went out of their way to eliminate the rules- seems to me that at least *some* of the tourist industry is leaning far more toward keeping people safe vs. risking them.
                          I get that cruising is a legit thing in FL, but how much cash does it bring in for the grand scheme of things? Especially when compared to Orlando? Is it really that big of a chunk of Miami's tourist demographic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I'm thinking more like October. As long as we don't have to deal with the struggle in getting an appointment like we did in the spring, I'm all for it.
                            1 stop shopping; covid, flu, and pneumococcal jabs.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I get that cruising is a legit thing in FL, but how much cash does it bring in for the grand scheme of things? Especially when compared to Orlando? Is it really that big of a chunk of Miami's tourist demographic?
                              Dunno, but seeing Florida do specific lawsuits just for the industry suggests that it's pretty large.

edit- BTW, my point isn't that cruising is the biggest tourist draw, but that a significant part of Florida tourism is paying attention. And that some tourist industries are noting that. If cruising is, would Disney do the same? Or any of the other parks?
                              Last edited by MichVandal; 07-28-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Yeah but unless Di$ney does something it won't matter. Flo(R)ida will justify everything just to keep people flowing to The Mouse House.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X