Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Here's hoping he caught a cold.
    Well since he is fully vaxxed I was more worried about pneumonia which thankfully he does not have. Though after 2 heart attacks even minor COVID could be bad so here is hoping he has a sinus infection.

The fact that we are still dealing with this is proof that sometimes people need to shut the **** up about their freedoms and just do what is best for everyone. The GOP as convinced half this country that it is Anti-American to sacrifice for the greater good.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• My dad is negative. Phew.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        My dad is negative. Phew.
        Virtual fist bump.

I had a cold in May that I couldn't shake. Ten days and three negative Covid tests. Sounds familiar.

PS - Make sure it doesn't turn to pneumonia.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Yeah there is some nasty bugs out there. I had a ten day cold at the beginning of COVID.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• From the UK Telegraph:

Covid could be spread through flatulence, say ministers
            Source says officials have read ‘credible-looking stuff’ on theory from other countries including Australia
            https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...say-ministers/

Don't the Aussies wear pants? Underwear? Mask up down under Australia!

That story is a gas. I had to pass it on but it's a real stinker. I had to let 'er rip.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah there is some nasty bugs out there. I had a ten day cold at the beginning of COVID.
              Every cold is 10 days for me. 3 days of getting sick. 3 days of being sick. 3 days to recover.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• S! E! C! https://i.imgur.com/2hopYS0.png

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

My dad is negative. Phew.
                  Good to hear, Handy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Trying my best but can't find a source that provides data (if it exists?) to support the idea that the more that vaccinate the less likely variants will develop.

When an orc asks, "Why do you care if I vaccinate?" I'm looking for beyond the obvious.
                    A virus is very primitive, and it's DNA or RNA (depending on if it is a DNA or RNA based virus) replication is extremely error prone. When a virus uses the host cell to replicate, its making thousands of copies, each of which contain an average one mutation per 10 kilobases (if I remember right, SARS-CoV-2 genome is around 30kb). Many of the mutations are detrimental to the virus. Some of the mutations prove to be beneficial, because they may make the virus more transmissible. If they have an advantage, mutated strains quickly become the dominant strain.

The more a virus is able to spread throughout a population and replicate, the more times we're rolling the dice and the more chances there are that a beneficial (to the virus) mutation will occur.

This blog uses HIV as an example: https://www.virology.ws/2009/05/10/t...rna-synthesis/

Here is a stunning example of the consequences of RNA polymerase error rates. Tens of millions of humans are infected with HIV-1, and every infected person produces billions of viral genomes per day, each with one mutation. Over 1016 genomes are produced daily on the entire planet. As a consequence, thousands of mutants arise by chance every day that are resistant to every combination of antiviral compounds in use or in development.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      That quote was amazing, thanks for getting it.

At some point is something that is present in every human even a virus anymore? Isn't it just part of the human package?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Wheeeeeeeeeeee.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I think Leper colonies would fix a lot of this.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

I think Leper colonies would fix a lot of this.
                            Darwin seems to be doing just fine...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/stat...235834887?s=19

Big news: President Biden will announce on Thursday a requirement that all federal employees & contractors be vaccinated against the coronavirus, or be required to submit to regular testing and mitigation requirements, per a source with direct knowledge @Phil_Mattingly reports.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I just became significantly safer.

Thank you, adults.

My boss aint gonna be happy.

The WMA just became the best place to live in America.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X