Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post

As a proud father of two under 2, this is ****ing spot on.
    My daughter broke us when she was 5 months old. Refused to sleep in her crib and was using us as mattresses on the couch. We traded 4 hour shifts overnight. That night she refused to sleep longer than an hour at a time and we were all zombies the next day.

We did the cry-it-out method the next night. Longest 105 minutes of my life. The next night it took her 15 minutes of crying to fall asleep, the night after that she conked out in about 2 minutes and except for the expected sleep regressions and teething, she's slept like a champ since.

But yeah, as much as I love my daughter you couldn't pay me to go through the newborn phase again. People who like babies boggle my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

We did the cry-it-out method the next night. Longest 105 minutes of my life. The next night it took her 15 minutes of crying to fall asleep, the night after that she conked out in about 2 minutes and except for the expected sleep regressions and teething, she's slept like a champ since.
      Totally ****ed up in other ways, of course.

Comment

My daughter broke us when she was 5 months old. Refused to sleep in her crib and was using us as mattresses on the couch. We traded 4 hour shifts overnight. That night she refused to sleep longer than an hour at a time and we were all zombies the next day.

But yeah, as much as I love my daughter you couldn't pay me to go through the newborn phase again. People who like babies boggle my mind.
        I like other people's babies.

That's the beauty of grandkids. You just send them home when you are tired of them.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Never fully goes away, either. Daughter just turned 2, usually sleeps great, but she had a nasty cold this weekend, so she's been up coughing and wheezing all night for the last 4 nights. She mostly did not need help clearing her airways or getting back to sleep, but damn you'd hate to miss that one time that she needs it....so no sleep for Mom and Dad. Last night was my turn with the monitor - I think I got a total of 3 hours in 20-minute bursts.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Trying my best but can't find a source that provides data (if it exists?) to support the idea that the more that vaccinate the less likely variants will develop.

When an orc asks, "Why do you care if I vaccinate?" I'm looking for beyond the obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Trying my best but can't find a source that provides data (if it exists?) to support the idea that the more that vaccinate the less likely variants will develop.

When an orc asks, "Why do you care if I vaccinate?" I'm looking for beyond the obvious.
              I don’t know what data exists but this is basic virus knowledge- the more hosts we give it, the more it replicates and gets smarter and adapts just like other living organisms

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This is the right answer. My friends have kids...I spoil them and love them all to death! I also leave and dont see them for weeks at a time ;^)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

That's the beauty of grandkids. You just send them home when you are tired of them.
                  After loading them with sugar and giving them noisemaker gifts.

I've always hated babies and I was worried with my daughter entering the Spawn Phase, but last weekend Dr. Mrs. and I visited a friend with a 6 month old and it was the sweetest kid on Earth. Really fun to experiment on.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Totally ****ed up in other ways, of course.
                    Myth.

Agree with what most are saying here, though. A screaming infant should be used as torture.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• How fast could we get to herd immunity if we required proof of vaccination to purchase a gun?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• BTW my vaccinated father has been sick for 10 days and is waiting on the results of his COVID test.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          BTW my vaccinated father has been sick for 10 days and is waiting on the results of his COVID test.
                          Here's hoping he caught a cold.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            How fast could we get to herd immunity if we required proof of vaccination to purchase a gun?
                            Dr. Mrs. suggested requiring it for admission to NASCAR races or NFL games.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Myth.

Agree with what most are saying here, though. A screaming infant should be used as torture.
                              Intended as humor, not as truth, state. Used that method successfully on my own.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Intended as humor, not as truth, state. Used that method successfully on my own.
                                Gotcha. It saved our lives. Amazed at how quickly it fixed the issue.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X