Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

We were talking about Rand Paul...who is not an optometrist. Busterman said "Back in the early 80's it was not uncommon to get into a medical school without a Bachelor's degree. Several Med schools at that time would take students in their Junior year."

Therefore bringing up the degree status of your optometrist was not relevant to the conversation at all. They do not go to medical school.

I know the difference and probably personally know more ophthalmologists than you know doctors.
    Even if he was a doctor, he's pretty consistently getting into pretty simple arguments with Dr Fauci- if Randy was RIGHT, then bring charges. Please Randy Rand, bring contempt charges against Dr Fauci, and see how that works out- you VERY directly threatened him, and he didn't budge under your bullying- essentially calling your threat out as BS.

So either bring it, or shut up.

Comment

• I’m up to three colleagues with breakthrough cases in Minnesota, all fully vaxxed for a while.

they are sick, but manageable symptoms

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

This explained the various processes, but didn't explore why we haven't transitioned to a traditional "dead copy" vaccine (beyond the generic "takes time"). It's been 18+ months to create a traditional vaccine, and they rolled out mRNA in record times.
        And "takes time" just ain't good enough for you.

Cause we all know, you know better than the scientists. And the security experts. And the doctors. And the........

Love yourself much?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Not in her district, I'm sure. So it must be fake.

BTW, I bet she's also vaccinated, all the while telling her people to not be- thus murdering her own constituents. The next election is going to be fun.
          I believe the kid is in her district...

MTG refuses to answer if she is vaccinated (cause she is) trying to claim it violates HIPPA which of course or doesn't.

Clapton sucks. I am sorry he had a bad reaction and if he wants to use that platform to promote people educating themselves I'm all for it. He isn't doing that though so he is pouring his fans at risk. Will he pay the medical bills if someone gets sick at his show? Will he compensate the families? Of course not so **** him.

See also: selfish athletes tweeting they won't get the shot. **** them.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Word is 12k new cases in Flo(R)ida...when do we apologize to DeathSantis again?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I know it's not the same but my company has switched to using an mRNA vaccine to inoculate our fish against a virus after using traditional vaccines for years. The mRNA is far more effective, protects against a range of isolates/mutations, and does not have the same rate of breakthrough/failure as the traditional type of vaccine. I'm not an expert in that field by any means. But from what I have seen and understand, mRNA is absolutely the future of vaccines and will in the long run will be much more effective.

Edit: we have been using the mRNA for 2-3 years now after using the traditional for 10+ years.
              Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 07-23-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                I know it's not the same but my company has switched to using an mRNA vaccine to inoculate our fish against a virus after using traditional vaccines for years. The mRNA is far more effective, protects against a range of isolates/mutations, and does not have the same rate of breakthrough/failure as the traditional type of vaccine. I'm not an expert in that field by any means. But from what I have seen and understand, mRNA is absolutely the future of vaccines and will in the long run will be much more effective.
                From the little I’ve read, this all the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                  I know it's not the same but my company has switched to using an mRNA vaccine to inoculate our fish against a virus after using traditional vaccines for years. The mRNA is far more effective, protects against a range of isolates/mutations, and does not have the same rate of breakthrough/failure as the traditional type of vaccine. I'm not an expert in that field by any means. But from what I have seen and understand, mRNA is absolutely the future of vaccines and will in the long run will be much more effective.
                  If there's any global positive coming from the pandemic, it's this. Everything I read, the creators of the mRNA technique was never sure they would be able to do it, but in a time of great crisis, they did. Which will benefit the world. Other than the healthcare workers, these are some real true heroes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Word is 12k new cases in Flo(R)ida...when do we apologize to DeathSantis again?
                    And Texas added over 7k.... California is just behind, but they have done *some* reacting.

For once, I actually saw people questioning if it was safe to go on a cruise from Florida.... took a while, I was asking that when dumsantis actively tried to undermine the efforts cruise companies were trying to put in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And Texas added over 7k.... California is just behind, but they have done *some* reacting.

For once, I actually saw people questioning if it was safe to go on a cruise from Florida.... took a while, I was asking that when dumsantis actively tried to undermine the efforts cruise companies were trying to put in place.
                      Seasonality. Learn something.

Coming next the northern part of the country.

Comment

• Dear Dumpies: DIAF.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Dr. Mrs. is on her way back from Mississippi. During her time there she and another co-worker from DC were the only people she saw wearing masks anywhere.

62% of MS residents have yet to receive even one shot.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Dr. Mrs. is on her way back from Mississippi. During her time there she and another co-worker from DC were the only people she saw wearing masks anywhere.

62% of MS residents have yet to receive even one shot.
                            I wish I had a **** to give. I don't have any left anymore.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• mRNA has a number of benefits (so far, mostly theoretical, but now we're seeing actual data yay!):
                              • cheaper and faster to manufacture than previous vaccines
                              • Substantially shorter timelines for modification/development
                              • Potentially more effective as they can very specifically target identifiable parts of the virus
                              • Absolutely no possibility of infection (depending on the vaccine, that is the case with others as well)
                              • Easy to modify to face changing strains
                              Last edited by Swansong; 07-23-2021, 08:49 AM.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Dear Dumpies: DIAF.
                                Fat Bottom Girls keeps playing over and over in me noggin.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X