Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I don’t understand why we went away from masks in the first place. I absolutely hate wearing them but honestly until this thing is dead and buried we should have kept wearing them, at least indoors.

It will be interesting where the CDC goes from here. I would like to see intervention now so things don’t get completely out of control but that hasn’t been the American way when it comes to Covid.
    Hmmmm, the Dumbass you didn't vote for. And all his willing sycophants that you have supported all these years because the Dems were gonna take yer gunz.

Jesus, is it that hard for you to figure this out? You're supposedly educated. Now, think how hard it is for the stupid folk.

Here's the thing, Drew. You've heard how they talk about masks. How those in favor of them are evil, trying to take away your rights and Freedums, etc. Well, that's the same way they've been talking about yer gunz for forty years now. And you bought that hook line and sinker.

And yet, you're still puzzled by the controversy over masks. Think about it. It'll come to you.
    Last edited by rufus; 07-06-2021, 12:04 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

My point?

Is Delta or Lambda carrying a higher morbidity? I'm hearing "communicable", but not the other information.

So how's that stopping someone?
      I don't see a statement in any of that "point"- so what is your point? Or are you just questioning the morbidity rate of the new strains? Which isn't a point, but a question.

What outcome do you want to see based on the question? I don't see it being all that relevant asking how morbid the virus is when people are still dying in a free and preventable manner.

You want to see the annual guess of the virus, others don't- wanting to see is actually being eradicated via herd immunity. There's a pretty significant difference to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It wasn't "our country," it was the morons in power when it hit. Since we put the adults in charge there has been an enormous improvement.

The American Disaster was a Republican Disaster.
        Drew still hasn't quite been able to wrap his tiny little brain around that fact, either.

Its like, he's almost there, and then.................like that, it's gone
        Last edited by rufus; 07-06-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Not that I need any new reasons to hate Dumpies but it is true that the more unvaccinated people there are the higher the likelihood of further mutations which could then end run our existing vaccines? The more we allow this thing to be out there the more it re-sorts itself?
          yes. The more the virus spreads, the more chances there are for a mutation that allows it to evade the current vaccines

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The different between these variants are in the spike protein, not in the "money" part of the virus, so in theory the CFR should be pretty much the same. But they're new and data isn't full yet.

Again, I ask, what your main issue is, other than to argue and be argumentative.
            He's just asking the questions.

You know, the ones the rest of you dumbasses can't be bothered to contemplate.

But Sic, he's special. These are the things that keep him up at night. Pondering life's mysteries and whatnot. Deep thinker, that Sic.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Hmmmm, the Dumbass you didn't vote for. And all his willing sycophants that you have supported all these years because the Dems were gonna take yer gunz.

Jesus, is it that hard for you to figure this out? You're supposedly educated. Now, think how hard it is for the stupid folk.

Here's the thing, Drew. You've heard how they talk about masks. How those in favor of them are evil, trying to take away your rights and Freedums, etc. Well, that's the same way they've been talking about yer gunz for forty years now. And you bought that hook line and sinker.

And yet, you're still puzzled by the controversy over masks. Think about it. It'll come to you.
              I’d give up my guns if it meant freeing ourselves from Covid. Your point is spot on in this post though.

I do appreciate you saying I’m educated.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• A new long haul after effect of COVID has been pointed out to me. My family says since I had (and mostly recovered from, I thought) COVID, I am reversing words in my speech occasionally. I have not had a stroke or recent concussion, and this has apparently been noticeable only since last fall. Has else anyone of heard this?

(that last part was a joke, by the way)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’d give up my guns if it meant freeing ourselves from Covid. Your point is spot on in this post though.

I do appreciate you saying I’m educated.
                  I said "supposedly"

The things you post here don't offer a whole lot of proof, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    That is positively embarrassing for a first world country this far into the 21st century.
                    I would argue that in many ways, including many where healthcare is concerned, the United States is NOT a first-world country.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I would argue that in many ways, including many where healthcare is concerned, the United States is NOT a first-world country.
                      Even after only working in healthcare for 4 1/2 years, in many ways I agree. In terms of the actual application of healthcare - we are as good as it gets. But administration and financials? "Third world" would be generous.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• We have been falling steadily since the Reagan Revolution destroyed our economy and began to roll us back to a feudal state. It's a question of whether the Nazis can finish the job or we finish them first.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I don't see a statement in any of that "point"- so what is your point? Or are you just questioning the morbidity rate of the new strains? Which isn't a point, but a question.
                          My point -- is that I didn't know and thought someone here would have useful insights, like Swan did.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We have been falling steadily since the Reagan Revolution destroyed our economy and began to roll us back to a feudal state. It's a question of whether the Nazis can finish the job or we finish them first.
                            For me 9/11 and the Bush tax cuts were a massive turning point for us.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              ... I am reversing words in my speech occasionally.
                              Do you speak languages other than English (Germanic), specifically any of the romantic (Latin) languages where adjectives follow nouns? Is that the nature of the word reversal, or are you going straight-up word salad?

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We have been falling steadily ...
                                Not so sure about number two on that list ... a little too CCP lately for my taste.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X