Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky is up to 30th place?! Wow. We were like 40th-ish a week or two ago. Knowing how many coworkers refuse to get the vaccine, despite being healthcare ****ing workers, bottom 10 still seems our final resting place, although some insist they’ll get it once it’s fully FDA-approved. I give them credit for even knowing it’s not yet. Pfizer and Moderna have applied I think? That said, one of my administrators said she only has 9 more people currently interested, and supposedly she can only order a minimum of 100 doses at a time.
    Looks like the wheels fell off West Virginia and North Dakota’s wagons. Glad my sister is originally Minnesotan, and therefore, received her two doses the exact same day I received mine- Moderna, 1,200 miles apart.

Comment

• We passed 50% of adults a while ago I thought...so that is a total population number which is misleading.

In Fact We Passed 60% of Adults A Month Ago
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The bottom three aren't surprising, both from socio-political perspectives as well as real impact from COVID. These are states with relatively low population density who managed to avoid the horrible issues that more densely populated states had, so combine the derpy nonsense with just... people not looking beyond their own horizon and that goes a long way to explain why vaccination rates are so low.

Which means, basically, that COVID will be effectively wiped out in New England and will be a constant problem in Mississippi.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          We passed 50% of adults a while ago I thought...so that is a total population number which is misleading.

In Fact We Passed 60% of Adults A Month Ago
          That's having at least one dose, though. Still not quite to 60% of all eligible people being fully vaxxed. From MPR yesterday:

"64.6 percent of Minnesotans 16 and older with at least one vaccine dose; 58.9 percent — nearly 2.6 million people — now completely vaccinated"

Still a much better number than 46%, though.

In other news, MPLS dropped its mask mandate yesterday. Almost 80% of eligible people have received at least one dose.
          Last edited by state of hockey; 06-02-2021, 11:18 AM.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• 80% in a large city seems very high. That's really great to hear.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              80% in a large city seems very high. That's really great to hear.
              They said Minneapolis, not a large city. ;-) I'd guess that means about 250,000 people have at least 1 dose.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Took about 18 hours after my 2nd dose, but then it absolutely kicked my *** for 2 days. The headache/chills/bodyaches were noticeable though not too bad, but my god the fatigue...

I work a physical job and it was absolutely brutal for 2 days in a row. Completely gassed after the most routine of actions.
                A little tired this morning, but that might have been two days of 7am meetings after a three day weekend. I was able to do my 4 mile run so I guess it wasn't too bad.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Vaccine demand for 12-15 year old children peaked one week after EUA - and then fell 60% during the net week. It now appears almost certain that 30% to 40% of the US population will not be vaccinated, including the vast majority of children.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

They said Minneapolis, not a large city. ;-) I'd guess that means about 250,000 people have at least 1 dose.
                    It's the 49th largest in the US. +/-10% is Miami and New Orleans.
                    Shrug.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• So our South African au pair has a 22-year-old cousin in a coma with a blood clot in his brain. Perfectly healthy, though he did have something a couple months ago. It seemed like just a mild flu, though, so probably just a coincidence.

This same au pair has already lost an aunt and a grandmother to COVID.

Vaccinate. The. World.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Interesting article related to mental health/Covid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...lth-care%3famp

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

They said Minneapolis, not a large city. ;-)
                          Be happy. Cities are like tumors: bigger is worse.

Everything above 250k is trash.

Fig. 209,829 Padua, Italy (The perfect sized city)

Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2021, 09:51 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Really hope faucis security is being increased

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...49124397633536

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Really hope faucis security is being increased

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...49124397633536
                              Fauci is the definition of a Quack.

Comment

• The morons pretending that the FOIA'd emails say what they don't actually say is just...

Well, it's 100% expected I suppose.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X