Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the USG side:

first shot April 23, over an hour wait
    second shot May 21, zero wait

Anybody who is going to get their shots has done so. The only people remaining are severely immuno-compromised or severely mentally impaired.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      On the USG side:

Anybody who is going to get their shots has done so. The only people remaining are severely immuno-compromised or severely mentally impaired.
      So of the latter- I'm not totally convinced they are all of them. They constantly are tracking rates here in Michigan, and Detroit has one of the lowest rates in the state. Given how African Americans have been actually used as experiments over the years, they have good reason to doubt programs like this. And it's not as if they doubt the virus- Detroit was one of the hardest hit cities in the country. So residents are fully aware that the virus is both real and deadly.

(have noticed this after I asked about who isn't being vaccinated)

Comment

On the USG side:

Or under 16. Wait you covered mentally impaired never mind.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Got my second Moderna shot yesterday afternoon and it came with all the worst symptoms by this morning- took the day off to eat ibuprofen which is starting to work well enough to get up and walk around the house.
          Robust immune response, I guess
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            Got my second Moderna shot yesterday afternoon and it came with all the worst symptoms by this morning- took the day off to eat ibuprofen which is starting to work well enough to get up and walk around the house.
            Robust immune response, I guess
            Oof. Get some rest. Hope you feel better.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have questions, but I don’t want the answers.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I had no wait either time except the required 15 minute sit down after.

continue to feel lucky I was in a state that handled the rollout well all things considered
                Same for me. I received my shots at Roy Wilkins Auditorium, a mass vaccine site.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                  Given how African Americans have been actually used as experiments over the years, they have good reason to doubt programs like this. And it's not as if they doubt the virus- Detroit was one of the hardest hit cities in the country. So residents are fully aware that the virus is both real and deadly.
                  BS. If the vaccines are all just a plot to keep the negroes down, then explain to me why they vaccinated whitey first?

(I worked on the world premiere production of Miss Evers Boys during college, directed by the playwright, David Feldshuh, who was both a practicing physician and director of the Cornell Theater at the time, so I don’t need a history lesson on Tuskegee, in case you were planning to head there. Do many black people doubt the COVID vaccine? Yes. Do they have “good reason” to? No more than a Jewish person should fear a physician named Dr. Schmidt)
                  Last edited by LynahFan; 05-21-2021, 10:37 AM.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Yeah that's just not true. There are loads of people who just can't be arsed. Eliminating as many inconveniences as possible, no matter how small or silly, is the way forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

BS. If the vaccines are all just a plot to keep the negroes down, then explain to me why they vaccinated whitey first?

(I worked on the world premiere production of Miss Evers Boys during college, directed by the playwright, David Feldshuh, who was both a practicing physician and director of the Cornell Theater at the time, so I don’t need a history lesson on Tuskegee, in case you were planning to head there. Do many black people doubt the COVID vaccine? Yes. Do they have “good reason” to? No more than a Jewish person should fear a physician named Dr. Schmidt)
                      I don't agree, but mainly because I don't feel that you or I should be in the business of telling a minority how he or she should feel about something with ... such a checkered past as healthcare.

I hope African Americans all get vaccinated, as I hope all of us do. But I think "we" (society, not just whitey) need to work harder for them on this situation.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• [QUOTE=LynahFan;n3663413]
                        delete
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't agree, but mainly because I don't feel that you or I should be in the business of telling a minority how he or she should feel about something with ... such a checkered past as healthcare.

I hope African Americans all get vaccinated, as I hope all of us do. But I think "we" (society, not just whitey) need to work harder for them on this situation.
                          I'm not telling anyone how they should feel. I'm stating that there are objectively, factually, no "good reasons" why black people should fear this particular vaccine in 2021. The same as there is no "good reason" why I should break out in a sweat when I think about getting an injection or why I should get lightheaded and practically faint every time I actually receive one. Doesn't change the fact that I do feel that way, but there's no good reason why I should.

Comment

• deleted....
                            Last edited by LynahFan; 05-21-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I'm not telling anyone how they should feel. I'm stating that there are objectively, factually, no "good reasons" why black people should fear this particular vaccine in 2021. The same as there is no "good reason" why I should break out in a sweat when I think about getting an injection or why I should get lightheaded and practically faint every time I actually receive one. Doesn't change the fact that I do feel that way, but there's no good reason why I should.
                              Then come up with a way for more people to trust the vaccine. They have been available for a long time in many places, have been put out in roving places, etc. and it's still the lowest vaccine rate in SE MI. Again, this isn't a community that doubts the virus, given how devastating it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Then come up with a way for more people to trust the vaccine. They have been available for a long time in many places, have been put out in roving places, etc. and it's still the lowest vaccine rate in SE MI. Again, this isn't a community that doubts the virus, given how devastating it was.
                                Saw today, someone suggested they break down and then publish the stats of hospitalizations and deaths, those who've had the vaccine against those who haven't.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X