Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.instagram.com/p/CO74cC3D...dium=copy_link

I love being told that I have an irrational fear of a deadly virus by people who are afraid of immigrants, LGBTQ, black & brown people, working women, windmills, vaccines, electric cars, voting by mail, universal healthcare, environmental protections, higher wages & face masks.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Swansong was busy saying yesterday or the day before that any state that followed federal guidelines of lifting mask restrictions was a “stupid state”, and that Massachusetts was taking the smarter route. I think he forgot that y’all like voting for Republicans for Governor...and here we are. I wouldn’t pat yourselves on the back too much.
      I mean, no I didn't say anything of the sort?
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

LePage is who I was thinking of. I was shocked he got re-elected, much less elected in the first place. The Democrat must have been a mouth-breather both elections.
        Lepage is looking at running again in 22.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I like that the CDC moved quickly on this, but remember that the CDC issues guidance, they don't set rules.

Stupid states already lifted mask mandates. Smart ones are looking at it and trying to figure out how to convert scientific guidance into functioning and enforceable laws. MA issued a reasonable statement saying basically "yes we're going to make an announcement real soon, but until then the law remains".
          Trump, is that you? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Lepage is looking at running again in 22.
            Yeah I read that in the morning DKE. Hopefully y’all have figured out how to defeat his sorry, pathetic a-s. RCV will be interesting this time around. Not sure if that’ll be a help or hindrance to Mills.

Comment

Trump, is that you? ;-)
              I know you're smarter than this, so I won't attack here.

But it should have been abundantly obvious that I was speaking about states like Iowa and Texas that lifted mask mandates far before the CDC changed their guidance. States that jumped on this are fine, I merely disagree (for all that disagreement is worth). Even states that recently lifted before the CDC indicated it was safe to aren't who I was speaking about.

But you know that and I don't know why you're being obtuse.

Comment

I know you're smarter than this, so I won't attack here.

But it should have been abundantly obvious that I was speaking about states like Iowa and Texas that lifted mask mandates far before the CDC changed their guidance. States that jumped on this are fine, I merely disagree (for all that disagreement is worth). Even states that recently lifted before the CDC indicated it was safe to aren't who I was speaking about.

But you know that and I don't know why you're being obtuse.
                Honestly, I had no idea that’s what you meant, especially looking back at the context of the conversation. That said, I’ll take your word that the above is what you meant.
                Feel free to “attack”, by the way. I had a patient threaten to kill me with a pen the other day because I placed him on unit restrictions for being an a—hole. There is literally nothing that can be said on here by anyone that would stop me from coming back and posting all of my sometimes controversial opinions.

Comment

• “Most adults display preexisting antibody cross-reactivity against SARS-CoV-2.” …

and that’s not even considering those who have been exposed to it.

https://insight.jci.org/articles/view/146316

Comment

Honestly, I had no idea that’s what you meant, especially looking back at the context of the conversation. That said, I’ll take your word that the above is what you meant.
                    Feel free to “attack”, by the way. I had a patient threaten to kill me with a pen the other day because I placed him on unit restrictions for being an a—hole. There is literally nothing that can be said on here by anyone that would stop me from coming back and posting all of my sometimes controversial opinions.
                    I certainly didn't mean in the literal sense, I just meant that I wasn't going to come out guns a'blazin' on you because you don't deserve it, and I was more confused why you took what I said the way you said it.

Speaking of moron states, the governor of Texas has banned public schools and most other government agencies from requiring masks at all, effective June 4th. This is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      The same humanoids who make farting noises about obesity being a bigger risk than C are the same humanoids who farted that Michelle Obama suggesting kids eat veggies and healthy foods at school is TYRANNY!
                      Can’t tell if this is a serious post? A healthy person’s risk of Covid is statistically 0%.

Obesity is the biggest risk there is for just about EVERY SINGLE serious health issue, like EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Crazy to think that 10% of the population is severely obese.

People who have obesity, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including the following:1,2,3
                      https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/im...cale-small.jpg
                      • All-causes of death (mortality)
                      • High blood pressure (Hypertension)
                      • High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (Dyslipidemia)
                      • Type 2 diabetes
                      • Coronary heart disease
                      • Stroke
                      • Gallbladder disease
                      • Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
                      • Sleep apnea and breathing problems
                      • Many types of cancerexternal icon
                      • Low quality of life
                      • Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders4,5
                      • Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning6

Comment

I certainly didn't mean in the literal sense, I just meant that I wasn't going to come out guns a'blazin' on you because you don't deserve it, and I was more confused why you took what I said the way you said it.

Speaking of moron states, the governor of Texas has banned public schools and most other government agencies from requiring masks at all, effective June 4th. This is just ridiculous.
                        Next Fall is going to be VERY interesting to watch. Basically we'll be back at square one with everything returning to normal. The only difference is that 50-55% of us will be vaccinated. This absolutely can/will become a white, suburban, Republican problem.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Why would anyone ban mask-wearing, other than to just be a dick who's owning the libs?

So you don't like them. So you don't think they work. I get it. What skin is it off your back if some people choose to wear them? Choice, right? isn't that what having "freedums" is all about?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Why? Wear your worthless mask if you want.

You are going to need to get your neurosis in check.
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-18-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Why would anyone ban mask-wearing, other than to just be a dick who's owning the libs?

So you don't like them. So you don't think they work. I get it. What skin is it off your back if some people choose to wear them? Choice, right? isn't that what having "freedums" is all about?
                              You can choose to wear one, rock head.

Pretend time is coming to an end. I would suggest you get over it and try to move on with your life.

But if you all want to pretend that masks work because it makes you feel good, by all means keep pretending. No one is going to stop you.

Remember you are free to get your double vaccine + booster and mask as long as you would like.
                              Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-18-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Why would anyone ban mask-wearing, other than to just be a dick who's owning the libs?

going back on a few posts, it's incredibly ironic to be so tough toward a real killer like a virus, but so very afraid of masks.

Especially for such a simple device that has probably save hundreds of thousands of lives. Even in the face of policy to kill people. Thanks, again, jebbie, for being so enthusiastic about murdering people. Good job- I think terrorist groups would like to hire you. Or the next Stalin or Hitler- you can murder 600,000 people in a country and pretend that it's ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X