Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I think the new CDC guidance is gonna just about do it for mask mandates by June. In MI, I know Whitmer wants 70% of residents to have had at least one vaccine dose before she'll have the Health Dept lift it, but I don't see how it's going to be politically tenable for much longer.
    And just like that, Gov. Whitmer lifts Michgan's mask mandate "for vaccinated people". Effective tomorrow.

No Main Street business is going to demand to see anyone's vaccination card, so that's that.

Comment

And just like that, Gov. Whitmer lifts Michgan's mask mandate "for vaccinated people". Effective tomorrow.

No Main Street business is going to demand to see anyone's vaccination card, so that's that.
      How will everyone know there is a “pandemic” going on if there isn’t any mask theatre?

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Do you also spend an inordinate amount of time telling people who are religious how dumb you think they are? Im sure there are plenty of papers and graphs you could use to disprove god to them.

You'd be a hero!
        Please do not quote the derp.

Thinks of cons as bots. They are, presumably, people, but their brains have been taken over by malware. Do not spread the malware. Unplug the cons from the network and call tech support (mental health professional or FBI depending on level of "conservatism").
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Honestly there isnt much reason to keep them anymore. The smart ones will be smart and the stupid ones will die. The mandate won't stop that now...

MN is gonna drop theirs too and we still have people in hospitals because they refuse vaccines. Walz can't afford to keep the mandate forever...he is listening to doctors and doing the best he can same with Whitmer.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Honestly there isnt much reason to keep them anymore. The smart ones will be smart and the stupid ones will die.
            The best thing this country could do now* is open up 100%.

We have an evolutionary opportunity here. Let's not blow this.

* Actually, in 12 days.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2021, 01:40 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Karma. It's... funny.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Favorite paraphrased comment:

"Continuing to wear a mask is a small sacrifice to make, to ensure that there's no possible way I'll ever be mistaken for a Republican."
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  I like that the CDC moved quickly on this, but remember that the CDC issues guidance, they don't set rules.

Stupid states already lifted mask mandates. Smart ones are looking at it and trying to figure out how to convert scientific guidance into functioning and enforceable laws. MA issued a reasonable statement saying basically "yes we're going to make an announcement real soon, but until then the law remains".
                  Maine adopted CDC guidelines. Starts May 24. With no way to tell who is or isn't vaccinated can't see how it makes sense.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The best thing this country could do now* is open up 100%.

We have an evolutionary opportunity here. Let's not blow this.

* Actually, in 12 days.

We do. Vaccinate minors pursuant to applicable medical guidelines and open it up across the board, except in states where the general population has not yet had full opportunity to vaccinate due to supply issues. Let the social venues fill up. Encourage it in states that resisted masking mandates. Budget funds to provide free beer in bars to unmasked, unvaccinated people for a limited but sufficient amount of time.

Sit back and watch nature's voter law work its magic.
                    Last edited by burd; 05-15-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Favorite paraphrased comment:

"Continuing to wear a mask is a small sacrifice to make, to ensure that there's no possible way I'll ever be mistaken for a Republican."
                      Just as I thought the PC Virtue Signalizer, aka dirty face diaper is all about sound “science”

Comment

• Someone has a measurable antibody response and/or TCells. They are immune correct?

someone from the “science” crowd please explain.

Comment

• I saw a stat that said Cleveland Clinics did a survey of their system and something like 99.7% of all hospitalized covid patients now were not vaccinated.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Karma. It's... funny.
                            Maher is more concerned that he's losing camera time than he is about getting the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Honestly there isnt much reason to keep them anymore. The smart ones will be smart and the stupid ones will die. The mandate won't stop that now...

MN is gonna drop theirs too and we still have people in hospitals because they refuse vaccines. Walz can't afford to keep the mandate forever...he is listening to doctors and doing the best he can same with Whitmer.
                              Yeah, this was one I actually agreed with or at least understood.

The dam broke when the CDC said no masks for vaccinated. You can't stand there and principle your way out of the wall of water. Evacuate to higher ground and know you warned people.

I would have liked to see a firm hold at 70% then the mandate goes away. But not happening.

and that said, the large scale (200,000+) show this vaccine is ridiculously good. The study out of Bahrain (or was it UAE?) showed that Pfizer was something like 97% effective against b117 and b1351 against hospitalization. Plus, in countries we've seen hit 50-60%, it just falls off a cliff.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I saw a stat that said Cleveland Clinics did a survey of their system and something like 99.7% of all hospitalized covid patients now were not vaccinated.
                                Shocked, I tell you.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X