Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    No Alaska cruises anytime soon with Canada closing their borders still.
    Cruises out of Seattle are available in July from what I've seen, whether they really happen or not ??
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

as someone that lives in a small town that gets hundreds of cruise ship visits a year (sometimes more cruise ship visitors than actual residents in town on a given day)

I ****ing hope so
      Don't businesses in Bar Harbor depend on those ships?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

It's not even really up to them, it's up to any country they plan to dock in. Most countries (Canada included) require ALL passengers to comply with whatever vaccination rules they have or the ship cannot dock.

So moron Trump wannabe governors can pass all the laws they want, but if Princess Cruises or Holland America wants to dock in Puerto Rico, Canada or any of the island nations in the Caribbean, they're going to need to require vaccinations that meet the strictest rules.

Also, and I ask this rhetorically, I thought the GQP was all for businesses to decide for themselves? Except this. Or wedding cakes for gay marriages. Or anything else the hypocrites don't like.
        Technically, no cruise ship that is worth talking about can cruise between Florida and Puerto Rico without going to a foreign port. Just one, but there has to be a port open....

But I'm sure they will have issues with other independent countries following their own rules because it does not line up with the Racists.

Comment

as someone that lives in a small town that gets hundreds of cruise ship visits a year (sometimes more cruise ship visitors than actual residents in town on a given day)

I ****ing hope so
          You know, the community has a choice whether they let them in, right? Well, unless you are in Florida- since Key West had a popular vote to not let cruises stop there, and it was overridden... But I figure Maine is more sane than that.

Love Bar Harbor, but I would totally understand if the locals ended it.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Cruises out of Seattle are available in July from what I've seen, whether they really happen or not ??
            From what I hear- they are looking to get a waiver from the law I mentioned a few posts back- so they would not stop in Canada. Not sure if that will fly or not.

But with Alaska suing the CDC, sure sounds like the oil revenue they all get in Alaska isn't as important as the tourist money.

Comment

• Healthy person with a healthy weight and zero comorbidities. They test for active antibodies.

Do they need to take the vaccine now?

If so why?
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-06-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Looking at the Vaccine card, what on it actually proves that someone was vaccinated? Like what can be tied to that person's identity?

I seriously believe that the DERP will just start photoshopping their own cards and be done with it. I mean, I and filled out my name and other info on mine, so....

Not saying I don't support the idea. I do. I just think that DERP will use their 4 brain cells to just skate around the system.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• There will be apps. They already exist. Plus your pharmacy has your records.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You know, the community has a choice whether they let them in, right? Well, unless you are in Florida- since Key West had a popular vote to not let cruises stop there, and it was overridden... But I figure Maine is more sane than that.

Love Bar Harbor, but I would totally understand if the locals ended it.
                    there are two factions in town — those that hate cruise ships (or at least want the number cut down to something closer to 50/yr vs ~240/yr) and those that are super hostile to anyone that even hits at changing the status quo because they make money off tourists. The tourism industry has too much power right now.

Bar Harbor is the only town on Mount Desert Island that allows cruise ships. Northeast Harbor and Southwest Harbor banned them (after a trial run of one ship in Northeast Harbor).

Comment

there are two factions in town — those that hate cruise ships (or at least want the number cut down to something closer to 50/yr vs ~240/yr) and those that are super hostile to anyone that even hits at changing the status quo because they make money off tourists. The tourism industry has too much power right now.

Bar Harbor is the only town on Mount Desert Island that allows cruise ships. Northeast Harbor and Southwest Harbor banned them (after a trial run of one ship in Northeast Harbor).
                      Keeping on the tangent- unfortunately Bar Harbor is one of the best ports on any Canadian related trip. We've been to pretty much all NE/Canada ports- including ones on the St. Lawrence- Bar Harbor is one of the best of all.... Sorry that you live in such a great place where sailing in is an easy access. Could be worse- have you been to Smoky Mountain NP recently? There are so many people there all the time, finding parking is almost impossible. Being so remote is good that the tourists are almost all cruisers, but that also means that most tourists are just cruisers (meaning they are not there overnight...).

Comment

I strongly agree with you. Tourism as a means to help the economy is incredibly overrated.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I strongly agree with you. Tourism as a means to help the economy is incredibly overrated.
                          To help the economy, sure. But to BE the economy is something else- according to this- https://datausa.io/profile/geo/bar-harbor-me of the ~1000 employed in Bar Harbor, the largest sector is Accommodation and Food Service with just over 230 people, and then Retail Sales of 148. Forgive me for thinking that most of that is to support tourists. Which is to say that largest sector of the economy of Bar Harbor is tourism by employment.

Which is what happens when you are parked next to a National Park.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

To help the economy, sure. But to BE the economy is something else- according to this- https://datausa.io/profile/geo/bar-harbor-me of the ~1000 employed in Bar Harbor, the largest sector is Accommodation and Food Service with just over 230 people, and then Retail Sales of 148. Forgive me for thinking that most of that is to support tourists. Which is to say that largest sector of the economy of Bar Harbor is tourism by employment.

Which is what happens when you are parked next to a National Park.
                            Nah, the lab drives the economy on the island and their work is super, super, super important.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Nah, the lab drives the economy on the island and their work is super, super, super important.
                              So you would throw about 40% of the workers out just because? Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Looking at the Vaccine card, what on it actually proves that someone was vaccinated? Like what can be tied to that person's identity?

I seriously believe that the DERP will just start photoshopping their own cards and be done with it. I mean, I and filled out my name and other info on mine, so....

Not saying I don't support the idea. I do. I just think that DERP will use their 4 brain cells to just skate around the system.
                                Almost every state has an immunization registry so there's that, plus all entities administering it will have some sort of EHR. Plus your doctor's office can query the state registry or document it locally as evidence.

The idea that we're going to ban these passports simply flies in the face of current realities. But hey, since when have the covidiots been bothered by reality?
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X