Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science. Pfft. What did science ever do for us? God put these devices in our hands, not science.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Is Jeb worried the vaccine will make him more autistic?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Thing is, everything I've heard so far says that as bad as things are there, when adjusted for population size, they still aren't as bad as they were here in the US at its peak.

You know, back when everything was great, it was no big deal, and we needed to be reopening.
        Kepler answered, but I think the undercounting in India is far, far greater than even here in the early days.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Modi will fudge the numbers just like Xi, Abbott, and DeSantis. No one wants to be #1 in this particular category.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Is Jeb worried the vaccine will make him more autistic?
            He posted a pic mocking those who’ve gotten the vaccine as being beholden to Pfizer’s science. Because Pfizer clearly invented this issue and its miracle cure, or some such BS.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

He posted a pic mocking those who’ve gotten the vaccine as being beholden to Pfizer’s science. Because Pfizer clearly invented this issue and its miracle cure, or some such BS.
              If this vaccine makes it so I don't get sick and die from this virus, I will gladly be beholden to Pfizer's science.

Only a ****ing idiot wouldn't be. Oh, wait.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Science. Pfft. What did science ever do for us? God put these devices in our hands, not science.
                You mean like ignoring someone that has had a virus and has measurable antibodies.

like that kind of “science.”

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

If this vaccine makes it so I don't get sick and die from this virus, I will gladly be beholden to Pfizer's science.

Only a ****ing idiot wouldn't be. Oh, wait.
                  Actually it mocks those who have gotten the vaccine and still aren’t satisfied until others have gotten it.

Very nice try you almost got it.

No one has to be in this category. It is a choice although I understand it is difficult for many.

COVID has filtered for certain sociopathic traits and brought them to the fore. The overwhelming desire on the part of many to preach, publicly condemn, and signal virtue has been fulfilled by the pandemic.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-05-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

The goal of people like him have always been to have people be murdered. Hardly shocking that they would mock people who would rather stay alive.

Jeb and all of the Racists like him, like dumpy, are outright murderers. Deny it all you want, jebbie, but when all you do is find reasons that over 600,000 Americans died when they didn't have to, and that you actively do things to increase that number, yea. It's too bad we can't charge you with murder, but there's no doubt that your work have lead to the deaths of many people. Must make your mommy upstairs so proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The goal of people like him have always been to have people be murdered. Hardly shocking that they would mock people who would rather stay alive.

Jeb and all of the Racists like him, like dumpy, are outright murderers. Deny it all you want, jebbie, but when all you do is find reasons that over 600,000 Americans died when they didn't have to, and that you actively do things to increase that number, yea. It's too bad we can't charge you with murder, but there's no doubt that your work have lead to the deaths of many people. Must make your mommy upstairs so proud.
                      Add and point, exhibit #1 ^^

COVID has filtered for certain sociopathic traits and brought them to the fore. The overwhelming desire on the part of many to preach, publicly condemn, and signal virtue has been fulfilled by the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        Kepler answered, but I think the undercounting in India is far, far greater than even here in the early days.
                        Maybe. But it does seem that they are at least pleading for help. As opposed to the US, where dumpy withheld supplies because he wanted to pretend that it was ok. And then people like him and his morons (jebbie- you are the one here) have done everything they could to kill as many Americans as they possibly could.

Also, as has been pointed out, India is hardly a wealthy country with supposedly the best of the best systems. So in stark comparison, most would still point to Dec 2019-Jan2021 as some of the worst days in American history in terms of innocent people dying due to very specific INTENT to do what they did. What happened in the US was not an accident.

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/healt...rts/index.html

This is GREAT news.

A booster shot of Moderna's coronavirus vaccine revs up the immune response against two worrying coronavirus variants, the company reported Wednesday.

And a booster dose formulated specifically to match the B.1.351 variant first seen in South Africa was even more effective, Moderna said in a statement.
                          Moderna tested booster doses of either its current vaccine or a version designed specifically against B.1.351 in 40 people who had already been vaccinated six to eight months before. Blood tests showed half these volunteers had a low antibody response against B.1.351 and the P.1 variant first seen in Brazil before they got the booster shot. Two weeks after the booster, their antibody levels had grown against the so-called wild type coronavirus -- the variant most common around the world -- as well as B.1.351 and P.1, Moderna said in the statement.
                          Also, Pfizer/BioNTech is looking to get authorization for use of their vaccine in 2- to 11-year-olds in September.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Also, as has been pointed out, India is hardly a wealthy country with supposedly the best of the best systems. So in stark comparison, most would still point to Dec 2019-Jan2021 as some of the worst days in American history in terms of innocent people dying due to very specific INTENT to do what they did. What happened in the US was not an accident.
                            With the wealth and technical capabilities we have at our disposal we should have been among the least hard hit countries when it came to covid, not one of the worst. I definitely don't think this was an accident. I think it was hoped by the facists to be a precurser to a civil war. They saw the sacrifice of over a half million Americans as worth it if they could have seen an actual, successful insurrection. They almost got their wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

With the wealth and technical capabilities we have at our disposal we should have been among the least hard hit countries when it came to covid, not one of the worst. I definitely don't think this was an accident. I think it was hoped by the facists to be a precurser to a civil war. They saw the sacrifice of over a half million Americans as worth it if they could have seen an actual, successful insurrection. They almost got their wish.
                              I still think its racial. When it first hit, the administration and the Republicans were all on board doing what they needed to do to help save lives. lockdowns, quick passage of relief and aid bills etc. Then, after a few weeks, it was discovered that the virus was disproportionately effecting the poor and people of color than it was white folks, and suddenly you had the calls for opening back up, Republican intransigence towards more bailouts, the open back up protests at state capitols, the revolts against mask-wearing, etc.

Once white folks figured it was something they didn't really have to worry about, for the most part, they didn't give a crap anymore.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Sounds like the US is going to back IP waivers. I'm really of two minds on this... In the right application, this is a really, really good idea. But it sounds like waiving IP here isn't the issue. It's the actual manufacturing process, the manufacturing engineering expertise, and the raw materials that are in extremely short supply. You could figuratively send copies of the construction documents and manufacturing SOPs to every major pharma company on earth, and you still wouldn't get those plants up and running for a year or two. By then, Moderna and Pfizer will have already scaled up their processes and smoothed out the kinks without putting at risk the incentive to develop new vaccines.

On the other hand, I fully appreciate the need to get this technology out there. mRNA is going to revolutionize vaccines in the next ten years. I predict we will have something like a "universal" flu vaccine within a decade. We may see an end to other infectious diseases. And the real jackpot is a more effective cancer treatment. Holding that tech to just two or three companies could gut the progress we could make for the next 20 years. We have an opportunity and an interest in nations investing in this specific tech right now. Not just companies, nations. Also, my gut says the disincentive to innovate by denying IP protection in this one case is going to be limited. It's the same argument that you disincentivize people's desire to make more money by setting very high top marginal rates. (Because you don't, you still make more money when you make more money.) If Moderna invents a universal flu vaccine, they're going to make serious bank regardless of whether the COVID vaccine is given IP protection. The money doesn't go away, you jus t need to get there fastest. So this move may actually improve the desire to innovate at more aggressive pace.

I also think there's a perfectly reasonable clause somewhere about once-a-century pandemics and telling shareholders and their desire for profits to go **** themselves.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X