Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I am a cynical, decrepit, old hateful ****, and at this point, I absolutely hope everyone who doesn't get this vaccine because of "their freedoms", or the liberal hoax, or to own the libs, gets the virus and dies. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

This country would be a better place.
    I too would have no issue with the covidiots getting sick and dying from covid. None at all. My problem is they don't just make themselves sick. They needlessly infect others. Some who can't get a vaccination. Others maybe who have found getting one far tougher than for most of us. And what about the unfortunate 5 or 6% who have gotten vaccinated, but for whatever reason their body does not develop the immunity. And don't forget the overloaded and overtired health care workers who have to take care of them. We've burdoned those folks far too much over the last year. If the only people getting sick and/or dying were the deniers and the far right who are screaming about their "freedoms" all the time, fine. But it doesn't just stop with them.

Comment

• But at this point, it mostly does. I'm fine with it.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Pardon my ignorance but what is IPL?
        It’s only been around since 2008 but is by far the most entertaining team sport professional league. The broadcast is so well done too.

Imagine how exciting the NHL or MLB would be if you only had eight teams instead of 30.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It’s only been around since 2008 but is by far the most entertaining team sport professional league. The broadcast is so well done too.

Imagine how exciting the NHL or MLB would be if you only had eight teams instead of 30.
          Montreal
          Boston
          Minnesota
          Detroit
          Buffalo
          Toronto
          Ottawa
          Chicago

Done.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Lots of people unmasked in NoLa. Sad because the residents here hate the Trumpers coming to town trying the French Quarter into Florida.

Personally I am over the maskless crap. I get they can infect others and that sucks but we can't hold back anymore hoping things get better. Businesses need to ban these people, schools need to kick their kids out and friends need to shun the Covidiots. They want to whine about Cancel Culture let's show them what really being canceled is.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Lots of people unmasked in NoLa. Sad because the residents here hate the Trumpers coming to town trying the French Quarter into Florida.

Personally I am over the maskless crap. I get they can infect others and that sucks but we can't hold back anymore hoping things get better. Businesses need to ban these people, schools need to kick their kids out and friends need to shun the Covidiots. They want to whine about Cancel Culture let's show them what really being canceled is.
              Covid is the least dangerous thing you can catch in the Quarter.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Most of those diseases aren’t transmitted through the air…
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I was thinking there are bugs in the Quarter that could probably kill COVID.

"There are some parts of New York City I'd advise even the Wehrmacht to stay out of."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought I was going to catch hepatitis after I wasn’t paying attention and stepped in pot hole on Bourbon St and ended up ankle deep in putrid “water”. Good thing I didn’t have any scratches or cuts!

Comment

I am a cynical, decrepit, old hateful ****, and at this point, I absolutely hope everyone who 1. doesn't get this vaccine because of "their freedoms", or the liberal hoax, or to own the libs, gets the virus and dies. 2. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

This country would be a better place.
                      ^^COVID has filtered for certain sociopathic traits and brought them to the fore. The overwhelming desire on the part of many to preach, publicly condemn, and signal virtue has been fulfilled by the pandemic.

1. Healthy people that don't get the vaccine aren't doing it for the reasons that you list. Rather, they have a functioning immune system and don't need a vaccine and boosters for a Cold Virus.

or they have had Covid and have one of the following or combination of acquired immunity, natural immunity, TCell immunity.

You are a science guy right Dufus? Read up there is no excuse for being so stupid.

2. Healthy people aren't playing stupid games and won't get stupid prizes because, Newsflash, they have a functioning immune system.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-04-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• All those healthy people in India are relieved to hear its just a cold.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• https://www.prevention.com/health/a3...y-coronavirus/

How does the novel coronavirus compare to other forms of coronavirus?

The biggest difference lies in the effects and complications COVID-19 can cause in people, including heart problems, lung damage, and symptoms that may linger for months.

The common cold usually results in mild symptoms like a cough, runny nose, and congestion. While SARS-CoV-2 can cause similar symptoms, it can also do much more harm, especially in high-risk groups like the elderly or those who with underlying conditions.

“The frequency with which serious disease occurs with the novel coronavirus is substantially higher than that previously observed with the other coronaviruses that cause the common cold,” Dr. Kulkarni says.

He also points out that the original SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV have higher death rates than COVID-19, but “they did not spread as easily and as widely as SARS-CoV-2 has.”

How to protect yourself (and those around you) during cold and flu season

Many of the steps you would take to protect yourself from COVID-19 can also protect you from contracting the common cold or flu, Dr. Watkins says. The CDC specifically recommends the following:
                          • Get vaccinated against the flu.
                          • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
                          • Avoid attending large gatherings.
                          • Cover your coughs and sneezes.
                          • Wash your hands often with soap and water thoroughly and frequently. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
                          • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
                          • Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with viruses.
                          • Maintain a six-foot distance from people outside of your household.
                          • Wear a face mask when you can not maintain a six-foot distance from others.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            All those healthy people in India are relieved to hear its just a cold.
                            Thing is, everything I've heard so far says that as bad as things are there, when adjusted for population size, they still aren't as bad as they were here in the US at its peak.

You know, back when everything was great, it was no big deal, and we needed to be reopening.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Thing is, everything I've heard so far says that as bad as things are there, when adjusted for population size, they still aren't as bad as they were here in the US at its peak.

You know, back when everything was great, it was no big deal, and we needed to be reopening.
                              This can't be true, though, unless Indians are impervious to disease.

My guess is if reporting is close to 1.0 in countries like Denmark and states like Connecticut, and around 0.5 in countries like Brazil and states like Florida, then in India it's around 0.1.

I would not be surprised if on the day when India reported 400,000 new cases there were in reality 4M new cases.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This can't be true, though, unless Indians are impervious to disease.

My guess is if reporting is close to 1.0 in countries like Denmark and states like Connecticut, and around 0.5 in countries like Brazil and states like Florida, then in India it's around 0.1.

I would not be surprised if on the day when India reported 400,000 new cases there were in reality 4M new cases.
                                This is the thing. Most of India makes Mississippi seem like MS is connected to the world like Tokyo or NYC.

I mean, culture differences and all, they still crap in the streets... Like, yea, that is still a thing in 2021.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X