Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The PRC undercount, tho.

Unimaginable.
    I honestly don't think it was as bad as India.

PRC had three things going for it:
    1. Absolute authoritarian control, infrastructure, and no hesitation to use it
    2. Experience with SARS
    3. A significant portion of their population had no issue with wearing masks because many already did.

India has none of those. Their leaders are less like Putin and more like Dump. Leadership is more distributed whereas it's extremely too heavy in China.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I honestly don't think it was as bad as India.

PRC had three things going for it:
      1. Absolute authoritarian control, infrastructure, and no hesitation to use it
      2. Experience with SARS
      3. A significant portion of their population had no issue with wearing masks because many already did.

India has none of those. Their leaders are less like Putin and more like Dump. Leadership is more distributed whereas it's extremely too heavy in China.
      I think you're right. I can imagine the CPC blockading an entire city and plowing it under to stop an epidemic in its tracks. Murder a million to save ten million.

Hivemind. Those guys hear the Trolley Problem and think, "well, duh."

Last edited by Kepler; 04-28-2021, 11:12 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think you're right. I can imagine the CPC blockading an entire city and plowing it under to stop an epidemic in its tracks. Murder a million to save ten million.

Hivemind. Those guys hear the Trolley Problem and think, "well, duh."
        This is going to get me into trouble. But it's hard to disagree sometimes with their machine-like calculation. It's perfectly suited for a pandemic. I don't think throwing bags over peoples heads and dragging them from their homes is a good idea, but it's effective.

Stupidity isn't tolerated. It's kind of... intoxicating (in a very dangerous way).
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

throwing bags over peoples heads and dragging them from their homes is a good idea... it's effective.

... It's kind of... intoxicating.
          Yes Tucker, this post right here
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

This is going to get me into trouble. But it's hard to disagree sometimes with their machine-like calculation. It's perfectly suited for a pandemic. I don't think throwing bags over peoples heads and dragging them from their homes is a good idea, but it's effective.
            I understand. But... guh.

Last edited by Kepler; 04-28-2021, 11:22 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• When you have a billion people, losing a million here or there is no big deal to the government.

UK PM is in trouble for being willing to lose thousands (65mm pop).
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Give it a couple weeks...
                I don't disagree that it's probably going to fall apart, badly. I was pointing out how alarmed we are for India when WE as a country were not that alarmed when it was worse here. That was and is still quite scary.

I very much feel for India- they are going to see some very dark days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I don't disagree that it's probably going to fall apart, badly. I was pointing out how alarmed we are for India when WE as a country were not that alarmed when it was worse here. That was and is still quite scary.

Plenty of us were alarmed. We just had a sizeable orc population that could not admit their god emperor was a sociopathic incompetent.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post

Yes Tucker, this post right here
                    I mean, nice selective editing. But ok?
                    Code:

Comment

I understand. But... guh.

Like I said, I don't want anything to do with it, but I am acknowledging it's effectiveness.
                      Code:

Comment

Like I said, I don't want anything to do with it, but I am acknowledging it's effectiveness.
                        You should watch the 1945 Isle of the Dead, with Karloff. It explores this (and is also a kickas-s Greek vampire story).
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Uh I dunno where you were but everywhere outside of RWNJ people were definitely alarmed.

And comparing India to us is a joke. We have the means to protect people (many just chose not to) they do not. A virus here can be contained...even when you completely screw it up you can still find a way because we have money, resources and the right allies. India has literally none of that. The amount of poverty they have there is astounding. The population centers are so overpacked 1 person could infect hundreds/thousands in a matter of hours. The rural areas have access to very little. Overall they don't have the beds or oxygen to handle any real kind of outbreak, but something like this would completely destroy what they have.

Add in their fundy leadership and India makes Brazil look like the US. If they don't get some serious help and fast their death numbers are going to be videogame levels.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Uh I dunno where you were but everywhere outside of RWNJ people were definitely alarmed.

And comparing India to us is a joke. We have the means to protect people (many just chose not to) they do not. A virus here can be contained...even when you completely screw it up you can still find a way because we have money, resources and the right allies. India has literally none of that. The amount of poverty they have there is astounding. The population centers are so overpacked 1 person could infect hundreds/thousands in a matter of hours. The rural areas have access to very little. Overall they don't have the beds or oxygen to handle any real kind of outbreak, but something like this would completely destroy what they have.

Add in their fundy leadership and India makes Brazil look like the US. If they don't get some serious help and fast their death numbers are going to be videogame levels.
                            Thank you for making my point to compare the US to India. We are supposed to have the best system, where a virus could be contained, and not screw it up. But we did, really, really badly.

I do expect it to get much, much worse, but the comparison was meant to remind us how crappy we did handle it, and how much resistance were there to even handle it in the worst of times. Just under half of this country call themselves Racists, and they fought pretty much every action, even done by their own leaders. Thanks to that, the richest, most powerful country in the world had some of the highest death rates on the planet- comparable to India (so far).

If that does not wake up R's in the country, nothing will- and we should just let them have their own state and country to ruin.

Comment

• Handy is 100% right. I need a drink.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

This is what happens when population growth goes more or less unchecked without the critical infrastructure to support it. China has like 10 NYCs. India has three. It's just bad population and infrastructure management.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X