Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Vaccine passports. Simple.
    That'll never fly. People won't wear masks. But they're gonna be ok with restricted movement based on government tracking of a vaccine?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

That'll never fly. People won't wear masks. But they're gonna be ok with restricted movement based on government tracking of a vaccine?
      We won't have anything so formal, but the fact is almost every cruise company, travel agency, airline, probably a lot of hotel chains, Disney and a host of other leisure activities are going to require documented proof of vaccinations.

People are welcome to "exercise their choice" to be staggeringly ignorant and not get vaccinated but they're going to find that their world is pretty small.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Shutting it down is insane. Appears to be young women related. So give that group a different vaccine and give J and J to the rest of us. I guess I'm glad I got mine done yesterday. My daughter is in that group and got J and J on Saturday. She looked at the math and is not worried about it.
        Yeah, I think the most they should have done is pause it's use for women of child bearing age for now "out of an abundance of caution".

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

We won't have anything so formal, but the fact is almost every cruise company, travel agency, airline, probably a lot of hotel chains, Disney and a host of other leisure activities are going to require documented proof of vaccinations.

People are welcome to "exercise their choice" to be staggeringly ignorant and not get vaccinated but they're going to find that their world is pretty small.
          I hope this happens. I know I sure as **** don't want to be around unvaccinated people and I think the vast majority of folks feel same way as me.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Agreed. I thought I read in the article that this was a particularly rare clotting syndrome though. Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. It also mentioned this required something other than heparin to treat, which caught my eye.

from Dr. Wiki:
            Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis is rare, with an estimated 3-4 cases per million annual incidence in adults. While it may occur in all age groups, it is most common in the third decade. 75% are female. Given that older studies show no difference in incidence between men and women, it has been suggested that the use of?? oral contraceptives?? in women is behind the disparity between the sexes.

so in other words, 7 million people have gotten the vaccine, six people developed clots. We'd expect 21-28 people to develop clots in a group of similar size. I'd say there's evidence the vaccine helps prevent clots ;-)
            3-4 cases per million per year. It's been less than a year, so we'd expect fewer than 21-28.

Based on what you quoted, 75% of these types of clots occur in women, and it's assumed the disparity is caused by oral contraceptives. Considering all of these clots in the group vaccinated with J&J occurred in women aged 18-48, I think the right thing to do would be to pause for women of child bearing age while they find out if these clots were caused by oral contraceptives or the vaccine.

Comment

Tell them it is like a gun license...they will be fine. If the FREEDUMBERS!1!1! can't handle it they cant ****ing leave I am done with them. That includes the Armed Forces where like 40% of Marines havent taken the shot. **** them.

I doubt the J&J news will stop people from getting the vaccine...J&J was the one people seemed to trust the least anyways. We should have more than enough Pfizer and Moderna at this point to cover until things are figured out.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Mookie took his first Pfizer jab like a man today ;-)
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Tell them it is like a gun license...they will be fine.
                  I take it you've never heard of "constitutional carry?" Gun licenses are definitely not fine with the hard core freedumberers.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Tens of millions of people were already not going to get the vaccine.

I think we're going to hit a point here in early to mid-May where it'll be as easy to get a Covid shot in this country as it is to buy a bag of chips. You'll be able to walk in and get one. We'll be begging people to get the shots, and we'll be at about 50% of the public vaccinated.

At that point, politicians are going to have a very interesting problem on their hands. There is still going to be Covid and hospitalizations and deaths, and maybe still at decent rates, but no one will be getting vaccinated anymore in any sort of volume. So now what do they do? Open things up fully?
                    At that point everyone will be fully open and if you didn't get vaccinated for political/conspiratorial or pseudo-scientific reasons, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Yep. If you aren't getting the shot, you'd better be the type happy to sit at home or take a driving or camping vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        I take it you've never heard of "constitutional carry?" Gun licenses are definitely not fine with the hard core freedumberers.
                        Well they werent getting the vaccine anyways so I guess I dont see what all of the handwringing is all about.

The J&J announcement is not going to convince anyone who was waiting to get a shot it is a bad idea. It might convince them to avoid THAT shot but the only people who won't get a shot are the ones who never wanted to get a shot.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What if we made a national Voter ID card that happened to have vaccination info on it?
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

What if we made a national Voter ID card that happened to have vaccination info on it?
                            You misspelled "chip." :-)
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

As long as bipoc dont have access to it, they may take that deal.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Well they werent getting the vaccine anyways so I guess I dont see what all of the handwringing is all about.

The J&J announcement is not going to convince anyone who was waiting to get a shot it is a bad idea. It might convince them to avoid THAT shot but the only people who won't get a shot are the ones who never wanted to get a shot.
                                I think there are a decent amount of people, say 10-20%, who were on the fence before this news. This likely pushes some of them into the camp of not getting the vaccine.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X