Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six cases of blood clotting. No public data on age or underlying conditions.

Talking heads this morning on CNBC mention that if its found to only clot in young people, J&J may be administered to older population only like the AstraZeneca is in Great Britian.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Are these drug companies continuing to develop vaccine boosters or newer versions for when it's determined the current ones we have all been taking don't work against the variants?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Are these drug companies continuing to develop vaccine boosters or newer versions for when it's determined the current ones we have all been taking don't work against the variants?
        They’ve been working on them since day one. The scientists aren’t the issue.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• You're still about a billion times more likely to get a clot from COVID
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Six cases of blood clotting. No public data on age or underlying conditions.

Talking heads this morning on CNBC mention that if its found to only clot in young people, J&J may be administered to older population only like the AstraZeneca is in Great Britian.
            All women, between 18 and 48 years of age.

You know what else can cause blood clots? Birth control, but it's still used by millions of women every day.

Comment

• Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                there is a decent chance these women were also taking birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You're still about a billion times more likely to get a clot from COVID
                  Our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot really is amazing. This gives tens of millions of people a great out as far as not getting a vaccine.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Based on the numbers, it's literally one in a million. With covid, it's one in eight. I'd get the shot tomorrow.
                    Code:

Comment

• Pausing vaccines is just going to destroy public confidence. Why are our leaders such idiots? Particularly given the extreme rarity of these side effects.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• We are so bad at math and at risk analysis
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Shutting it down is insane. Appears to be young women related. So give that group a different vaccine and give J and J to the rest of us. I guess I'm glad I got mine done yesterday. My daughter is in that group and got J and J on Saturday. She looked at the math and is not worried about it.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot really is amazing. This gives tens of millions of people a great out as far as not getting a vaccine.
                            Tens of millions of people were already not going to get the vaccine.

I think we're going to hit a point here in early to mid-May where it'll be as easy to get a Covid shot in this country as it is to buy a bag of chips. You'll be able to walk in and get one. We'll be begging people to get the shots, and we'll be at about 50% of the public vaccinated.

At that point, politicians are going to have a very interesting problem on their hands. There is still going to be Covid and hospitalizations and deaths, and maybe still at decent rates, but no one will be getting vaccinated anymore in any sort of volume. So now what do they do? Open things up fully?
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

there is a decent chance these women were also taking birth control
                              Agreed. I thought I read in the article that this was a particularly rare clotting syndrome though. Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. It also mentioned this required something other than heparin to treat, which caught my eye.

from Dr. Wiki:
                              Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis is rare, with an estimated 3-4 cases per million annual incidence in adults. While it may occur in all age groups, it is most common in the third decade. 75% are female. Given that older studies show no difference in incidence between men and women, it has been suggested that the use ofÃ? oral contraceptivesÃ? in women is behind the disparity between the sexes.

so in other words, 7 million people have gotten the vaccine, six people developed clots. We'd expect 21-28 people to develop clots in a group of similar size. I'd say there's evidence the vaccine helps prevent clots ;-)
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Tens of millions of people were already not going to get the vaccine.

I think we're going to hit a point here in early to mid-May where it'll be as easy to get a Covid shot in this country as it is to buy a bag of chips. You'll be able to walk in and get one. We'll be begging people to get the shots, and we'll be at about 50% of the public vaccinated.

At that point, politicians are going to have a very interesting problem on their hands. There is still going to be Covid and hospitalizations and deaths, and maybe still at decent rates, but no one will be getting vaccinated anymore in any sort of volume. So now what do they do? Open things up fully?
                                Vaccine passports. Simple.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X