Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well how about this for a farking roller coaster. The journal article doesn't quite say what I read from the media sources. Ffs. How do they get this SO WRONG?

https://twitter.com/sternlab/status/...665792001?s=21
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Well how about this for a farking roller coaster. The journal article doesn't quite say what I read from the media sources. Ffs. How do they get this SO WRONG?

Some media people are really enjoying their roles as doomsayers.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Well how about this for a farking roller coaster. The journal article doesn't quite say what I read from the media sources. Ffs. How do they get this SO WRONG?

Yeah I saw that yesterday. small group, not peer reviewed

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Yeah I saw that yesterday. small group, not peer reviewed
          But there was 1 breakthrough case of the British variant and 8 whopping breakthrough cases of the SA variant (out of millions and millions vaccinated), so "THE VACCINE IS INEFFECTIVE AGAINST THE SA VARIANT. YOU'RE 8X AS VULNERABLE!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!!"

Yeah, no. Get your shots and shut up.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

But there was 1 breakthrough case of the British variant and 8 whopping breakthrough cases of the SA variant (out of millions and millions vaccinated), so "THE VACCINE IS INEFFECTIVE AGAINST THE SA VARIANT. YOU'RE 8X AS VULNERABLE!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!!"

Yeah, no. Get your shots and shut up.
            I think a lot of people don’t understand that the vaccines are much more effective collectively than they are individually. Once I’m fully vaccinated I’m going to still be pretty careful until cases come way down.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think a lot of people don’t understand that the vaccines are much more effective collectively than they are individually. Once I’m fully vaccinated I’m going to still be pretty careful until cases come way down.
              Yes, absolutely. Unfortunately, that just doesn't compute for an entire political movement whose sole organizing principle is "MINE! MINE! MINE!"

My 3-year-old shares better than the GQP. So, for that matter, does my 20-month-old.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

This, entirely this.

We've failed miserably in this country to teach basic human health information, and this entire pandemic is evidence of that.

These statements, which we hear constantly from all over, are 100% born out of ignorance:
                • I am healthy and will recover, I don't need the vaccine.
                • I prefer to tune my immune system naturally, not artificially with vaccines.
                • If I can still get the virus after taking the vaccine, what's the point?
                • I'll be fine, so I don't need to worry about spreading it.
                • But it was rushed!!!1!1

This is decades of not educating ourselves on basic health matters, and instead listening to religious and political leaders. This is the culmination of The Death of Expertise (ironically written in The Federalist): https://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17...-of-expertise/
                Last edited by Swansong; 04-12-2021, 09:57 AM.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This, entirely this.

We've failed miserably in this country to teach basic human health information, and this entire pandemic is evidence of that.

[/URL]
                  They like you all nice and plump. But yeah they love you and care about your health.

CDC: 80% hospitalized, needing ventilation, or died from #COVID were overweight or obese. (42% in US are obese; 70% overweight - most low in vitamins A & D.)

When it comes to "basic human health information." Healthy people who take care of themselves are just the best.
                  • Don't get sick, don't take up hospital beds.
                  • Don't take up resources. Which is good because we need many in this country of unhealthy people that don't want to take care of themselves but apparently want to take care of everyone else.

And just for good measure. Masks don't work to stop the spread of infectious diseases such as SARS-CoV-2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...4/#!po=65.3846

#CovidZombies #CovidIsReligion

Comment

• Getting shot #1 today.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Some media people are really enjoying their roles as doomsayers.
                      Some? Pretty much all of them since Biden isn't causing Twitter to explode every 12 seconds. They have to fill the vacuum somehow.

That is awesome Scoob!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This, entirely this.

These statements, which we hear constantly from all over, are 100% born out of ignorance:
                        • I am healthy and will recover, I don't need the vaccine.
                        • I prefer to tune my immune system naturally, not artificially with vaccines.
                        • If I can still get the virus after taking the vaccine, what's the point?
                        • I'll be fine, so I don't need to worry about spreading it.
                        • But it was rushed!!!1!1

This is decades of not educating ourselves on basic health matters, and instead listening to religious and political leaders. This is the culmination of The Death of Expertise (ironically written in The Federalist): https://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17...-of-expertise/
                        It’s also the libertarian/freedom mentality that infects the dopes. This was mentioned several times in the grad classes I had comparing different countries health systems.

also happens that many of these freedom loving dolts are ok listening to crackpot religious leaders

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Im getting J&J tomorrow. Wife got her shot today.
                          Saturday (day after) was rough. But, recovered by Sunday. I can see why you dont need 2 shots.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Getting shot #1 today.
                            Shot 1 is only shot I need. Turns out they gave me Johnson and Johnson. All done.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Johnson & Johnson Vaccine: US Calls for Pause After Blood Clotting Cases (msn.com)

Apparently the same reaction as AstraZenica's
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                You might as well just stop offering it. Given how many people die or get severely sick from Covid not sure how wise of a move this was. This also will likely discourage folks from getting Moderna or Pfizer as well.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X