Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

You’re the first I’ve heard say that.

we had 30 nurses at work get moderna and 29 of them were knocked the F out after moderna day 2. My sister just got knocked out by moderna 2 also.

I know of very few people who were knocked out like that after second Pfizer but I’m sure they exist
    Add my wife to that Moderna 2 list. She was death warmed over the day after her second shot.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• No issues with Pfizer doses for me, and my girlfriend is 1 into the same without an issue.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The "side" effects of the sanitizing movement are so good, I wish they didn't publish that. Norovirus is spread from touching mostly, so keeping clean and whatnot saves a lot of people getting really sick. And while cruise ships are the poster child of that, it really happens out in the real world- we had a forced visit to family when someone had to go to the hospital due to noro passing through the city. Of course, we both got it, too.
        Pretty sure I got norovirus a couple years ago from a pizza buffet. Nothing like using shared serving utensils and then eating with your hands.

As for vaccine, I'm on team Pfizer, with dose 2 hopefully on April 20. Just a sore arm after dose 1.

Now that Michigan has made everyone 16+ eligible, I have to get the hubby signed up.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

• I am guessing that no matter the shot the people who got hit hardest would have gotten it bad after shot 2...but that is just a guess.

My arm is sore and feel like I am on the last day of a cold. Little foggy, definitely fatigued but not to the point that I couldn't work if I had to. Gonna still relax much of the day but will go for walks as a test.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Add my wife to that Moderna 2 list. She was death warmed over the day after her second shot.
            Both the wife and I were in a daze for a day after Moderna 2, but that was it. But I agree, I've heard more bad reaction anecdotes to Moderna than Pfizer.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Good. Very good. I've not been looking forward to the shots but this gives me some hope that I might miss the trauma many are getting.

I'm not sure if The Olds are feeling it harder or not.
              Both of my parents as well as both of my wife's parents had little to no side effects from Moderna 2. There is hope. :-)
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Both of my parents as well as both of my wife's parents had little to no side effects from Moderna 2. There is hope. :-)
                It's great having the double benefit of oldie wisdom and limited vax effects. Almost unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Been hearing this for awhile but I guess its official now https://www.yahoo.com/news/end-the-h...173440864.html
                  Guess that gallon of hand sanitizer I bought last spring will last the rest of my life
                  Place where I got my shot just reeked of alcohol/hand sanitizer.

Personally, I can't use that stuff, primarily for the smell, and that it dries out my hands.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Challenger007 View Post

Here you are right. If the idiots haven’t realized in a year that they need to observe the mask regime and keep their distance, then they will not reach it even in 20 years. There is no point in wasting your strength and trying to convince.
                    The next pandemic crisis is gonna be something to see, when it happens. I hold no hope for a good outcome.

Comment

• I've read that the Moderna is about triple the dose of Pfizer, likely unnecessarily so, but it's what they used during the trial. Wonder if that plays into the side effects being different.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

The next pandemic crisis is gonna be something to see, when it happens. I hold no hope for a good outcome.
                        White evangelicals are the group most likely to say they are refusing to get the vaccine.

Problem solves itself.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

White evangelicals are the group most likely to say they are refusing to get the vaccine.

Problem solves itself.
                          God will save them.

He didn't save those other 560,000 people, but he's sure to save them. Cause they believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Been hearing this for awhile but I guess its official now https://www.yahoo.com/news/end-the-h...173440864.html
                            Guess that gallon of hand sanitizer I bought last spring will last the rest of my life
                            That headline is clickbait. If you read the actual Science Brief from CDC, it concludes:

"People can be infected with SARS-CoV-2 through contact with surfaces. However, based on available epidemiological data and studies of environmental transmission factors, surface transmission is not the main route by which SARS-CoV-2 spreads, and the risk is considered to be low. The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus. In most situations, cleaning surfaces using soap or detergent, and not disinfecting, is enough to reduce risk. Disinfection is recommended in indoor community settings where there has been a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 24 hours. The risk of fomite transmission can be reduced by wearing masks consistently and correctly, practicing hand hygiene, cleaning, and taking other measures to maintain healthy facilities."

Disinfecting is still recommended when there has been a suspected case.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Whatever happened to the Pandemic Playbook Obama left for Trump? Did Trump literally throw it away? Was there only one copy? Here's hoping that playbook exists and will be used for future pandemics. Hopefully it will be updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

God will save them.

He didn't save those other 560,000 people, but he's sure to save them. Cause they believe.
                                Those Holocaust victims know what they did.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X