Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Minnesota has active cases at 752 schools right now
    A week after kids and their families are returning from spring break at the private school where my wife works...one kindergartner tested positive for COVID-19, and the admin is trying to decide if that entire grade needs to be sent home. 5yo kids aren’t great at social distancing.

Also noted, a large smattering of kids in the rest of the school (K-12) are also testing positive. Prior to this outbreak, they’d had all of four cases confirmed the entire school year. People are dropping their guards, and probably don’t realize that B117 can be more active in children for both spread and symptomatic illness than the original strain.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Yeah we got most of the olds vaccinated...and this variant takes out the young. Well done

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Yeah we got most of the olds vaccinated...and this variant takes out the young. Well done
        Are they fetuses cause if not the GOP won't care...

In other news: https://twitter.com/kare11/status/1379108771176312834

State Fairgrounds to host federal mass vaccination site targeting 100,000 vulnerable Minnesotans.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The CDC in the last month or two should have done a lot better job defining what is safe and unsafe for folks who are vaccinated and not vaccinated. Obviously there are a lot of issues with states but think the CDC has shot itself in the foot not being clear on how big of a difference being vaccinated makes.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            The CDC in the last month or two should have done a lot better job defining what is safe and unsafe for folks who are vaccinated and not vaccinated. Obviously there are a lot of issues with states but think the CDC has shot itself in the foot not being clear on how big of a difference being vaccinated makes.
            Like what? They’ve been saying for vaccinated people to stay masked in public, but that they can gather with other vaccinated people in private without wearing masks. How much more direct do they need to be?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Like what? They’ve been saying for vaccinated people to stay masked in public, but that they can gather with other vaccinated people in private without wearing masks. How much more direct do they need to be?
              Yeah, I don't feel misled, misinformed, or negligently uninformed.

Comment

• AFAIK masks have never been off the menu. Except by all the idiots around me. Me? I have consistently wore one and still do.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Osterholm is saying we need to shut it down now or B117 is going to make the other waves look like childplay.
                  Osterholm is a complete quack. Whatever happened to his Covid Hurricane?

Newsflash, MN hospitals haven’t been overwhelmed. In fact outside of last Spring they have been at normal levels.

Another Newsflash, Lockdowns don’t work. We now have a year plus worth of data to confirm.

Newsflash, Covid needs 24/7 marketing and a mask visual to ensure everyone knows there is a “pandemic” going on out there.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 04-05-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    AFAIK masks have never been off the menu. Except by all the idiots around me. Me? I have consistently wore one and still do.
                    Masks don’t work, to stop a virus.

Try wearing a couple though.
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 04-05-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Believe the idiot or the CDC? I pick the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Believe the idiot or the CDC? I pick the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
                        When you have a minute share a double blind study of masks working. I have about 15 showing they don’t.

Cool the same CDC that said everyone needed to go on a vent last Spring. That worked great

The CDC that said to isolate the elderly for months. That was brilliant.

The CDC that scrapped decades worth of proven pandemic response and research for a bunch of Quack Science. Definitely nailed that one.

Stay inside, wear 2-3 masks, and be afraid of people breathing, especially the healthy ones, they are the scariest. Don’t worry the CDC has your back they care about your health and will let you know when you can come outside.

#CovidZombie
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 04-05-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Aaah, yes, more idiocy. Here is an article that refutes EVERYTHING. Wear a mask. Protect yourself and the people around you. More than not getting it I don't want to give it to anyone else.

One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols.

But the strongest evidence in favor of masks come from studies of real-world scenarios. “The most important thing are the epidemiologic data,” said Rutherford. Because it would be unethical to assign people to not wear a mask during a pandemic, the epidemiological evidence has come from so-called “experiments of nature.”

A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.
                          https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Comment

Aaah, yes, more idiocy. Here is an article that refutes EVERYTHING. Wear a mask. Protect yourself and the people around you. More than not getting it I don't want to give it to anyone else.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
                            You have been pretending you have Covid for over a year? Wow that impressive, delusional but impressive none the less.

show me a scientific double blind study, I will wait.

At least you have your virtue. I guess that is something.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I’m talking more along the lines of going to the gym, going to a sporting event, going to a movie. If you’ve been vaccinated those things are significantly safer than if you haven’t been. For me that bit has been way undersold. And I’m not saying that they should tell people they absolutely can or can’t do those things. Clearly that wouldn’t work.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Just got back from getting my first shot - huzzah!! I'm eligible as of today. Last Friday I got an email from the state telling me that although I pre-registered, there isn't an appointment available for me yet. :bangs head on desk: My SIL works at a hospital and they were allowing family - my brother got his this morning and my two nieces got theirs on Friday. Which, I get because my SIL could get them in but seeing them post that they got their first shot moments after getting the email from the state, I got really upset. I texted my brother to ask him to ask his wife and an hour later, she texted me the confirmation. I need to send her flowers.

When I filled out the sheet when I got there, it still had the previous age group listed on there from last week. I crossed it out, put my age group. It's like my group is an afterthought. I was worried because on April 19, they open it up to EVERYONE 16+ and if I didn't have my appointment by them I would have gone mad. Waiting to see how long it takes me to hear from the state about the appointment from them I pre-registered for.

Comment

Working...
                                X