Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    She didn't have to ballswaggle him like she was you with your beloved Suzie, either.

https://twitter.com/donwinslow/statu...adly-complicit
    Anyone who thinks she couldn’t have done anything different is such a good little German.

Comment

• She was in an impossible position, but so was Fauci and so were several others that didn't cowtow to him like this. I have little sympathy for her.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• As a retail employee, I am eligible, so I am going today.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

You can't schedule until you're eligible. The "eligible" date is for scheduling.
          No, the eligible date is when I can get it. If I can get the vaccine on April 5, I need to be able to schedule it prior to that date. I'm hoping that since they release appointments every Thursday, I will get my notification on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

She didn't have to quit...she also didn't have to go on TV and repeatedly lie. The problem isnt that she stuck around, the problem is that it was quite clear she wasn't fighting to do what is right while she was there. Her whole goal was to up her profile and stop Scott Atlas.

Compare her to Fauci who stuck around but made sure the right info got out there ASAP. he never went on cable news and talked about how Trump was super smart and was well informed on COVID and the work being done to fight it. She did that AFTER he made comments about injecting bleach into patients. (weeks after I believe)

She gets no priase, no forgiveness and she can fade away. She isnt the problem, she is a symptom of the problem.
            Just listen to this ***** sell it

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonCharle...45543829196802

Comment

• Going on day 6 of showing symptoms. Every time I cough it feels like my lungs are being dragged over burning coals. Temperature spikes up and down and very lightheaded every time I try to stand. Haven’t eaten anything significant in days, and I’m very tired. Hopefully the corner is being turned, but this is terrible.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else posted this from SNL yet, but it was pretty great.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  I'm eligible today (in Florida). There's no central clearinghouse for appointments, of course - you have to search individually at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Publix (regional grocery store), etc. None of them have appointments in my area (populated by educated people from other places). *Plenty* of appointments available in Central Florida (swamps) and the panhandle (East Alabama)....
                  My 85 year-old grandfather in Port Charlotte (fairly red area) is still waiting. Of course, he lacks the technical know-how to schedule anything online so who knows how much of that is his own fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Not sure if anyone else posted this from SNL yet, but it was pretty great.
                    I lost it at Kenan as Biggie. That was brilliant.

Also: man, there is a lot of genuine anger in that piece. Boomers are like whites: enjoy your privilege because when the worm turns, in the words of Louis C.K., "we're not just dropping to second."
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

My 85 year-old grandfather in Port Charlotte (fairly red area) is still waiting. Of course, he lacks the technical know-how to schedule anything online so who knows how much of that is his own fault.
                      Yeah, but way too close to the coast. Too many humans living there.

I really wish I could screenshot the "availability" screen on the Publix website. They only have available appointments in 11 counties (out of 67 in Florida), 10 of which are in the Panhandle or are touching the state of Georgia. The only one not in those categories is Ocala county (right in the middle), an hour north of Orlando.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

She was in an impossible position, but so was Fauci and so were several others that didn't cowtow to him like this. I have little sympathy for her.
                        It wasn't an impossible decision. If her job meant either she look the other way while politicos passed on bad information, or she pass on bad information herself, she could have quit and let one of Donnie's ballwashers do that. Instead, she chose to stay, and do it herself.

If she wanted to get the right information out there, she could have stepped outside the government forum and done so. I'm sure she still would have had a soapbox to speak from.

But then Donnie and his cohorts would have said bad things about her on twitter, so..........................
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

No, the eligible date is when I can get it. If I can get the vaccine on April 5, I need to be able to schedule it prior to that date. I'm hoping that since they release appointments every Thursday, I will get my notification on Wednesday.
                          This is not accurate. You can schedule that day and if you happen to snag a same-day appointment, then great. But consistently, first day of eligibility for <whatever group> is the scheduling part, not necessarily the administration part.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

It wasn't an impossible decision. If her job meant either she look the other way while politicos passed on bad information, or she pass on bad information herself, she could have quit and let one of Donnie's ballwashers do that. Instead, she chose to stay, and do it herself.

If she wanted to get the right information out there, she could have stepped outside the government forum and done so. I'm sure she still would have had a soapbox to speak from.

But then Donnie and his cohorts would have said bad things about her on twitter, so..........................
                            I think her internal calculus (and that of everyone with a brain on that "team") was "I can stay and limit the damage or leave and who knows what moron Trump will install". That was sort of blown out by the hiring of that wretched Scott Atlas, but I think that was her internal thought process. Again, not a lot of sympathy because others were in the same boat and didn't openly praise Trump while allowing him to spew garbage.

Comment

This is not accurate. You can schedule that day and if you happen to snag a same-day appointment, then great. But consistently, first day of eligibility for <whatever group> is the scheduling part, not necessarily the administration part.
                              Same in Minnesota. Everyone over 16 is eligible as of tomorrow- no one wants those people scheduling until either tomorrow or likely even later- most of our clinics are still prioritizing higher need despite the gov saying everyone is eligible

Comment

I think her internal calculus (and that of everyone with a brain on that "team") was "I can stay and limit the damage or leave and who knows what moron Trump will install". That was sort of blown out by the hiring of that wretched Scott Atlas, but I think that was her internal thought process. Again, not a lot of sympathy because others were in the same boat and didn't openly praise Trump while allowing him to spew garbage.
                                So, along with being an incompetent ***-kisser, she's an egotistical cunt? "Only I can fix this".

Wow, sounds familiar.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X