Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Ha! Ron Johnson says "close contact" with deer actually protects against the chinee flu even better than hydroxychloroquine.

Ron Johnson knows deer.
    Ron Johnson feels safe around deer...they aren't BLM or Antifa like those stinking badgers!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Is it really that shocking that people who have actively tried to prevent all actions to prevent the spread of a deadly virus want's to keep the virus going?

Seems expected to me.

I very much hope that the vaccine requirement for cruising lasts a few years. That will filter out a lot of people that I don't want to spend time around (who knows what else they will spread around).

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I can think of all kinds of consequences, first and foremost of which is you might get sick or die from the disease.

Additional consequences pointed out by others here include your employer can choose to no longer employ you, businesses can choose to no longer do business with you, places of public accommodation may choose to no longer allow you to enter, friends may choose to no longer be in your presence, etc...

But yes, a person can choose to not take the vaccine.

Lets take a group. Say 40-44 year olds, they are at very little risk, essentially zero as an entire group. Break that group down further, say 40-44 year olds with zero comorbidities, who are at ZERO statistical risk of death and nil for severe disease.

Do you think they have the right to wait and learn more until the vaccinations are fully FDA Approved and live a life free of "consequence" until then?

On another note. What does the vaccine protect someone from in the same group as the example above, 40-44 year old, 0 comorbidities who are at zero risk of death and no serious risk of an serious illness?

If the Vaccine protects against more severe cases and death what does that do for people that are at no risk of those things? Does it make an asymptomatic person just a bit more asymptomatic???
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-25-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Interesting, because neither of the two largest hospital chains in the Twin Cities require it. You need to get one or watch a 30-minute video about infectious disease control or something like that.
          I'm now part of a larger multi-hospital organization so this is subject to change, but I'd not be allowed on premises of any hospital property or offsite location if I don't have proof of the flu shot or a documented reason for exemption. It's almost never an issue, because duh.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Yeah I really wish my wife and sister-in-law's hospitals were more like that.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• End the Right.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Or just end the fckwads who can afford to waste money spending an entire week in an overpriced pit like Miami Beach.

Comment

• Minnesota shifts gears.

https://twitter.com/catrichert/statu...317478921?s=21
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Man am I glad I already have my second appointment...

Amazing how smoothly things run when back asswards losers aren't blocking everything.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Mass had it’s highest number of cases today since early February. We need to open things up more though!
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        This has be at least partially driven by the uptick in cases. I've got to believe MN is the next B117 hotspot. Get the shots into as many arms as we can.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• @nzorach
                          A friend says, of Ford Field being used for a vaccination site: "The vaccine is the only adequate defense that building has ever seen."
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            @nzorach
                            A friend says, of Ford Field being used for a vaccination site: "The vaccine is the only adequate defense that building has ever seen."
                            Vaccinations have helped us stop a whole bunch of dangerous diseases. So, despite the current mistrust of the COVID vaccine, it is safer and more effective than waiting for 70-75% of the population to get sick. not to mention the virus mutations that occur during a pandemic.

Comment

• I am glad that we have the opportunity to be vaccinated with a good drug. Until then, I was looking for different vitamins on Canadian pharmacy to improve immunity. My good friend lives in Europe and is very dissatisfied with the vaccine in her country. So now she is waiting for our vaccine to be more confident in the drug
                              Last edited by jjuliajul11; 04-03-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Prof: Good story, Bodie. And I noticed you've stopped stuttering.
                                Bodie: I've been giving myself shock treatments.
                                Prof: Well, up the voltage!

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X