Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Every time I see a post from one of his cult I want to forward the tweets/posts that were shared a few weeks back that said Dump and Melania both got vaccinated before they left the White House. If their Lord and Savior had no issue getting a vaccine, even after having COVID, you'd think they would all be chomping at the bit to get one!
    Let alone dumpy trying to take 100% credit for the vaccine- as if he did anything. Pfizer didn't take part in operation warp speed, and was the first out.

I can't fathom how sick a person dumpy is- knowing how bad the virus was, and then intentionally doing things to make it worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He's not playing. Dunning-Kruger.
      Classic FlagDUDE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Interesting. Why this one and not SARS or one of the others? Body count?

Epidemiologists have been warning about "The Next Big One" for a half century. Not some piddling 3M but billions. Have we averted a catastrophic Black Death by getting "lucky" with a midrange virus that killed under 10M?

Did we just meta-virus medicine itself? Was it even medicine or just having utter incompetence in government at the time of vulnerability? They used to say famines were not about food but about terrible regimes. Did America just pay the price for having a terrible regime when something important happened?
        I think body count and overall societal impact are why, but I'll leave that to the medical historians. SARS 1 (and MERS) were far more severe and deadly diseases, but since most people who were infected with them pretty quickly developed obvious and serious symptoms, there was no issue with asymptomatic spread. Pre-symptomatic spread was possible but since it became super obvious super quickly that anyone who got sick needed to quarantine it was less problematic. Since SARS 2 spreads so gleefully from those without any symptoms, it festered (and festered and festered) and since it is much less severe than SARS 1, morons simply look at the topline fatality rate and erroneously think it's not a big deal, never bothering to take into consideration the actual impacts (like overcrowded hospitals, excess death from reduced care at said overcrowded hospitals, etc.).

I am not an epidemiologist so my opinion on this isn't super researched, but I feel like "we" hear endless doom and gloom predictions about this or that. Will there be another pandemic as horrific as the black plague? Maybe? I worry about that as much as I worry that the Yellowstone super volcano will explode, or the Chinese will invade the west coast, or whatever. I'd like to think we could have done better than we did during this pandemic, but I've read Asimov's Nemesis and ... we're just doomed to repeat the same stupid mistakes over and over.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• As someone in epi and who gets to spend time with Osterholm on occasion- it can get scary when you know what he knows. A flu based pandemic is still what’s likely to take us all down, and anti biotic resistance is what terrifies me next if I think about it. Which I try not to.

with how the flu changes, well, you know why it’s hard to get a bulletproof vaccine. amd yes sars 1 was much, much deadlier.
          Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-15-2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Pfizer shot 1 is in the books!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              As someone in epi and who gets to spend time with Osterholm on occasion- it can get scary when you know what he knows. A fly based pandemic is still what’s likely to take us all down, and anti biotic resistance is what terrifies me next if I think about it. Which I try not to.

with how the flu changes, well, you know why it’s hard to get a bulletproof vaccine. amd yes sars 1 was much, much deadlier.
              You’re obviously a lot more knowledgeable than me on Covid but I’ve been feeling pretty negative about the situation the last week or so. Maybe we’ll dodge the bullet of a spring surge, and I think either way we have a decent summer, but I think next fall we’ll be in a similar situation to this year where we more or less are trapped at home. I don’t think deaths and hospitalizations will be nearly as bad but it is going to be another tough winter for most people. I obviously hope I’m wrong.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Covid was bad because it:
                Spread easily
                spread asymptomatically
                Killed a lot
                but didn't kill "too many"

if this was as deadly as MERS with the same other characteristics, we'd have China-style lockdowns worldwide.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Covid was bad because it:
                  Spread easily
                  spread asymptomatically
                  Killed a lot

if this was as deadly as MERS with the same other characteristics, we'd have China-style lockdowns worldwide.
                  I agree with this. I also think we wouldn't have nearly as much resistance if bodies were piling up the way they would if this was MERS. Sure, window lickers like trollbot here would do their stupid thing, but it's a much harder sell to tell someone it's fake when they know many people who've died from it.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Covid was bad because it:
                    Spread easily
                    spread asymptomatically
                    Killed a lot

The MERS chapter in Osterholm book is great. It’s in camels and here to stay- will jump to humans again and a 35% death rate is , well...

Comment

• In response to the person who asked why get the vaccine with a fully functioning immune system- the latest variants are bypassing the natural immunity that folks who got it early have developed. In simple terms the virus morphed so the antibodies are not effective at blocking the virus from attaching to healthy cells and infecting. Vaccines work but not as effectively- they are showing decreased mortality but for some of the variants people still get sick. SO far this is true for at least 3 variants that I have seen- the SA, the Brazil and the new kid on the block- the NY variant.

Vaccines usually produce more efficient immunity- HPV has poor natural immunity but almost 99% immunity with vaccine.

Viruses have been around a long time, longer than we have been. They didn't survive being stupid. They morph and adjust to succeed at reproduction and spreading and they do this well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The MERS chapter in Osterholm book is great. It’s in camels and here to stay- will jump to humans again and a 35% death rate is , well...
                        I'm actually grateful we went through a relatively "easy" pandemic to get the mRNA tech to a point we've tested it and sussed out a lot of the first time issues. Hoping we can figure out how to sequence and fast track stuff to the point t that we can churn out a vaccine in months instead of 12+. I don't think we're far off now that we have seen what it can do.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Holy **** my arm hurts. Significantly worse than the flu shot. As bad as the mmr or tdap, whichever one sucks the most.
                          Code:

Comment

Holy **** my arm hurts. Significantly worse than the flu shot. As bad as the mmr or tdap, whichever one sucks the most.
                            Which shot did you have?

Hurts or aches? Stabby stabby or just heavy and tender?

Also: can you drink, like, a lot? Cuz I don't want to tell you how to medicate, but...
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Pfizer.

arm is heavy and feels like a dumbbell attached to it. Plus it hurts to move it. I think they also put it in fairly high in my muscle. I think I usually get them a little lower.

The odd thing is the joint hurts in addition to the muscle. Again, probably because I'm confusing the actual tendons and ligaments with the higher up muscles.
                              Code:

Comment

Pfizer.

arm is heavy and feels like a dumbbell attached to it. Plus it hurts to move it. I think they also put it in fairly high in my muscle. I think I usually get them a little lower.

The odd thing is the joint hurts in addition to the muscle. Again, probably because I'm confusing the actual tendons and ligaments with the higher up muscles.
                                I couldn’t move my arm the day after Pfizer

Comment

Working...
                                X