Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

The AZ vaccine uses a modified adenovirus to deliver the instructions to building the spike protein.
    And Pfizer and Moderna use mRNA to get some of your cells to start producing recognizable parts of the spike protein as well. It is not remotely possible to become infected from these vaccines. The implications of this technology are astounding and go far beyond COVID.

The Spanish Flu Pandemic forever changed medicine and really helped usher the world into the modern era. I am convinced that, despite the bleatings of the idiots, the COVID pandemic will do the same. Just from my perspective on the IT/ambulatory care side of healthcare, things are not going back. Telehealth is here to stay. mRNA has been looked at as a cancer treatment for years, and now we have a (so far) wildly successful real life use case for it in another context. We've learned a lot about treating the very sick.

Hopefully, despite the best efforts of those same bleating idiots, some of the behavioral changes will stick too. Stop being a cementhead and going to work when you're sick (no one is impressed if you "tough it out" and infect your coworkers). If you are sick, kindly where a mask. Maybe we don't all need to be in the office all the time.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      The Spanish Flu Pandemic forever changed medicine and really helped usher the world into the modern era. I am convinced that, despite the bleatings of the idiots, the COVID pandemic will do the same. Just from my perspective on the IT/ambulatory care side of healthcare, things are not going back. Telehealth is here to stay. mRNA has been looked at as a cancer treatment for years, and now we have a (so far) wildly successful real life use case for it in another context. We've learned a lot about treating the very sick.

Hopefully, despite the best efforts of those same bleating idiots, some of the behavioral changes will stick too. Stop being a cementhead and going to work when you're sick (no one is impressed if you "tough it out" and infect your coworkers). If you are sick, kindly where a mask. Maybe we don't all need to be in the office all the time.
      Interesting. Why this one and not SARS or one of the others? Body count?

Epidemiologists have been warning about "The Next Big One" for a half century. Not some piddling 3M but billions. Have we averted a catastrophic Black Death by getting "lucky" with a midrange virus that killed under 10M?

Did we just meta-virus medicine itself? Was it even medicine or just having utter incompetence in government at the time of vulnerability? They used to say famines were not about food but about terrible regimes. Did America just pay the price for having a terrible regime when something important happened?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

If someone is healthy, had Covid and fully recovered...what does the vaccine do, that their immune system did not do?

Let’s hear what you’ve got?

Try not to go full Fascist on this one.
        [sorry for quoting the troll]

The same thing the second dose of one of the mRNA vaccines does. It stimulates your memory-B cells to produce antibodies. Other vaccines also use a two dose schedule to confer increased protection.

There is research suggesting that if you've already been infected with Covid, you probably only need one dose of Moderna or Pfizer for good protection. The CDC hasn't changed guidance yet, but it's definitely something that is being looked at. So it's likely that actual covid infection is equivalent to one dose of the vaccine, and does not protect as well on its own (but it likely does offer some protection).
        Last edited by BassAle; 03-15-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• After half a million+ dead, is that idiot still seriously playing Trump Troll?

I guess its true, some people just refuse to learn.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            After half a million+ dead, is that idiot still seriously playing Trump Troll?

I guess its true, some people just refuse to learn.
            He's not playing. Dunning-Kruger.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

[sorry for quoting the troll]

The same thing the second dose of one of the mRNA vaccines does. It stimulates your memory-B cells to produce antibodies. Other vaccines also use a two dose schedule to confer increased protection.

There is research suggesting that if you've already been infected with Covid, you probably only need one dose of Moderna or Pfizer for good protection. The CDC hasn't changed guidance yet, but it's definitely something that is being looked at. So it's likely that actual covid infection is equivalent to one dose of the vaccine, and does not protect as well on its own (but it likely does offer some protection).
              But we have no idea how long immunity last after the MNRa vaccination, no? That’s one of the reasons it’s not FDA approved among others, it’s being studied in real time. Hence the EAU authorization.

So say someone is 35 years old, healthy, healthy weight, no comorbidities, literally almost 0% statistical chance of serious complications from getting Covid.

Can you explain why that person would need the vaccine versus allowing their perfectly functioning immune system to do its job against a Corona Virus?

And since we are talking in “likely” we know that the Covid Vaccine is almost certainly not going to eliminate a Corona Virus but likely be a regular booster shot similar to what is done with the flu each year.
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-15-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Memory-B cells are the long-term memory cells for your immune system, thus the -at this time- hypothesized difference between the vaccine and having become sick from COVID-19.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The same reason Jeb doesn't have a syph immunity even though his mom was riddled with it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    The same reason Jeb doesn't have a syph immunity even though his mom was riddled with it.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by DumbAss
                      Can you explain why that person would need the vaccine versus allowing their perfectly functioning immune system to do its job against a Corona Virus?
                      So they don't catch it and spread it to someone else that dies?

Comment

No where in the ballpark of answering the question but nice try on going the “Save Grandma” route.

You can try again if you would like. What protection does the Vaccine offer someone that already has a healthy functioning immune system?

Your response does raise the question, why would someone die if they have received the vaccine themselves? Especially given the fact that the death rates are minuscule pre vaccine already.
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-15-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Pfizer.
                          I’m getting my second Pfizer shot tomorrow. I had no reaction to the first one but we’ve decided to not go skiing until Thursday in the event of side effects.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• It’s slightly interesting to me as a sociological study, that as soon as Dumpie was silenced on Twitter for attempting a half *** overthrow of the United States, his most devout worshippers immediately switched from “Dumpie’s personal invention of vaccination saved the human race” to “medicine is an evil fake news invention of Fidel Castro and Bill Gates and/or some rich Jew.” It shows that it really is an unmoored cult of “personality” without any consistent principle, either bad or worse. They will just espouse whatever hurts more people.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

by know, we see that's the game plan they are following- 500k and counting.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                It’s slightly interesting to me as a sociological study, that as soon as Dumpie was silenced on Twitter for attempting a half *** overthrow of the United States, his most devout worshippers immediately switched from “Dumpie’s personal invention of vaccination saved the human race” to “medicine is an evil fake news invention of Fidel Castro and Bill Gates and/or some rich Jew.” It shows that it really is an unmoored cult of “personality” without any consistent principle, either bad or worse. They will just espouse whatever hurts more people.
                                Every time I see a post from one of his cult I want to forward the tweets/posts that were shared a few weeks back that said Dump and Melania both got vaccinated before they left the White House. If their Lord and Savior had no issue getting a vaccine, even after having COVID, you'd think they would all be chomping at the bit to get one!

Comment

Working...
                                X