Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    They went ****ing nuts over Terry Schiavo. One woman in a vegetative state, with no hope of ever recovering.

But nope, her husband couldn't exercise his legal right to make her medical care decisions for her, because all life is sacred. Even an 80 lb. lump with no cognitive function.
    If I am ever in an 80 lb. lump with no cognitive function state I have given all family members the right to pull the plug as soon as freaking possible.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

If I am ever in an 80 lb. lump with no cognitive function state I have given all family members the right to pull the plug as soon as freaking possible.
      But according to the R's, it's not your or their choice. It's the Party's choice.

These last 4 years have made moral discussions an easy argument- as they just threw all of that moral standing in the trash.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how irrelevant 1/2 million dead have become to the side that went ape ****ing ****balls over 3,000 in 2001. Speaks volumes. Also the total irrelevance of all the chronically ill that have been produced from a disease that didn't exist 2 years ago. Amazing. But, hey, TEXAS IS ****ING OPEN EVERYONE.
        The only thing not open in Texas is a science book...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I was a personal fan of cruises as a vacation option. Was really looking forward to a couple of them I had planned in the back of my mind. To be honest, I don't think I will ever get on a cruise again.
          I still have a cruise paid for, not sure whats going to happen. Its scheduled for Sept. Doubt that happens but we shall see. Disney says they are cruising this Fall. Not sure when Fall starts though. I don't see how social distance happens if that is still the mandate. I really have no interest in wearing a mask all the time on a cruise either.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I still have a cruise paid for, not sure whats going to happen. Its scheduled for Sept. Doubt that happens but we shall see. Disney says they are cruising this Fall. Not sure when Fall starts though. I don't see how social distance happens if that is still the mandate. I really have no interest in wearing a mask all the time on a cruise either.
            One thing that has to happen first is that cruises start at 50% capacity. And show that being safe. Odds are that most of the starting cruises will be masks

But with the new CDC directive that if everyone is vaccinated, no masks are needed may be one path to get no-masks cruising going. Lots and lots of debate on the cruise boards. The mask debates used to blow up into huge ones, but now the moderators shut them off before they get into the endless loops.

We don't want to wear a mask, either- but instead of rushing to get back on board, we will wait. Although, right now, we do have a Sept cruise on our schedule- it's the last one in a long list that date back to last April.

Comment

• I checked for appointments at about 1am and found one for Monday at a spot about 5 minutes away! Hooray for being a night owl!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Massachusetts is opening up a site tomorrow to pre-register for a vaccination appointment. I'd register, but the instructions say you won't be notified until you're eligible. And I have no idea when that will be so why bother?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

But wait, all my idiot union members say hospitals are raking in the cash with covid cases and that's why everyone that dies is a covid death. It's like printing money. When these saw jockeys are not cutting steel they work as doctors and nurses on the side.
                  Yeah. They're wrong. Spectacularly wrong.

Medicare pays a premium (so far it's been in the form of block payments separate from the usual reimbursement) for COVID-related treatment. But private insurers, who cover most Americans, do not. Also, Medicare requires the same level of scrutiny they do for any other claim. You need a positive test result, you need to submit your utilization review for stays longer than a couple of days (the "two midnight" rule). You need all the same clinical data that any other claim requires. The idea that they could just slap a COVID dx on a patient and make fat stacks of cash comes from people with zero knowledge of how hospitals bill. A doctor fraudulently putting COVID dx on a patient faces the loss of their license or worse. And since hospitals don't exactly share revenue directly, there's literally no incentive for them to do so.

And again, that's only one payer.

second edit:

This also ignores the fact that, again, when hospitals move to surge capacity they lose the ability to perform all those actual revenue generating procedures (knee replacements, heart catheters, CT scans, etc.). Those make up for far more of our revenue that the "normal" medical care for people sick with COVID. It also ignores the fact that respirators aren't cheap, and neither is the frightening amount of PPE we all suddenly go through.

Basically, my point is that anyone claiming that hospitals or doctors or whomever "just list everyone as COVID so they can get paid more" is a moron and I wonder how they've lived as long as they have without simply forgetting to breathe one day.
                  Last edited by Swansong; 03-11-2021, 11:44 AM.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    The idea that they could just slap a COVID dx on a patient and make fat stacks of cash comes from people with zero knowledge of how hospitals bill

scuse me?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. 24 hours later nothing more than a sore arm.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Woo!
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

scuse me?
                          Ha!

Sorry. Diagnosis. I spend too much of my life wrapped up in this stuff.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I do the same thing to les :-D
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. 24 hours later nothing more than a sore arm.
                              Good to hear!

Had a conversation with a friend who managed to get a companion shot when she took her mom - she only had a headache and only for a day. She drank a lot of water. She said it felt like a hangover. Wondered if there is something in the vaccine that dehydrates you. Good question. And does blood type or age factor into how people are affected by it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Good to hear!

Had a conversation with a friend who managed to get a companion shot when she took her mom - she only had a headache and only for a day. She drank a lot of water. She said it felt like a hangover. Wondered if there is something in the vaccine that dehydrates you. Good question. And does blood type or age factor into how people are affected by it?
                                I've heard that it's the elevated glucose from the immune response that increases thirst, although I didn't notice being more thirsty than normal.

with Moderna, for me
                                dose 1: no symptoms
                                dose 2: general sense of malaise

nothing severe

Age is a definite factor in severity of symptoms. Older people generally report fewer severe symptoms.
                                Last edited by BassAle; 03-11-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X