Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are hospitals doing?

Seems like they are doing better since the mask mandate and the vaccine being rolled out with some type of competence

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Likewise. And I really enjoyed the cruises I went on.

But putting 3000 people in a hefty bag and huffing each others germs for a week. Never again.
      Can't disagree with either of you, but with all of the cruises we have been on, we have seen first hand how they deal with realities. And I've seen some studies that some of the more modern ships have much better air handling than they are given credit for. The specific examples that were studied were the newest ships that we cruise on normally.

Touching food stuff, though....

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        How are hospitals doing?

Seems like they are doing better since the mask mandate and the vaccine being rolled out with some type of competence
        “Cases” and hospitalizations peeked months ago and have been plummeting since.

And “Seems like they are doing better...”

They are wide open.

Mask usage hasn’t changed one iota if anything it is more lax.

And that’s around the World.

Another who makes a virus political and eliminates themself from any serious discussion.

#CovidZombie

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I think the right thing to do is still go by aged based groups, and drop the age down by ten years once you can’t fill all the vaccination slots with the current ages.

here in Maine we are still supply limited and aren’t having problems finding willing people to vaccinate.
          That is what Michigan appears to be doing now. They will be opening it up to people 50+ on March 22nd. It is at least the easiest way to verify if someone is eligible as most (yes, not all) people have a state issued ID that includes birthdate.
          I don't like it though, because that means I have to wait for the 30s crowd (as I am just shy of 39...will be 39 by the time my turn comes around). The question for me is how many more outbreaks does my workplace have before than, and how long until it gets to the 30+ age group?
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

How are hospitals doing?

Hospitalizations are dropping nicely. As the US has focused on those most vulnerable, those most likely to end up admitted are now less likely to contract it at all and much much much less likely to have a severe case. This is spectacularly good news.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Hospitalizations are dropping nicely. As the US has focused on those most vulnerable, those most likely to end up admitted are now less likely to contract it at all and much much much less likely to have a severe case. This is spectacularly good news.
              I have read that our mitigation techniques on Covid have kept our normal glut of Flu hosptializations down drastically. I assume that's true. And isn't that exactly what we need to do? Cause if we had had Covid and a normal flu season would that not have overwhelmed the system entirely?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

How are hospitals doing?

One person in the entire state of North Dakota in the icu because of Covid.

I am sure they all started wearing masks unison and taking it seriously all at the exact same time. Doubt it had anything to do with a virus behaving like every other one known to man.

Looked it up, mast mandate ended on 1/18.

This is great news. Unfortunately for many, they would be more excited and giddy if they could point to a more fearful, hysterical story.

Disgusting really.
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-10-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I have read that our mitigation techniques on Covid have kept our normal glut of Flu hosptializations down drastically. I assume that's true. And isn't that exactly what we need to do? Cause if we had had Covid and a normal flu season would that not have overwhelmed the system entirely?
                  I thought our lack of mitigation techniques and compliance were the problem? Now they saved us?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It might have? One thing the nitwits continue to ignore is that when hospitals have to move to surge capacity they obviously lose the ability for normal procedures to happen. PACUs are converted to ICUs. Procedural areas like CT rooms, GI labs, heart catheters are converted to patient rooms, etc. So none of the normal care gets to happen, which is bad for population health and absolutely horrible for hospital budgets. COVID does not pay the bills.

We're also a year into this and I find the selfishness insane. You want to go eat at a restaurant and go to the gym, so f the nurses, techs, doctors, schedulers, IT folks, aids, transport staff, janitors and anyone else involved in patient care can get ***.

Comment

It might have? One thing the nitwits continue to ignore is that when hospitals have to move to surge capacity they obviously lose the ability for normal procedures to happen. PACUs are converted to ICUs. Procedural areas like CT rooms, GI labs, heart catheters are converted to patient rooms, etc. So none of the normal care gets to happen, which is bad for population health and absolutely horrible for hospital budgets. COVID does not pay the bills.

We're also a year into this and I find the selfishness insane. You want to go eat at a restaurant and go to the gym, so f the nurses, techs, doctors, schedulers, IT folks, aids, transport staff, janitors and anyone else involved in patient care can get ***.
                      Thank you. Exactly as I figured but it's nice to talk to someone who knows and is involved.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Biden buying another 100 million J&J shots. Ah the sweet smell of competent leadership!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You are selfish you whack job. Stay at home if you would like. Quit fetishizing over what others do with their lives, especially healthy people.

And what is it with CovidZombies and gyms? We are an overweight as F nation and it ties into just about every health issue. And ding, ding, it is highly correlated with bad Covid outcomes.

Healthy People going to a gym isn’t causing people to get sick you selfish whack job.

Comment

• Also, influenza and other respiratory bugs are at historically low levels. So obviously masks and social distancing has effects.

Comment

Also, influenza and other respiratory bugs are at historically low levels. So obviously masks and social distancing has effects.
                              Yeah, that is the conclusion my mother and I came to on the phone the other day. Seems to be entirely logical.

Comment

Also, influenza and other respiratory bugs are at historically low levels. So obviously masks and social distancing has effects.
                                Not to mention work/school from home and depressed amounts of travelling.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X