Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Party that loves our vets just screwed them over by blocking the passage of a bill to vaccinate them.

https://twitter.com/LeoShane/status/1369109782322364418
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• A friend posted this link on FB. It's a waiting list for extra doses in your area...

https://hidrb.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Z5t5J...6uHdxuUwijnseI
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• I know there's no cure for the determinedly stupid... but this latest meme going around is aggressively stupid. The Trump worshippers have PROVEN that masks will kill you, and that one should never cover one's sneezes and coughs, because the germs that are swimming around in your spit globules, if you isolate one and measure it, is AKSHULLY SMALLER than the holes in the mesh of the mask. Ergo, you will be safer spitting phlegm in the faces of everyone around you. Or something. I'm sure the Pillow Guy could explain it with science and algorithms.
        The party-enforced worship of Trump is effectively a ban on thinking for yourself or using any common sense.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I know there's no cure for the determinedly stupid... but this latest meme going around is aggressively stupid. The Trump worshippers have PROVEN that masks will kill you, and that one should never cover one's sneezes and coughs, because the germs that are swimming around in your spit globules, if you isolate one and measure it, is AKSHULLY SMALLER than the holes in the mesh of the mask. Ergo, you will be safer spitting phlegm in the faces of everyone around you. Or something. I'm sure the Pillow Guy could explain it with science and algorithms.
          The party-enforced worship of Trump is effectively a ban on thinking for yourself or using any common sense.
          Lot of nonsense to unpack in this post. Why not share something that backs up your position? Instead of bringing politics up which immediately eliminates anything you say as serious.

Why does a healthy person with no symptoms need to wear a mask?

What is the best real world mask study that you can point to?

Why do places that have had mask mandates and strong compliance have nothing to show for it versus places that do not?

What is your mask Mecca, that did it right?

What do you say to the last 20-30 years of research saying masks don’t work? It’s just poof, gone?
          Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-09-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Experts warned about states dropping mask mandates calling it foolish and dangerous...

So what's happened since North Dakota and Iowa dropped their mandates 50 and 30 days ago?

Covid-19 hospitalizations have dropped 75% and 47% respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Minnesota expanding its program. According to Walz they will pass the 70% mark of the 65+ crowd by tomorrow. Looks like food retail workers/food service are part of the new group so I might have a shot that way as well.
              I've been discussing this today a lot. It's time to open up to everyone. The ultimate goal is herd immunity. When you have a tiny fraction of the supply to get there, you protect the highest risk and the most exposed. It's obvious now we've got a significantly expanded supply even compared to 2-3 weeks ago and it's going to keep increasing.

We're at the point where every vaccine administered is worth exponentially more than the prior. So if we can get to 40%_50% of the population protected, that's going to save more lives than making sure we've got 80% of some group a panel has decided deserves it more. Nah, we're past the highest risk groups. The remaining people have a fraction the risk of those 70+. We need to just get the vaccine in peoples arms.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I've been discussing this today a lot. It's time to open up to everyone. The ultimate goal is herd immunity. When you have a tiny fraction of the supply to get there, you protect the highest risk and the most exposed. It's obvious now we've got a significantly expanded supply even compared to 2-3 weeks ago and it's going to keep increasing.

We're at the point where every vaccine administered is worth exponentially more than the prior. So if we can get to 40%_50% of the population protected, that's going to save more lives than making sure we've got 80% of some group a panel has decided deserves it more. Nah, we're past the highest risk groups. The remaining people have a fraction the risk of those 70+. We need to just get the vaccine in peoples arms.
                Strongly agree with this. You can still have some spots that are only for seniors or teachers too. We need to get it out as quickly as possible and it sounds like in a couple weeks lots of J&J will be available.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  A friend posted this link on FB. It's a waiting list for extra doses in your area...

https://hidrb.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Z5t5J...6uHdxuUwijnseI
                  Anyone have any idea how sketchy this is? I don't understand how they make money, so obviously it has to do with selling my data. Any insights anyone?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I dont think they have the shots to open it up for everyone here yet...but they are getting close. I would guess by Mid-April it will be open to everyone if not sooner depending on J&J production.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Contact me

Comment

• Looks like North Memorial (that is who I go to I guess according to Mychart) is doing it random selection. That is not very helpful. Looks like I will be calling Walmarts and such for appointments...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Agreed. I'm hoping to get it before being called back to Texas.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• I think Arizona opened it up to everyone. The red states that you can all guess haven't had as much demand as they thought. Alabama, Louisiana, Miss, etc
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I think the right thing to do is still go by aged based groups, and drop the age down by ten years once you can’t fill all the vaccination slots with the current ages.

here in Maine we are still supply limited and aren’t having problems finding willing people to vaccinate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I dont think they have the shots to open it up for everyone here yet...but they are getting close. I would guess by Mid-April it will be open to everyone if not sooner depending on J&J production.
                                I'm with you here. Some friends of mine managed to get on a list at a certain pharmacy and are getting it early it seems but they have to travel outside the exburban area a little. So, you can go that route. It'll get to me eventually. I have two child care workers in the family and one is already vaccinated and the other is scheduled this week for it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X