Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Thank you. Unfortunately for my niece, I just learned that she was tested today due to showing a couple symptoms last night, and then was coughing this morning. I hope what she's displayed so far will be the worst of it. My SIL says that she's been crying, worried that she's infected the rest of her family, and having to stay home from school.

FTR, her school, in a well-funded suburban school district, doesn't have the room available to seat children 6' apart now that they're fully back to in-person learning.
    My daughter teaches in a similar environment. It's terrifying me.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• They really are the dumbest people on earth.

https://tucson.com/news/local/aids-a...bf3a81721.html

Rep. Randall Friese, a Tucson Democrat who is a physician, said masks are part of the “very basic, important tools,” along with hand-washing and social distancing, to curb the spread.

Chaplik, however, argued that the mandates are an overreaction and that society has managed to survive other viral outbreaks without masks.

For example, he cited HIV “that was going to wipe our global destruction of human bodies with AIDS.”

“We heard about that in the ’80s,” Chaplik said. “Yet no masks were required.”
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• :bangs head on desk:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          They really are the dumbest people on earth.

Just remember you are free to keep wearing your Badge of Statism right over your face.

Comment

• Anyone?

We have been in a “state of emergency” for a year.

The ostensible reason for this suspension of our fundamental rights was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed and to protect the elderly.

Hospitals are empty, and the elderly have been vaccinated.

Where is the emergency?

Comment

• I'm hungry. Let's get some nachos.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I am on the list at 3 different Walmarts in the area. 1 asked if I met any of the criteria and I said I was an educator so thy said bring my ID if I get called. I have a local district ID from my sub days. (no email which is why I could never sign up) A different one sounded surprised anyone called about it at all...

I am feeling cautiously optmistic!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I don’t know, she’s 8yo, and she’s had issues with not being in school - very social girl. I think she puts forth a healthy appearance at all times in order to avoid being home sick. I’m really more concerned for my daughter at this point, even though I know she’s not likely to have severe reaction to it, but she’s not had a very healthy month. Opportunity and all.
                  Ugh. I'm sorry. Hoping for negatives all around.
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-08-2021, 11:33 PM.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I am on the list at 3 different Walmarts in the area. 1 asked if I met any of the criteria and I said I was an educator so thy said bring my ID if I get called. I have a local district ID from my sub days. (no email which is why I could never sign up) A different one sounded surprised anyone called about it at all...

I am feeling cautiously optmistic!
                    If anyone needs advice on where to go on in Minnesota, hit me up. I’m getting a lot of people signed up with various methods

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      A tip for people waiting for a vaccine. Check your local Walmart. Even better, check a Walmart in a less populated location.

My wife, in her circle of Facebook friends, learned that Walmarts here in Minnesota are vaccinating people who aren't otherwise "qualified" (such as yours truly) to avoid wasting vaccine, and they are doing it a lot. Just got my first of the Moderna this afternoon, and we just called at 2:00 p.m. Call the pharmacy in the Walmart directly, not their Covid hotline. If they don't have extra for you today, they'll put you on their call list for tomorrow or the coming days. The pharmacist that gave me my shot said they've "run out of 65 year olds."
                      I haven't heard anything about Walmart having the vaccine in Michigan...but I know Riteaid and Meijer have it here.
                      My sister-in-law is in a Facebook group trying to get people access to vaccines. They started out helping their parents and older individuals, then got themselves on Walmart wait lists for missed appointments. Thanks to that, my brother and sister-in-law have gotten their first dose (they live in Houston).

Sister-in-law is now on an internet crusade to try and find access for hubby and I in Michigan. Part of her motivation is the family still really wants to go to Hawaii in August (my parents had been planning this family trip for their 50th anniversary for years already).

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• More good news.
                        Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine has shown a high ability to neutralize coronavirus strains first detected in Brazil, the U.K. and South Africa - another positive sign that vaccines could eventually bring an end to the global pandemic.
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ds/ar-BB1epbfx
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Minnesota expanding its program. According to Walz they will pass the 70% mark of the 65+ crowd by tomorrow. Looks like food retail workers/food service are part of the new group so I might have a shot that way as well.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Minnesota expanding its program. According to Walz they will pass the 70% mark of the 65+ crowd by tomorrow. Looks like food retail workers/food service are part of the new group so I might have a shot that way as well.
                            And if it gets out that you are a USCHO Radical?

Comment

• Just saw a headline this morning that Florida is expanding to 60+ on March 15.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

And if it gets out that you are a USCHO Radical?
                                Walz will be fine with it...Gazelka and the rest of the Troglodytes will want me drawn and quartered ;^)
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X